Author Topic: Dan Wolfe Chromeball  (Read 4376 times)

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305

Randozzi

Re: Dan Wolfe Chromeball
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 09:24:07 PM »
Another great one by Chops. Nice to read about his thoughts on Nothing But the Truth. I heard that there was supposed to be a skate only edit on the DVD? Wonder if there was any truth to that rumor.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 10:15:29 PM »
This was great one. Would love to see a 9 club with Dan Wolfe. Wish they talked about the iPath Summer 2005 Promo, I thought he worked on that. A skate only nothing but the truth would have been awesome or at least a cool feature for the DVD, but I have still have it and unfortunately there isn't a skate only edit on the DVD.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 11:01:04 PM »
Great interview, with many highlights.

Personally, I loved the Static shoutout at the end (along with GX1000 and Sabotage). I've always felt Static was the spiritual successor to Static. Now, it is also amazing to see the Sabotage guys, and Colin Reed take it from there.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 12:43:08 AM »
Great interview

Only complaint was the  lack of IPath Summer Preview talk.

That video was one of the best of its time period. 

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 02:09:04 AM »
Any reasonably good reason to talk about Matt Reason is a good reason.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 02:12:16 AM by BobbyPshew »
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 02:29:26 AM »
great interview again chops, go read it

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 03:35:20 AM »

Personally, I loved the Static shoutout at the end (along with GX1000 and Sabotage). I've always felt Static was the spiritual successor to Static. Now, it is also amazing to see the Sabotage guys, and Colin Reed take it from there.

Is that like how Zion hangs out with Zion?

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 05:32:42 AM »
Are you a plug?

Here Come The Lame Jets

chops

• Rep: 107
    • the chrome ball incident avatar image
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 06:19:36 AM »
Hello Slap,

After a few people have brought it up to me not only on here but directly, I did go back and include a few previously cut paragraphs about the iPath 2005 promo in the interview. As Dan admittedly didn't film very much for it (mostly just holding down editing duties) it felt a bit like an outlier to me for the purpose of this thing... but I realize that the Promo does indeed have its fans so I went back and included a little more about it.

Gracias,
Chops

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 07:31:36 AM »
Hello Slap,

After a few people have brought it up to me not only on here but directly, I did go back and include a few previously cut paragraphs about the iPath 2005 promo in the interview. As Dan admittedly didn't film very much for it (mostly just holding down editing duties) it felt a bit like an outlier to me for the purpose of this thing... but I realize that the Promo does indeed have its fans so I went back and included a little more about it.

Gracias,
Chops

God bless you, Chops.

emchen

• Rep: 20
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 08:09:33 AM »
This interview was absolutely riveting for me lol. I wonder if Dan ever played pool with Ricky...

Super excited about the unreleased tapes. Crossing my fingers for more Nate Jones footy.

Does anyone know if there is/has been any Busenitz-GX1000 connection at all?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:12:33 AM by emchen »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 09:14:40 AM »
So psyched on seeing that this was up. As a kid growing up skating on the East Coast (CT, with constant trips to NYC, Philly, and DC) it is impossible to overstate the importance of Eastern Exposure 2 and the Sub Zero Real Life video. I could listen to endless talk about the characters, places, and anecdotes of that time and place.

So, Dan Wolfe is a pool shark now?
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 09:15:56 AM »
So psyched on seeing that this was up. As a kid growing up skating on the East Coast (CT, with constant trips to NYC, Philly, and DC) it is impossible to overstate the importance of Eastern Exposure 2 and the Sub Zero Real Life video. I could listen to endless talk about the characters, places, and anecdotes of that time and place.

So, Dan Wolfe is a pool shark wolf now?

shark tits

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 09:26:37 AM »
Expand Quote

So, Dan Wolfe is a pool shark wolf now?
[close]
half wolf half shark

Carl P

• Rep: -20
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 10:08:50 AM »
This was great one. Would love to see a 9 club with Dan Wolfe. Wish they talked about the iPath Summer 2005 Promo, I thought he worked on that. A skate only nothing but the truth would have been awesome or at least a cool feature for the DVD, but I have still have it and unfortunately there isn't a skate only edit on the DVD.

