Author Topic: Skate Shit You've Thought Recently..."Who's Bought this Shit?"  (Read 31645 times)

cloudy

i've been enjoying looking through some of the stuff you guys have picked up in the "skate shit you've bought recently" thread. i was thinking this thread could be a play on that.

just the other day, a huge shipment of toy machine socks to my local skate shop had me thinking of other skate-related shit you see pop up and think to yourself "who's actually buying this stuff?" at the end of the day, i guess we all need socks, and they do seem to be of pretty good quality, but i've never actually seen anybody wearing some of those turtle boy joints. somebody must be buying this stuff?

post some of the crazy skate-related shit you've seen recently! (or from in the past. i imagine there's some pretty kooky 80's things out there.) and if you've actually bought any of this stuff, i'm legitimately curious as to why. is the stuff actually that good? are you just a huge skate hoarder? do you like backing skate companies no matter what the product is?

a few things that recently came to mind:

chocolate alarm clock (and, seriously, countless other items on the crailstore's accessories page. i'm down for a coffee cup or something, but some of this other stuff has me thinking ??? - https://crailstore.com/collections/everything/#filter:type=accessories):

santa cruz men's lunchbox (no girls allowed?):

creature unisex (that's more like it! LOL, what the hell is NHS doing?!) flashlight radio (*inside the NHS fun factory: "damn, this radio came out way too gnarly for the dudes on santa cruz. what are we gonna do?" "i know, let's slap the creature logo on it!"):

shake junt lint roller (is this some kind of stoner joke that i'm not getting?):

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:13:25 AM by cloudy »

HangtenNoseblunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -189
Re: Skate Shit You've Thought Recently..."Who's Bought this Shit?"
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 10:59:13 AM »
$35 joint rolling trays
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 11:35:03 AM »

can be yours for a crisp $55k

cloudy

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 11:55:52 AM »

goddamn! you could get like a dozen bally "radical!" pinball machines with that kind of cash! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bally-radical

(is it just me, or does that dude look like mike sinclair in a wig?)

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 01:15:40 PM »
Is that Shake Junt lint roller real? Shake is is like the lint on the skateboarding industry.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 01:29:09 PM »

just the other day, a huge shipment of toy machine socks to my local skate shop had me thinking of other skate-related shit you see pop up and think to yourself "who's actually buying this stuff?" at the end of the day, i guess we all need socks, and they do seem to be of pretty good quality, but i've never actually seen anybody wearing some of those turtle boy joints. somebody must be buying this stuff?

Guilty
More often than not, lately, I've been walking out of the shop with a pair of them. Even if I'm not going to the shop for myself, just cruising along because a homie needs something, I can't seem to help myself. I justify it because I like supporting the shop and giving them my money and they are good socks, thick and soft for skating. At this point though, I have almost every color, so I might have to start buying wax or something.

WantSomeSlaw

• Rep: -26
  • bohica
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 02:22:11 PM »
Graphic socks go hard bro
Shit could be worse

cloudy

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 02:32:30 PM »

hell yeah brah

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 02:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Guilty
More often than not, lately, I've been walking out of the shop with a pair of them. Even if I'm not going to the shop for myself, just cruising along because a homie needs something, I can't seem to help myself. I justify it because I like supporting the shop and giving them my money and they are good socks, thick and soft for skating. At this point though, I have almost every color, so I might have to start buying wax or something.

I have to buy most of my shit online due to living in a town with no good shops. I got a pair of Toy Machine socks from a skate shop up north to get free shipping (over 100€). They were 50% off so in the end about the same as the shipping costs would have been. And they're great fucking socks. I've been trying to look for them on sale ever since then cuz I don't feel like paying 15€ for a pair of socks no matter how great they are. Also they are not widely available at all in Europe it seems, just like most Toy Machine stuff I'd buy. Get it together Ed!  >:(

