Author Topic: Quasi "Mother" video NYC premiere  (Read 36951 times)

snowman600

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
Re: Quasi "Mother" video NYC premiere
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2018, 08:14:47 AM »
Expand Quote
What song does Justin Henry skate to?
[close]
Godstar by Psychic TV
Expand Quote
What KB song does Josh Wilson use?
[close]
"Moving"
what was gilby's song? I really dug it.

ungzilla

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2018, 08:33:06 AM »
American by Alan Vega & Revolutionary Corps of Teenage Jesus

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2018, 08:38:50 AM »
Rizzo killed
Bledsoe killed
Gilbert killed with the most obserd cuffs every seen.
This is how "absurd" should've been spelled from the beginning. Whoever invented English fucked that one up.

Also, those cuffs are aggressive for skateboarding, but are fairly tame among tru DenimHeads™ like Gilby

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2018, 08:52:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Rizzo killed
Bledsoe killed
[close]
This is how "absurd" should've been spelled from the beginning. Whoever invented English fucked that one up.

Also, those cuffs are aggressive for skateboarding, but are fairly tame among tru DenimHeads™ like Gilby

thanks for not calling me an idiot. I have mild dyslexia and reading comprehension problems. Aka Knot 2 smart

ungzilla

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2018, 09:26:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Rizzo killed
Bledsoe killed
[close]

how can this be a look anyone would strive for? what the hell world, i'll never understand.

CHOW

• ice like winnipeg
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2018, 10:40:39 AM »
thanks for not calling me an idiot. I have mild dyslexia and reading comprehension problems. Aka Knot 2 smart
Of course. Calling out posters for spelling mistakes in the year of our lord 2018 is wack.

how can this be a look anyone would strive for? what the hell world, i'll never understand.
My guess is that they're trying to show off the selvedge ID, but I don't get it either. I wear selvedge jeans from time to time, but you'd never catch me doing obnoxious shit like this.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 881
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2018, 10:49:50 AM »
I'd rather wear my jeans cuffed like that than any tri-color or bright color camo pants, and I admittedly have a pair of camo pants.

I feel like this thread is highly lacking video details. Part Order? Two song parts? Shared parts? Etc.

CHOW

• ice like winnipeg
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2018, 11:03:36 AM »
I'd rather wear my jeans cuffed like that than any tri-color or bright color camo pants, and I admittedly have a pair of camo pants.

I feel like this thread is highly lacking video details. Part Order? Two song parts? Shared parts? Etc.
There's nothing wrong with normal camo pants and I'll go to my grave defending that, but the Stephen Lawyer joints are too far.

The order went something like this: Justin Henry, a minute of Tyler Bledsoe, Josh Wilson, Jake/Al shared part, Dick Rizzo (2 songs), Gilby (I think it was 2 songs but I lost track because the whole thing was fucked). It's like 25 minutes total with the credits.

euro tm

« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2018, 11:22:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What song does Justin Henry skate to?
[close]
Godstar by Psychic TV
Expand Quote
What KB song does Josh Wilson use?
[close]
"Moving"
[close]
what was gilby's song? I really dug it.

really interested to see how they pulled off that kate song

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2018, 11:53:42 AM »
so hyped to watch this

any keegan mccutchen footy?
:) I must have been tripping last night

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2018, 01:54:37 PM »
So Drake Johnson aka @nappyfriedchicken doesn't have a part?

I haven't heard anyone mention him and his name isn't on the back of the VHS packaging. Was really looking forward to his footage.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:02:45 PM by smokecrack »

ungzilla

« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2018, 01:55:57 PM »
He's not in it, Keegan isn't in it, Dane isn't in it

oh yea and that drysen kid isn't either
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:16:04 PM by ungzilla »

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2018, 02:26:05 PM »
At least in regards to Dane, I was told that Chad just wanted the video to focus on the guys who had been filming it from the outset. Don’t know why any of the others wouldn’t be involved if they are on the team, but that’s supposedly why Dane isn’t in there.

Seems like Drake has been involved for about as long as Justin Henry so I would’ve thought he’d have footage in there too.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2018, 02:29:48 PM »
So Drake Johnson aka @nappyfriedchicken doesn't have a part?

I haven't heard anyone mention him and his name isn't on the back of the VHS packaging. Was really looking forward to his footage.

That sucks if he isn't. He gets a lot of representation here in the Bay Area. I almost think he should be on Max Allure than Quasi.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Yu Dum

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »
The whole video was so good.
Justin Henry and Josh Wilson had the best parts, IMO. The rest killed it in their own right, but didn’t give me the feeling that those two parts did.

I hope I can purchase this somehow. I need a physical copy. Not some shitty digital download.

virginsiloveem

• Rep: -11
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »
Going to try to give as vague overview as I can without spoilers.

Intro was very sick, acapela choir boy song that’s a cover of a mainstream 90s song but it’s escaping me. Built the right amount of hype.

Justin Henry’s part is sick. Good introduction to him as an established AM I guess you could put it. Does some crazy stuff in well known spots, or hard to skate iconic spots. Rewatch value is there.

People are gonna talk shit on Bledsoe’s part, but I’m a Bledsoe fan so I appreciated his solid 1:30 part, such sick trick/spot selection. Cool seeing him pretty much only skate Portland spots.

Josh Wilson has really come into his style recently IMO. Always liked his stuff, but this is HIS part. Crazy bump bar maneuvers, spot selection, pop, lot of unexpected tricks in there. I’ve been to his ender, and I can’t believe he did that to be honest, didn’t think anything more than a ollie, 180 or kickflip was possible. Kate Bush song goes too.

