Author Topic: Mental Health issues and skateboarding  (Read 4336 times)

mclovin1336

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
Re: Mental Health issues and skateboarding
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2018, 11:21:38 PM »
of course mediaction alone wont help sufficiently, you need to see a professional psychotherapist as well. dont you guys have psychotherapy in the states (assuming youre from the states)?

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 11:45:48 PM »
A lot of behaviors are just habits. I get the purpose of DBT and CBT and being mindful of patterns of thoughts but if I could only put what I would like to believe in into practice.

I tell everyone to shut the fuck up constantly in my head which propels me further into anger, isolation, disorientation, and projection and if I didn't say that I wouldn't get as deep into it. If only everyone would shut the fuck up in the first place it would sure help out but that's unrealistic unless I seclude myself in nature which isn't a sustainable lifestyle.

Skateboarding, birdwatching and nature photography take up too much RAM for my brain to process other shit sometimes, which is good. Being active can help reset the mind to think more freely again allowing space for potential problem solving.

I'm not sure if this helps, it's just thoughts I had.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 04:09:04 AM »
A lot of behaviors are just habits. I get the purpose of DBT and CBT and being mindful of patterns of thoughts but if I could only put what I would like to believe in into practice.

I tell everyone to shut the fuck up constantly in my head which propels me further into anger, isolation, disorientation, and projection and if I didn't say that I wouldn't get as deep into it. If only everyone would shut the fuck up in the first place it would sure help out but that's unrealistic unless I seclude myself in nature which isn't a sustainable lifestyle.

Skateboarding, birdwatching and nature photography take up too much RAM for my brain to process other shit sometimes, which is good. Being active can help reset the mind to think more freely again allowing space for potential problem solving.

I'm not sure if this helps, it's just thoughts I had.

this is actually true from a scientific point of view. they are studies where participants had to do a task (e.g. calculus) that needs high capacity of working memory ("RAM") and these people "worried" less than a controll group, at least for the time being occupied with the task. Understanding these results in a wider sense, i guess your intuitive theories why being occupied with these activities can help your problem (at least to some extent) are valid

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 09:15:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Skateboarding works great until you get hurt. Then things get real dark real quick.
[close]

this.

and don't listen to the stigma about medication that everyone is throwing around.  its very necessary for a lot of us.

yep. when im not doing well skating doesnt seem to help and i end up just sitting around or not going at all.