2 (7.4%)
1-4 sessions
6 (22.2%)
week-2 weeks
10 (37%)
3 weeks and onward
9 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Pressure cracks  (Read 1508 times)

IHOP

Pressure cracks
« on: September 24, 2018, 06:56:06 PM »
Checked for other pressure crack threads and didnt find something specific.

My most recent madness has been pressure cracks, Im a bigger guy and notice pressure cracks within a couple days. 
Is it normal, how much does it affect your board, how quick do you get them, does it drive you insane too, whatever you want pressure crack related.

Discuss

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Pressure cracks
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 07:04:23 PM »
Got rid of my last Northern Co because the pressure cracks were doing my head in

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 07:32:49 PM »
im a small guy and all of about 160 pounds, so i cant say ive ever noticed pressure cracks all that much.

though i doubt they'd bother me as much as some of my other board neurosis
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 02:19:47 AM by Paco Supreme »

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 08:55:27 AM »
Skated some panhead hardware, and I swear, way less pressure cracks. They sit ontop of the deck, rather than dig into it like countersunk hardware. Flip tricks and everything still felt normal. You can also subtlety feel the bolts under your feet, but not in a way that's bothersome.   

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »
Depends on where the board came from. In my personal experience I've noticed BBS and PS boards barely develop pressure cracks at all. Crail boards (the old ones but haven't had a newer one yet) were the worst, a LOT of pressure cracks after a few days. This Scumco (Pennswood) I've been skating for a couple months has developed moderate pressure cracks but nothing crazy. All in all though I don't think they noticeably affect a board's performance, so I try not to get too worked up about them.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 03:32:18 PM »
does it relate to how much you tighten the hardware?

IHOP

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 06:15:13 PM »
Depends on where the board came from. In my personal experience I've noticed BBS and PS boards barely develop pressure cracks at all. Crail boards (the old ones but haven't had a newer one yet) were the worst, a LOT of pressure cracks after a few days. This Scumco (Pennswood) I've been skating for a couple months has developed moderate pressure cracks but nothing crazy. All in all though I don't think they noticeably affect a board's performance, so I try not to get too worked up about them.

I mainly skate bbs and ps, actually dont think ive skated anything else in a few years.

I also dont think they affect the board too much, just gets in my head that the board is a soggy sponge after that.

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 11:23:09 PM »
Pressure cracks don’t mean anything for me. Just happens when you slap them curbs.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 11:34:51 PM »
they don’t really bother me maybe ‘cause I don’t weigh much and I don’t get really serious ones. people used to tell me don’t tighten your hardware too much or you’ll get pressure cracks. but then you have to deal with truck movement at the baseplates and that to me is worse than pressure cracks, which seem mostly like a cosmetic problem. they would probably affect performance only if they were really bad and the board was old but you’d need a new deck then anyway.