Honestly if they didn’t change the ratio on the HD footage for Al and JJ you kinda wouldn’t have noticed that it’s a bit dated, but some jaw dropping shit from JJ, can’t believe he was sitting on some of those. Al’s vx stuff is super good too. I know he had a knee injury that took him out, but I’m gonna be honest and say I don’t think we’ll ever get a full AL part ever again. Nice raw interlude though.

Dick fucking Rizzo. This dude can make every trick look so fucking, cool, hard, and somehow easy for him all at the same time. He has two songs and goes the fuck in. His part is one of the standouts I think. Does some insane shit in NY to be expected but god damn. Dudes got it.

Gilby. The pants are perfect. The mannys are insane. The rails. Dude. He has a hefty amount of footage and the curtains. He has the best part and I think the best song. He’s lowkey an ATV. Love the amount of Richmond footage, and the amount of nyc footage he has when he was living there for a summer.

Overall there is no real vibe to the video, b roll is random vhs clips kinda like their original promo, random color blocking on some b roll clips similar to that plain color block with white box board they did which I guess makes sense. In a way it’s random but that’s kinda what Quasi is and literally what their name means so maybe it all does make sense and I’m thinking too deep into it.

Can’t wait to rewatch. I have a feeling this will be their only full length though.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2018, 03:52:29 PM »
At least in regards to Dane, I was told that Chad just wanted the video to focus on the guys who had been filming it from the outset.

Lol, this is exactly what happened with the Lakai video. Guess we can expect a third Lotties part from Dane pretty soon...

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2018, 04:48:59 PM »
I hope they end up doing a short promo or something for all the other ams. I was really looking forward to more Dane footy.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2018, 05:50:02 PM »
Saw Gilbert's part today at my local shop. Loved it. So stoked he skated to Alan Vega. Wasn't sure on the song (whether it was Suicide or Alan Vega solo stuff), but knew right away it was one or the other. In my mind, he chose this. But I loved the tricks and while I would never attempt to imitate his clothing style, I LOVE IT. Gilbert once again nails it. Well done boys.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2018, 06:12:32 PM »

c'mon i know one yalls got it....

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2018, 06:20:01 PM »
RIZZO

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2018, 06:58:22 PM »
damn after reading all of these. Can't wait to see this video. Really hope their is an option to buy a physical copy.

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2018, 07:20:06 PM »
no one got a board? for a company who runs shit right, they sure blew that.

i thought for sure rizzo or wilson would have, they were flow pretty much from the get-go right?

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2018, 07:21:24 PM »
Going to try to give as vague overview as I can without spoilers.

Intro was very sick, acapela choir boy song that’s a cover of a mainstream 90s song but it’s escaping me. Built the right amount of hype.

Justin Henry’s part is sick. Good introduction to him as an established AM I guess you could put it. Does some crazy stuff in well known spots, or hard to skate iconic spots. Rewatch value is there.

People are gonna talk shit on Bledsoe’s part, but I’m a Bledsoe fan so I appreciated his solid 1:30 part, such sick trick/spot selection. Cool seeing him pretty much only skate Portland spots.

Josh Wilson has really come into his style recently IMO. Always liked his stuff, but this is HIS part. Crazy bump bar maneuvers, spot selection, pop, lot of unexpected tricks in there. I’ve been to his ender, and I can’t believe he did that to be honest, didn’t think anything more than a ollie, 180 or kickflip was possible. Kate Bush song goes too.

Honestly if they didn’t change the ratio on the HD footage for Al and JJ you kinda wouldn’t have noticed that it’s a bit dated, but some jaw dropping shit from JJ, can’t believe he was sitting on some of those. Al’s vx stuff is super good too. I know he had a knee injury that took him out, but I’m gonna be honest and say I don’t think we’ll ever get a full AL part ever again. Nice raw interlude though.

Dick fucking Rizzo. This dude can make every trick look so fucking, cool, hard, and somehow easy for him all at the same time. He has two songs and goes the fuck in. His part is one of the standouts I think. Does some insane shit in NY to be expected but god damn. Dudes got it.

Gilby. The pants are perfect. The mannys are insane. The rails. Dude. He has a hefty amount of footage and the curtains. He has the best part and I think the best song. He’s lowkey an ATV. Love the amount of Richmond footage, and the amount of nyc footage he has when he was living there for a summer.

Overall there is no real vibe to the video, b roll is random vhs clips kinda like their original promo, random color blocking on some b roll clips similar to that plain color block with white box board they did which I guess makes sense. In a way it’s random but that’s kinda what Quasi is and literally what their name means so maybe it all does make sense and I’m thinking too deep into it.

Can’t wait to rewatch. I have a feeling this will be their only full length though.

What is Wilson's ender?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2018, 07:25:42 PM »
This video rules, the vibe/aesthetic works so good with how it's put together. Rizzo rips and Gilbert put it down. Still want a physical copy.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2018, 09:09:29 PM »
I've been a jake Johnson fan since midfield and always had high hopes for him but this video made me realize gilbert Crockett is where it's at.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2018, 09:25:15 PM »
What is Wilson's ender?
Varial flip a bump to bar.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2018, 09:32:44 PM »
I fuck w salsa and guac heavy btw but if I have to choose I gotta go guac.

Salsa for home snackin, guac at restaurants.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2018, 09:47:07 PM »
if you don't enjoy this video, end it

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2018, 10:14:21 PM »
o wow