Author Topic: Mounting a board that's still in plastic  (Read 7948 times)

shit_for_brains

Mounting a board that's still in plastic
« on: July 07, 2018, 09:47:52 AM »
So I got this particular board for the wall, turns out it's a limited edition and I have a nice low number so I want to keep it in the plastic because one day some dickhead who doesn't skate WILL pay me a lot for it. Anyone done this before? If so, how?

kentrock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -199
Re: Mounting a board that's still in plastic
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 06:12:03 PM »
no problem, just put the grip tape on the plastic

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:18:09 PM »
Are you high?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

shit_for_brains

Pigeon

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 10:12:19 PM »
no problem, just put the grip tape on the plastic

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 11:36:23 PM »
When you mount a board that wrapped in plastic it doesn't feel quite as good as it would without it, but it's safer for all involved parties.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 06:27:32 AM »
I'm not sure what's going on here.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 07:44:46 AM »
is it a joke ? irony ? :D

shit_for_brains

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 07:45:40 AM »
May god damn every single one of you to hell.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 09:59:44 AM »
When I saw you were the most recent post in this thread I was certain you were calling OP a moron but lo and behold..

What is this prized investment that will carry you into a wealthy retirement?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 12:31:35 PM »
It's a fucking skateboard I want to mount on the fucking wall without taking out of the fucking plastic is what it is

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 12:40:22 PM »
It's a fucking skateboard I want to mount on the fucking wall without taking out of the fucking plastic is what it is
2 thin towel racks and just set it on top of them
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 12:48:36 PM »
You can use brackets from home depot or whatever hardware store and make a mounting contraption. Also depends if it's horizontal or vertical I guess,but like El Chino said towel racks would work.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 12:59:12 PM »
its just a goku board chill man they probably made like 10 million
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 01:11:18 PM »
Thank you to two of you and only two of you

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »
use a needle to make tiny holes in the plastic wrap, and hang it with fishing line or a shoe lace. worked for me.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 08:22:36 PM »
yeah, how big a deal is not puncturing through the bolt holes, just use a nail to poke enough room for a string or something and hang it on a hook?

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
I'm still interested in the whole grip tape thing
(Cool Trick GIF)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 01:42:36 PM »
I'm still interested in the whole grip tape thing

this is what i do too
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 10:38:58 PM »
Just put it on a shelf you tard.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »
Keep it out of a sunny part in the house and away from heat. The light could discolor the inks and the heat would cause the plastic to stick to the graphic, so it’ll pull the ink from the board when removed later or leave residue.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 10:43:15 PM »
Keep it out of a sunny part in the house and away from heat. The light could discolor the inks and the heat would cause the plastic to stick to the graphic, so it’ll pull the ink from the board when removed later or leave residue.
You've done this before. Where were you ten years ago when I tried this?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 05:33:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You've done this before. Where were you ten years ago when I tried this?

He and I were in common sense class

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 05:32:23 PM »
Probably the most basic way would be to put 4 nails, 1 around each side of nose/tail in a way that it will stay in place. Won't look the prettiest but it would work.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »
Ok, first things first - keeping an item wrapped in cheap shrink wrap that's intended for display is just plain tacky. I was just at Winkle's place in Barcelona and all the boards on his wall were still in half ripped shrink wrap, and it looked so shitty. Do you leave other items you bought in the protective plastic wrap? No. Especially not anything you consider art.

If you're worried about reselling it, and for some reason the buyer wants to pay more for a plastic wrapped board, either take a pic of it before you remove the wrap and then just get it re-wrapped when you sell it so nobody's the wiser, or get the inexpensive bags that fit decks and are much better quality than thin plastic wrap that offers almost no protection. Hang the board as usual. The main thing you should be worried about is that displaying a board in any fashion increases the chance that it will warp, compared to keeping it in a well aligned stack of similar concave decks. I would think warpage is more of a concern than whether or not it's in plastic wrap. I store all my collection decks with foam sheets between them, in boxes... and I alternate the 2 or 3 I have on display every few months.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2018, 06:15:01 PM »
Ok, first things first - keeping an item wrapped in cheap shrink wrap that's intended for display is just plain tacky. I was just at Winkle's place in Barcelona and all the boards on his wall were still in half ripped shrink wrap, and it looked so shitty. Do you leave other items you bought in the protective plastic wrap? No. Especially not anything you consider art.

If you're worried about reselling it, and for some reason the buyer wants to pay more for a plastic wrapped board, either take a pic of it before you remove the wrap and then just get it re-wrapped when you sell it so nobody's the wiser, or get the inexpensive bags that fit decks and are much better quality than thin plastic wrap that offers almost no protection. Hang the board as usual. The main thing you should be worried about is that displaying a board in any fashion increases the chance that it will warp, compared to keeping it in a well aligned stack of similar concave decks. I would think warpage is more of a concern than whether or not it's in plastic wrap. I store all my collection decks with foam sheets between them, in boxes... and I alternate the 2 or 3 I have on display every few months.

Oh cool. Pick up that name you dropped I don't want it.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2018, 10:50:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's what you focussed on? Winkle wasn't even there, if that helps. I think of that as a Barcelona landmark, it's been in clips etc in which you can see the boards everywhere. Couldn't care less if anyone thinks that dude is noteworthy.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2018, 06:21:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That's what you focussed on? Winkle wasn't even there, if that helps. I think of that as a Barcelona landmark, it's been in clips etc in which you can see the boards everywhere. Couldn't care less if anyone thinks that dude is noteworthy.

Oh I didn't read it all I gave up right after the Winkle part. Didn't even read all of this one.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2018, 07:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh I didn't read it all I gave up right after the Winkle part. Didn't even read all of this one.

Alright buddy, have fun hanging plastic wrapped skateboards on your wall.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2018, 10:49:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Alright buddy, have fun hanging plastic wrapped skateboards on your wall.

Wait were you talking to me this whole time