Author Topic: How fucked is zero?  (Read 20197 times)

Just Giver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
Re: How fucked is zero?
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2019, 10:55:27 AM »
It's because hip-hop and auto tune kind of music is cool nowadays and goes with the hip Instagram edits and colorful camo pants and slo mo close ups of flatground tricks haha ... but it's a cycle and soon the hype around skateboarding from the mainstream will go away and that will bring back punk only then brands like zero can be relevant again, but now no way. I hope Zero survives this phase

All of that was like three years ago.  They children have moved on.  Things are normalizing.  That whole offshoot of skateboarding is just teenagers being teenagers.  We wore dumbass shit and listened to dumbass shit when we were their age too.

Hip Hop is not the reason Zero died.  Big rail skating and hucking was sick--just like how vert skating was sick--but they couldn't keep the collective attention of the people forever.  I'm not a fan of any of the "Soundcloud," Odd Future, and zumiez offshoot of skateboarding, but they certainly didn't kill Zero.  Zero had an image; it was cool, but it got old.     

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2019, 08:56:07 PM »
Expand Quote
He doesn't have a shoe sponsor and risks his life for a measly zero check while the rape trio have better pay and sponsors. At least let him try to get laid.
[close]

Agreed, its a sad state of affairs when a guy who does possibly the gnarliest rail in history, makes thrasher cover, can put together a last part for a zero vid, and he is probably couch surfing the world without a dollar to his name. Who the fuck would encourage their kids to choose skating as a career? Are you really worried about coach dads ruining skating? More like skating is going to ruin coach dads. Fuck just about any other career option would be easier than being a top skater these days, its one of the most difficult skills on the planet, brutal on the body and leaves you broke with drinking and hygene problems.
Working a part time job and getting 1500 a month to skate sounds pretty good to me. Probably can make decent money selling shit as well....

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2019, 01:31:41 AM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2019, 07:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Guys do horrible stuff to women all the time, I'm not making excuses for anyone...

But someone comes on here and says "my friend's girlfriend used to get dick pics from him" with no evidence at all and we're supposed to turn on him?
[close]

It's not turning on him if you never liked the horny little dweeb in the first place. I also love the "I'm not making excuses..." directly followed by making excuses. You can be pro feminism, open about sexuality, and still be a fucking creepy dickhole. Louis C.K. was all of those things that you mentioned, and basically forced women to watch him stroke one out.

Louis never forced anyone
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

euro tm

« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2019, 12:06:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah, I still don't get all the Burman hate. Dude kills it. Always has.
[close]

Only reason I kinda hate on Dane is because Tommy Gunz should have had last part in Cold War. Only reason Dane got it was because of that 50-50 kink drop, that's on Chief really but that's where I'm coming from.
[close]

When tommy didnt get last part, zero stonks went waaaaaay down. waaaay way down.

dane had last part in the itunes version and tommy had last part on the dvd if i remember correctly. i was at the premier and i can’t ever remember who had last part for that. i know i’ve seen both versions though.

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2019, 04:54:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Guys do horrible stuff to women all the time, I'm not making excuses for anyone...

But someone comes on here and says "my friend's girlfriend used to get dick pics from him" with no evidence at all and we're supposed to turn on him?
[close]

It's not turning on him if you never liked the horny little dweeb in the first place. I also love the "I'm not making excuses..." directly followed by making excuses. You can be pro feminism, open about sexuality, and still be a fucking creepy dickhole. Louis C.K. was all of those things that you mentioned, and basically forced women to watch him stroke one out.
[close]

Very true, he just suggested to various women that they watch him jerk off to cover his humiliation fantasies under the guise that he could make or break their career by their choice of whether or not to watch him tug his little red rocket.  And, sometimes, he kind of blocked the exit to make it a little more difficult for them to get the fuck out if they didn't want to be part of the whole thing.  But you're correct, he never physically forced them, so it's all cool, eh?

Hint: Most "Male feminists" out there seem to be guys who are just creeping on ladies by gaining their trust only to abuse it later.  Be down for women and their empowerment, so be it, but I don't trust any guy that calls himself a feminist under any circumstances.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

ColinYourAssOut

« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2019, 04:57:06 PM »
And I’m no fan of trump (or any politician for that matter).. but you throwing pizzagate under the bus like that out of nowhere is another red flag to me that you’re either naive/uneducated (which is fine).. or you’re into children. One or the other. If you did your own research on what ppl are even talking about, which clearly you haven’t.. you’d have a different opinion.

I think the biggest question is, if we check Epstein's flight logs to Lolita Island, will we find Burman on it anywhere near as many times as Bill Clinton?  Holding back judgement until we know for sure.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2019, 05:14:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Very true, he just suggested to various women that they watch him jerk off to cover his humiliation fantasies under the guise that he could make or break their career by their choice of whether or not to watch him tug his little red rocket.  And, sometimes, he kind of blocked the exit to make it a little more difficult for them to get the fuck out if they didn't want to be part of the whole thing.  But you're correct, he never physically forced them, so it's all cool, eh?

