Author Topic: Street spots in La Jolla cove area of San Diego?  (Read 1658 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Street spots in La Jolla cove area of San Diego?
« on: October 23, 2018, 04:30:19 AM »
I'm heading to San Diego for a conference tomorrow and will have a few hours to kill before the first event in La Jolla. Are their any street spots worth checking out around there?

I'll have my nikes and redbull... just need a spot

cloudy

Re: Street spots in La Jolla cove area of San Diego?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 09:46:48 AM »
ucsd is in la jolla. not sure if it's still the "little mecca" that walker ryan once described it as, but if half the spots that he skates in his ucsd edit are still skateable, it should be fun. cool campus to check out regardless.

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/features/walker-ryan-20-questions-organika-giveaway/

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 04:51:31 AM »
Damn, i've never seen that edit. Great part with sick spots.

My brother lived in San Diego a few years. I was always disappointed in street spots, but the hill bombing was surprisingly good. I like LA and SF more. Wish I could contribute more.

Security is heavy in San Diego, especially La Jolla. IIRC it is the richest district in the country.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 10:30:19 AM »
sonic, i had pretty good luck. it was definitely a really rich area of town but i skated down the side walks, bombed the hills right in the middle of it all and then skated this curb for like an hour and a half right on the beach. super fun.

Gary Coleman

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 08:38:09 PM »
SD is one of the best places to skate in America IMO, it's just that the spots are really spread out throughout the county.  Not unlike LA or OC in that regard... Would be pretty nuts to huck it at La Jolla 18 before a work conference tho...

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 06:14:49 PM »
SD is one of the worst places to skate in America IMO because the spots are really spread out throughout the county.  Not unlike LA or OC in that regard... Would be pretty nuts to huck it at La Jolla 18 before a work conference tho...

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 09:56:46 PM »
ucsd is in la jolla. not sure if it's still the "little mecca" that walker ryan once described it as, but if half the spots that he skates in his ucsd edit are still skateable, it should be fun. cool campus to check out regardless.

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/features/walker-ryan-20-questions-organika-giveaway/

Sadly every ledge spot in the video is capped now, but there are other ledges around campus. Just like walker, you can film a whole part on that campus but you gotta really look for the spots and not get caught.