Author Topic: Ishod & Zion both got broken off at SLS LA  (Read 9260 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ishod & Zion both got broken off at SLS LA
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2018, 10:13:13 AM »
anyone watch? joslin got robbed. glad to see some other skaters winning these things.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 04:57:32 PM »
anyone watch? joslin got robbed. glad to see some other skaters winning these things.
I watch all these damn things. 🤓
Joslin was 2nd, Hoefler was 3rd. Nyjah was 4th but could have easily gotten 2nd or 3rd but had to go for 1st in the best trick and fell. Manny got 5th but won the hearts of all the spectators, and Yuto got 1st because he’s in full fucking contest destroyer mode. He will probably win all the contests the rest of this year.
ableSkateMag.com

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I watch all these damn things. 🤓
Joslin was 2nd, Hoefler was 3rd. Nyjah was 4th but could have easily gotten 2nd or 3rd but had to go for 1st in the best trick and fell. Manny got 5th but won the hearts of all the spectators, and Yuto got 1st because he’s in full fucking contest destroyer mode. He will probably win all the contests the rest of this year.

I've watched Yuto skate locally, kid can just roll up and start throwing out bangers; he's amazing to watch in person, so effortless.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 09:20:40 AM »
yuto got the best looking arms in skateboarding
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 09:39:23 AM »
Crazy how Blind just won't turn Yuto pro already. I feel like he'd cash in with all the kids that watch SLS. Would be cool if he now road for a Japanese brand out of no where.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2018, 03:38:22 PM »
Crazy how Blind just won't turn Yuto pro already. I feel like he'd cash in with all the kids that watch SLS. Would be cool if he now road for a Japanese brand out of no where.

He doesn't have a board in their holiday catalogue, so I'm guessing he's gone...

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2018, 04:24:10 PM »

He falls right into the 'ridiculously good but too boring to be marketable' category. Personality is important, both literally and in regards to how you skate.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2018, 09:22:22 PM »
Yuto did the Gino trick down a 10 stair rail first try with his hands at his sides. Kid is a freak.
Kelly Hart is a street league judge apparently, making him associated with any and all nine clubs
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2018, 11:10:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He falls right into the 'ridiculously good but too boring to be marketable' category. Personality is important, both literally and in regards to how you skate.

Maybe he's just too humble? Japanese culture is different.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

jomeara1

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2018, 04:56:34 PM »
Damn that was rough.

Aside from that, I really hate street league and the whole side line reporter thing is so cringey to me.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2018, 05:14:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Maybe he's just too humble? Japanese culture is different.

For sure, and not trying to knock him so much as just point out the obvious. Clean cut, well mannered and humble while being ridiculously good doesn't always add up to an interesting career.