They did mention his time at ipath:

"How difficult was the iPath promo to pull off?

Honestly, that one wasn’t difficult to pull off at all. I had a good time making that one. I liked working with those guys.

Just asking because I can see those guys not exactly being the most productive crew. Or were they?

Well, to be honest, I didn’t film a ton for that video. A lot of that was just everyone contributing footage on their own, which probably helped a lot. We put word out that we were going to do this thing and everybody broke out to handle their thing. Mike Fox focused Jack Sabback, because they were close and Jack was ready to put out a part anyway. I honestly had a personal interest in wanting to show Matt Rodriguez in the right light because I always thought of him as one of the best skaters ever. For whatever reason, there’s a lot of people who wouldn’t get behind him because of marketing bullshit... “Oh, he’s older,” or “Oh, dreads don’t sell anymore.”

Are you kidding me? The dude is a zen master of the skateboard! Anybody that’s been skating long enough realizes how good he is. It’s a shame when people like him have to struggle or get overlooked because skateboarding is an industry.

So Matt was my focus for that project, for sure. Mike had Jack. Everybody else just kinda fell in the mix. Whatever we got is what we got. But I feel like it worked out."

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 10:23:18 AM »
That sucks he's not really working any more. I liked a lot of his Adidas edits that he made. Hopefully he'll come back one day.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

billyerlife

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 11:16:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They did mention his time at ipath:

"How difficult was the iPath promo to pull off?

Honestly, that one wasn’t difficult to pull off at all. I had a good time making that one. I liked working with those guys.

Just asking because I can see those guys not exactly being the most productive crew. Or were they?

Well, to be honest, I didn’t film a ton for that video. A lot of that was just everyone contributing footage on their own, which probably helped a lot. We put word out that we were going to do this thing and everybody broke out to handle their thing. Mike Fox focused Jack Sabback, because they were close and Jack was ready to put out a part anyway. I honestly had a personal interest in wanting to show Matt Rodriguez in the right light because I always thought of him as one of the best skaters ever. For whatever reason, there’s a lot of people who wouldn’t get behind him because of marketing bullshit... “Oh, he’s older,” or “Oh, dreads don’t sell anymore.”

Are you kidding me? The dude is a zen master of the skateboard! Anybody that’s been skating long enough realizes how good he is. It’s a shame when people like him have to struggle or get overlooked because skateboarding is an industry.

So Matt was my focus for that project, for sure. Mike had Jack. Everybody else just kinda fell in the mix. Whatever we got is what we got. But I feel like it worked out."

Chops mentioned he added it back in after posting the interview, still though, thanks for posting it so I didn't have to go back and find it.

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 11:36:03 AM »

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »
Cool interview. Never heard of this guy. I gotta check out rick oyola part in eastern 3. I heard he does some good moves and olliea in it. Is this guy still making movies with skaters now days or do he work real job

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is that like how Zion hangs out with Zion?
Haha, fuck, meant to say to Static was the spiritual successor to Eastern Exposure.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 05:58:21 PM »
Any reasonably good reason to talk about Matt Reason is a good reason.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 06:00:30 PM »
kinda neat how matt reason, kt the god and the other guy moved out together. kt always seemed a little ahead, almost like a west coast skater on good obstacles.
too bad he wasn't illuminati and all that though granted, he was like hammers, single trick vs ricky o's video treatise on street skating.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 07:50:00 PM »
Ate this up!

Was curious about his take on editing but not filming Since Day One...

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 09:07:24 AM »

Totally agree. That IPATH promo was so sick

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 10:09:04 AM »
excellent work as usual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfSZXQ3YeRk

Man...I stopped skating in 1994 and got into BMX, but I watched this video almost daily to get motivated to go ride.

And with stepping back on the board this year, it has a similar effect on me. Damage Inc.!