Pigeon

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 03:20:44 PM »
I used to buy Toy Machine socks until HUF started making socks. Also, I’m guilty of buying that alarm clock when I bought Pretty Sweet and a Vincent Alvarez board. I was just stoked on Crailtap at the time, and felt that I had too many shirts. So, I bought a fucking, alarm clock instead...it broke when it fell off my bookshelf, when the alarm went off.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 04:02:23 PM »

Ishod posted a supreme branded breathalyzer the other day. Which is when I realized his house is the building I park in front of and wished I got invited to the pool party.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 04:44:44 PM »
Any skate related stuff besides hardware and shoes.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 05:51:29 PM »

yup, I'm waiting on the primitive DBZ socks to go on clearance somewhere... and also Crailtap has a chocolate wall clock I think will look good in my

I did wonder who was buying these

The rick and morty clocks are sold out

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 05:54:48 PM »
Skate wax
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 08:25:11 AM »
any of this nonsense.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 08:40:03 AM »
There's this illustrator in my office who is a weird anime guy. I showed him the dragon ball z stuff when it first was announced and he bought everything he could. He found the world of skateboard collectors all on his own and he's never skated or gone outside in his life.

cloudy

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 08:59:49 AM »
There's this illustrator in my office who is a weird anime guy. I showed him the dragon ball z stuff when it first was announced and he bought everything he could. He found the world of skateboard collectors all on his own and he's never skated or gone outside in his life.

that's pretty funny. yeah, i kinda get the impression that a lot of this skate-adjacent merchandise is being appropriated by the comic book crowd (see below). hey, good for p-rod and ed though! (i also feel like that crowd might overlap with the cat owning crowd, and if so, may i interest anyone in a shake junt lint roller?)

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 09:23:07 AM »
any of this nonsense.

i almost bought this

HangtenNoseblunt

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 09:55:53 AM »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 10:26:49 AM »

Niche market but my girls love the MLP line; tho my oldest is rocking a Stranger Things 8.0 deck.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 12:03:23 PM »

These were pretty bad.

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »
Anything Pizza. How have so many Mike V/Markovich companies failed, and this is still a thing?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 07:30:48 PM »
Anything Pizza. How have so many Mike V/Markovich companies failed, and this is still a thing?
Pizza is life bruh

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

cloudy

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 05:28:58 AM »
i guess i can see the appeal of buying blank ccs decks ($$), but who's buying the ccs decks with graphics? especially these new ones they're promoting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfuvcWfvB_8

HangtenNoseblunt

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2018, 07:10:21 AM »
lmao those are rad

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2018, 07:21:21 AM »

A friend of mine, that doesn't/never skated but is a comic book artist. He bought all the primitive transformers decks.

Toy machine socks look like the stuff we'd sale to independent toy/gift stores that were against sailing super hero & cartoon stuff.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:24:10 AM by TwisT »

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2018, 07:42:24 AM »
I went into new store in Sydney city today
That seems to take pride in selling supreme stuff they had shovels dice stamps phone chargers
Does supreme count though

I went and bolts ion the weekend I bought the torey pudwell were a dollar more
I bought them they came in a pretty useless weed grinder .. gimmick but it’s a dollar

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2018, 09:27:00 AM »
guy in my office and I both are charles bradley fans and he knows I skate so he showed me the quartet collab they did in memory of charles bradley

I was ready to buy one to skate when i noticed the 8.5" sold out. he bought the 8.1" as a wall hanger (he's never stepped on a board in his life) and couldn't understand why I wouldn't just buy the 8.1" instead since they were "only like a half inch difference"

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 09:53:02 AM »
guy in my office and I both are charles bradley fans and he knows I skate so he showed me the quartet collab they did in memory of charles bradley

I was ready to buy one to skate when i noticed the 8.5" sold out. he bought the 8.1" as a wall hanger (he's never stepped on a board in his life) and couldn't understand why I wouldn't just buy the 8.1" instead since they were "only like a half inch difference"

tell him if he buys an 8.5 he'll gain 2 inches
even the steven

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2018, 10:40:25 AM »
Remember when HUF made this flesh light thing.