Author Topic: Quasi "Mother" video NYC premiere  (Read 36844 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Quasi "Mother" video NYC premiere
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2018, 08:07:02 PM »
It be sick if if Jakes part starts with his ender from the cons video and continues from there finishing the “Hail! The white grain” song on his own.

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 08:13:06 PM »
First and foremost, if anyone in the 9:00 showing was airdropped a photo of a parrot with an uncircumcised cock, I'm not sorry.

Down to brass tacks: the video is great. Starts with a proper introduction, something I miss seeing.

Justin Henry has first part, can't remember much in terms of specifics beyond a wallie over a gap to a noseblunt on a down ledge but he's super well-rounded with a solid style and a great trick selection. I imagine a lot of people who were whining about how he "wasn't good enough" for Quasi and Vans will be changing their tunes, and quick.

Tyler Bledsoe has a mini-part of sorts, maybe a minute and a half of footage? His back tail, backside 360 kickflip got some cheers. This isn't a diss but for who he is and his role on the team, it's fitting.

Josh Wilson skates super fast and does wild shit over bump-to-bars (including a varial flip) and skates a bunch of NYC spots that you wouldn't recognize as spots when you pass them. Set to Kate Bush. Possibly my favorite part.

There's a brief interlude with mixed format Jake Johnson and Al Davis footage that's really well done for what it is. Lots of Jake's footage is Gravis footage and ads you'd forgotten about (there's a Dylan cameo) and they both have some recent tricks to keep you sated. Al switch back 180s over that bar in San Francisco that Austyn frontside flipped, and Jake nollie 180 switch backside 50-50s that white hubba in Tokyo.

Dick Rizzo does all the crazy ride-on grind and wallie variations you've come to expect from him (backside half cab to frontside wallride down Bellsouth), plus some more random tech shit. One of his bangers was a backside nosegrind, backside 180 into Grant's Tomb. Skates to Portishead.

Gilbert Crockett closes it out with some big pants and bigger pipe. Lots of Richmond spots, you can tell he was really in his element for this one. I recall him ending a line with a kickflip back smith on a super tall ledge and some crazy ollies over fences, as well as those manuals he was so juiced on in his last part. Jon Rowe and Ty Beall have guest tricks.

Honestly, I think this might be one of my personal favorite videos to come out in years. It checks all the boxes for me: tons of America footage, plenty of weird noise music, great visuals (think AWS inspired, but not a bite), and, of course, great skating. You can tell everyone took this one really seriously. Good work, Quasi.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2018, 08:23:52 PM »
First and foremost all parrot cocks are uncircumcised show me one circumcised parrot cock

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2018, 08:24:04 PM »
Please

Pigeon

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2018, 08:29:40 PM »
Post that picture.

ungzilla

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2018, 08:35:41 PM »
Post a cloaca fuccbird

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2018, 08:44:42 PM »
So excited for the Houston premiere!
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Pigeon

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2018, 08:47:59 PM »

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2018, 08:48:58 PM »
justin herny had a frontside wallie to frontside wallride too that was really sick

josh wilson has a good hardflip

felt like there was more JJ footy than in purple, but maybe just because it's a shared part

rizzo's nosegrind bs 180 was crazy, they showed him eating shit on a few attempts where a car was parked at the bottom

euro tm

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2018, 10:37:09 PM »
no one got a board? for a company who runs shit right, they sure blew that.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2018, 10:40:15 PM »

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2018, 11:00:24 PM »
Wish I lived in NYC. Legendary night for sure

ungzilla

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2018, 11:13:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Post a cloaca fuccbird
[close]

that's not your cloaca, you're a pigeon and this is a fucking nuthatch or something

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2018, 11:22:42 PM »
Couldn't be more stoked for this video to come out

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2018, 12:03:07 AM »
Headed to the Chicago premiere on Friday can't wait

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2018, 12:38:55 AM »
anybody know of any LA premieres ? havent seen any and id rather see it with a crowd for maximum effect

Syhr

• Rep: 11
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2018, 12:49:34 AM »
Hyped we get a full Gilby part. There was talk of him not having too much footage due to injuries, glad it's not the case  8)

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2018, 01:17:55 AM »
hyped to hear gilbert has lots of stuff and even though its shared, it sounds like theres an ok amount of jake johnson footage. excited for toronto premiere on thursday. its cool theyre seemingly doing a lot of premieres

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2018, 02:25:31 AM »
super horny

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2018, 02:45:24 AM »
Was at the premiere last night as well. Sat behind Alex Olson which was cool but he had this stupid beanie on that had one of those balls on top of it so I didn't see much of the video due to serious blockage. What i did see was bonkers. Justin Henry crooked grind transfers that downhill rail Muska boardslides in fulfill the dream. Crocket killed it. Pants were more bigger than previous parts. He might be on JNCO nowadays. Dick Rizzo has the best name in skating. Josh Wilson hardflips over a bar of a bump that will make your head explode. Jake does a switch wallride down a crazy double set that makes no sense. 10 out of 10. Queff out

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2018, 04:40:02 AM »
Will be going to my loc premi.

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2018, 04:51:38 AM »
If any Jersey heads missed the NYC premiere, there are 2 shop premieres on Thursday: Travel at 7 and NJ Hoboken at 8:30.

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2018, 07:50:38 AM »
Any word on when this comes out on vhs?  Also sorry Alex Olson's beanie blocked your view ChiefSQueff.
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2018, 07:54:50 AM »
So as far as Gilbert's pants game goes...are we talking Biebel Fully Flared or even crazier?

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2018, 08:38:39 AM »
Any word on when this comes out on vhs?  Also sorry Alex Olson's beanie blocked your view ChiefSQueff.
How was AO wearing a beanie. It was 90 degrees out in the middle of summer.

Also went to the premiere, everything Jake Johnson does on a skateboard is incredible. Al Davis let me down by only having a few clips. The interlude is mostly Jake. Everyone else delivered.

Weallshineon

• Rep: -5
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2018, 09:17:12 AM »

I wrote the quasi ig a message asking about an out of stock item and they helped me out.  I also asked about any physical copies of the video and they said no dvds and the vhs are limited and not for sale.  Probably for the homies
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:23:21 AM by Weallshineon »

ChiefSQueff

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2018, 09:20:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also went to the premiere, everything Jake Johnson does on a skateboard is incredible. Al Davis let me down by only having a few clips. The interlude is mostly Jake. Everyone else delivered.

He had on a quasi beanie believe. After I ripped it of his stupid fucking dome I tried to look at the label but at that point I was fighting Alex. He tried to stick his finger in my butt for some reason. I guess that's how they do it in the 917.

Queff don't like nothing in his butt. Exit only for the poop cutter

feedmeseymour

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2018, 09:25:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He had on a quasi beanie believe. After I ripped it of his stupid fucking dome I tried to look at the label but at that point I was fighting Alex. He tried to stick his finger in my butt for some reason. I guess that's how they do it in the 917.

let me direct you to a place that is more your speed
http://www.dlxsf.com/dlxsfmb/list.php?1

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2018, 01:17:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wrote the quasi ig a message asking about an out of stock item and they helped me out.  I also asked about any physical copies of the video and they said no dvds and the vhs are limited and not for sale.  Probably for the homies

damn I hope this isn't true. Was really hoping that these vhs would be sold

ChiefSQueff

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

let me direct you to a place that is more your speed
http://www.dlxsf.com/dlxsfmb/list.php?1

Queff is banned from that board. Im all Slap now baby