Author Topic: Minuit - San Francisco  (Read 1909 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
Minuit - San Francisco
« on: July 10, 2018, 03:52:14 AM »
new edit by Yoan that's been sitting on his hard drive for five years, amongst others. day section then night section à la Hill Street Blues. pretty much none of the guys in this even have the same sponsors anymore which I find kind of cool.

https://youtu.be/xAt1TRKkTLg

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
Re: Minuit - San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 03:55:36 AM »
excellent clip. probably just throw
away footy due to steady shot on
 ;D

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 06:15:35 AM »
ha, I believe Yoan's always done that. I actually remember him explaining to me - nearly ten years ago already - that it's something he got from the Japanese; both go by the logic that the moving vig only adds motion and energy to the image. I can see why some people would find it distracting; frankly, I never even notice it myself until people point it out. the YouTube comments on Yoan's videos have always been pretty funny in that regard: "how does one film so well yet constantly forget about steadyshot?". skateperception era was particularly golden because he'd keep getting that from kids who had just gotten their first VX's and read the basic instructions for it on that site, like they were going to teach him that.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:18:03 AM by silhouette »

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 06:28:08 AM »
into it

coleman and ben gore had some rad stuff

booty

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 06:36:14 AM »
James Coleman murders so sickly

ViewFinder

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 07:22:48 AM »
ha, I believe Yoan's always done that. I actually remember him explaining to me - nearly ten years ago already - that it's something he got from the Japanese; both go by the logic that the moving vig only adds motion and energy to the image. I can see why some people would find it distracting; frankly, I never even notice it myself until people point it out. the YouTube comments on Yoan's videos have always been pretty funny in that regard: "how does one film so well yet constantly forget about steadyshot?". skateperception era was particularly golden because he'd keep getting that from kids who had just gotten their first VX's and read the basic instructions for it on that site, like they were going to teach him that.

It also steadies the fisheye shot as well. If you're filming aggressively it can really smooth things out. Super useful at night where the vig isn't very noticeable

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 08:54:24 AM »
ill clip

the caballerial powerslide and backside powerslide shove it through the street gap , on point.

proper filming, editing, soundtrack, plus sf = 5 outta 5

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 02:17:43 AM »
I have no idea whether this is supposed to be public or private (hesitating because no media outlet has published it yet, and Yoan hasn't announced it), but there's a Minuit - Paris edit on Yoan's channel now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE2_kcqpHcw

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 07:07:19 AM »
He used World Reknown for the edit. That group was a 90's blip on the radar. Props!