Hint: Most "Male feminists" out there seem to be guys who are just creeping on ladies by gaining their trust only to abuse it later.  Be down for women and their empowerment, so be it, but I don't trust any guy that calls himself a feminist under any circumstances.

Your first paragraph was fire. Totally on board with it. In fact, you sound like a "male feminist". Second paragraph, yeesh. You should know it's okay, as a male, to align yourself with feminist thinking. Maybe you're just referring to dudes who some how try to leverage the theatre of loudly calling themselves a feminist in order to get their creep on. Which, okay, definitely happens. Dirtbags will be dirtbags. But if in your private life and in your internal little world these things are important to you, you can proudly, albeit silently if that's what you want, support feminism and that's actually pretty rad overall.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2019, 05:57:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Your first paragraph was fire. Totally on board with it. In fact, you sound like a "male feminist". Second paragraph, yeesh. You should know it's okay, as a male, to align yourself with feminist thinking. Maybe you're just referring to dudes who some how try to leverage the theatre of loudly calling themselves a feminist in order to get their creep on. Which, okay, definitely happens. Dirtbags will be dirtbags. But if in your private life and in your internal little world these things are important to you, you can proudly, albeit silently if that's what you want, support feminism and that's actually pretty rad overall.
Hey! Whatcha doin with that concise, well informed opinion round these parts?!? We dont take kindly to people without dicks, or people with dicks for that matter DANE. It's just simply impossible to relate.

ColinYourAssOut

« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2019, 06:28:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Honestly, I don't really support any -isms, whatever they are.  Call me strange, but the current climate of everyone drawing weird lines in the sand for the way they interpret whether you're friend or foe has me having a modest set of beliefs that don't include caring about much of this sort of thing anymore, I struggle enough just trying to give a shit enough to not throw in the towel on life in general most days and move to a cave off in the woods somewhere (albeit one where I can build myself a nice mini ramp nearby, that'll hold me over).  When I witnessed people I knew taking a personal stand for their chosen -isms and then being told "Yeah, glad you support the cause, but you're not one of us so take a seat in the back and shut up", it kind of ruined the whole dealing with people thing for me in general or rallying behind a cause.

I just figure that I like to be left alone, most people like to be left alone, and figure that's good enough for me.  I take a stand against scumbags like Louis C.K. for being a scumbag, and that's kind of where I leave it.  Everyone else can feel however they wish for whatever reason they wish, more power to 'em.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2019, 07:25:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Honestly, I don't really support any -isms, whatever they are.

Everything has to be labeled nowadays because everyone is so sensitive. "You said skateboarding isn't a real sport, that's gatekeeping!" Stupid shit like that. It's like if you label something you create a group, and if you do something that angers a group you are in the wrong. Nobody knows how to stand on their fucking own.

Fred Savage

« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2019, 08:38:38 PM »
Fucked

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2019, 08:43:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Honestly, I don't really support any -isms, whatever they are.  Call me strange, but the current climate of everyone drawing weird lines in the sand for the way they interpret whether you're friend or foe has me having a modest set of beliefs that don't include caring about much of this sort of thing anymore, I struggle enough just trying to give a shit enough to not throw in the towel on life in general most days and move to a cave off in the woods somewhere (albeit one where I can build myself a nice mini ramp nearby, that'll hold me over).  When I witnessed people I knew taking a personal stand for their chosen -isms and then being told "Yeah, glad you support the cause, but you're not one of us so take a seat in the back and shut up", it kind of ruined the whole dealing with people thing for me in general or rallying behind a cause.

I just figure that I like to be left alone, most people like to be left alone, and figure that's good enough for me.  I take a stand against scumbags like Louis C.K. for being a scumbag, and that's kind of where I leave it.  Everyone else can feel however they wish for whatever reason they wish, more power to 'em.

Sounds like scepticism is your ism
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Surf-goth

« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2019, 10:15:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It was Weinstein who blocked exits. Also he never told them he was gonna make or break their careers. Watch the Sarah Silverman interview.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2019, 10:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Everything has to be labeled nowadays because everyone is so sensitive. "You said skateboarding isn't a real sport, that's gatekeeping!" Stupid shit like that. It's like if you label something you create a group, and if you do something that angers a group you are in the wrong. Nobody knows how to stand on their fucking own.

Well said
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2019, 04:01:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

https://media.giphy.com/media/RACS9OQOjSPoA/giphy.gif
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 06:46:08 AM by Giza Butler »
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2019, 05:19:11 AM »
So many Youtube University graduates in one thread. What a humbling experience just reading your discussion. Please carry on.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2019, 07:35:27 AM »
So many Youtube University graduates in one thread. What a humbling experience just reading your discussion. Please carry on.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD