Author Topic: New Willy Santos part  (Read 5335 times)

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Re: New Willy Santos part
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2018, 10:57:40 PM »
I also like when stupid bloodonmydick says "it's not a new part if it came out a year ago" brahhh it's like from 4 months ago CHILL

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 07:16:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's not new if it came out a year ago. Willy is a cheap fuck. I went into his shop for grip years ago and his credit card server was down. I didn't have cash on me. You would think he would of given me an IOU but no dice. I was dumbfounded. Made me dislike him and everything about him after that
[close]

You’re mad over someone wanting cash for goods? Fuck you’re the worst slap poster in a minute. I miss tracer.
[close]

Maybe you're still learning English. I offered to pay with my card but Will's machine was broke. I told him I didn't have cash but would pay him thw 4 dollars the next time I came in. I had been to the store a few times and always bought shit. I skated on a team with Will's good friend so I figured it wasn't a big deal and he knew I was good for the couple bucks. He made a stink about it so I left never to return or watch his parts. Maybe I'm being a bitch about it but im sure any of your local shops would of given you the piece of grip given the scenario. Im sure your shop would probably just give you it for free. Im just saying Will is a cheap ass. That's my opinion and if you don't like it you can Gnar me

Indeed.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 08:10:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's not new if it came out a year ago. Willy is a cheap fuck. I went into his shop for grip years ago and his credit card server was down. I didn't have cash on me. You would think he would of given me an IOU but no dice. I was dumbfounded. Made me dislike him and everything about him after that
[close]

So you think it makes more sense for him to give you free grip instead of just going to an atm?
[close]
I'm sorry but did you see anywhere in my post where I asked for your stupid ass opinion?

Cut to the next day...
Too many bullies. I thought skateboarding was a brother and sisterhood. I've never dealt with so many fucbois. If this is the Slap everyone loves then I'm done. I hate you all
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2018, 09:58:18 AM »
Willy Santos was one of my favorite skaters growing up and is one of the most underrated skaters of all time. In middle school in my sixth grade reading class we had an assignment once where we had to choose someone famous to do a paper on and then we had to dress up as that person and pretend to be them and present that paper in front of the class in character as that person and I chose Willy Santos. I don't think anyone knew who I was at all hah.
Willy along with Chico and Reynolds and a few others gives me hope to still be skating and hopefully still be flipping my board when I'm in my 40s and beyond.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2018, 11:53:35 AM »
Willy Santos was one of my favorite skaters growing up and is one of the most underrated skaters of all time.
Underrated to newer generations maybe but his place in skate history is undeniable. He was considered one of the best skaters alive from the G&S days up until about The End. 

cloudy

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2018, 12:40:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Willy Santos was one of my favorite skaters growing up and is one of the most underrated skaters of all time.
[close]
Underrated to newer generations maybe but his place in skate history is undeniable. He was considered one of the best skaters alive from the G&S days up until about The End.

speaking of underrated. only the real ones know...

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2018, 01:47:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah I was talking to some US pros in the late 90s on a train after some contest and they all said Willy Santos was the best skater they have ever seen.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2018, 01:56:04 PM »
speaking of underrated. only the real ones know...

damn, I remember that game. I remember each of the featured skaters' had a little bio thing in the game you could read, with interview snippets and one of the questions was 'how would you describe your own skating style?'. Willy's answer was 'smooth as ice'; for some reason that's always amused me.

Willy's always been a favorite. I used to watch his part in Feasters all the time. Backside ollie late 360 shove in a bowl. He had another video part a few years back (2014) and I remember writing a long article about it for Richard Hart's Push Periodical. Unfortunately it couldn't make the cut (honestly, in retrospect it was pretty bad), but I still got to write about Pat Brennen.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:58:39 PM by silhouette »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2018, 02:15:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

yeah I was talking to some US pros in the late 90s on a train after some contest and they all said Willy Santos was the best skater they have ever seen.

I remember a mid-90s TWS contest report and they said something like: "there was an audible collective gasp when Willy Santos missed a trick in his run."
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2018, 06:08:09 AM »
my guy Silly Wantos with the blunt to losi

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 08:39:42 AM »
Thanks for posting that Goku. It was new to me.
Rad part and a rad dude. I see him out and around all the time. Still doing it. And such a nice guy.
At one point during those Winona Ryder / Next Generation days, it was a debate between Willy & Koston for best skater.
His shrewdness with money has been well documented and over hyped so much over the years that it's almost part of his image. Wasn't it a KOTR challenge once even? To get Willy to give you some money? So, why would griptape be free?

cl3998618

• Rep: 3
  • Ownboard
    • Best Electric Skateboard avatar image
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2018, 04:51:33 AM »
Why is he so high that he can jump??
Take $15-20 Off + Free Shipping Your Order of https://www.ownboard.net, Electric Skateboard Coupon Code:VIP003

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2018, 10:29:21 AM »
Why is he so high that he can jump??

same.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2018, 11:31:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You’re mad over someone wanting cash for goods? Fuck you’re the worst slap poster in a minute. I miss tracer.
[close]

Maybe you're still learning English. I offered to pay with my card but Will's machine was broke. I told him I didn't have cash but would pay him thw 4 dollars the next time I came in. I had been to the store a few times and always bought shit. I skated on a team with Will's good friend so I figured it wasn't a big deal and he knew I was good for the couple bucks. He made a stink about it so I left never to return or watch his parts. Maybe I'm being a bitch about it but im sure any of your local shops would of given you the piece of grip given the scenario. Im sure your shop would probably just give you it for free. Im just saying Will is a cheap ass. That's my opinion and if you don't like it you can Gnar me

Where did you get the board you needed grip for? If it wasn't from willys shop then it's kinda a dick move going there just for grip
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2018, 05:19:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Where did you get the board you needed grip for? If it wasn't from willys shop then it's kinda a dick move going there just for grip

I got it from Birdhouse. I was skating for them at some point. Just flow though