Author Topic: Does anyone make a decent high/mid top cupsole anymore?  (Read 13548 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Does anyone make a decent high/mid top cupsole anymore?
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2018, 10:15:15 AM »
Has anybody mentioned the Proper Cinex.? Im trying the shoe out next. Just got the Rook from Proper and feels so good.

Yah, was mentioned earlier in the post - too bad they only make white on white and they're $75

baravettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2018, 12:40:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anybody mentioned the Proper Cinex.? Im trying the shoe out next. Just got the Rook from Proper and feels so good.
[close]

Yah, was mentioned earlier in the post - too bad they only make white on white and they're $75

They come to right around $65 with the SLAPNERD code. If I can get enough people to get some and stop buying Corpco shit I'll do another order with more than just white. Until then, spraypaint away. Also, $75 is pretty reasonable for an all suede mid top with overlays.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2018, 12:52:11 AM »
when are those vegan rooks dropping baravettski?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2018, 12:58:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They come to right around $65 with the SLAPNERD code. If I can get enough people to get some and stop buying Corpco shit I'll do another order with more than just white. Until then, spraypaint away. Also, $75 is pretty reasonable for an all suede mid top with overlays.

How wide are the cinexes compared to dunks and the other proper models? Looking for something stable and on the wider end but would also like it to be mid or high top if possible

baravettski

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2018, 08:47:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

How wide are the cinexes compared to dunks and the other proper models? Looking for something stable and on the wider end but would also like it to be mid or high top if possible

They’re wider than Dunks for sure, I’d say the cinex width is between the conquista and the Rook.

Side note: what helps you guys with online ordering? Free exchange on sizes or something?

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 124
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2018, 11:30:35 AM »
I do not mind 75 at all. Adidas and Nike hightops are way above that price. Hell the fullcab is 80 something. Cts high are 70+. Its fair. Plus the reflective stripes on the back have me sold. Especially if the quality is the same as the rook.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2018, 12:26:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They’re wider than Dunks for sure, I’d say the cinex width is between the conquista and the Rook.

Side note: what helps you guys with online ordering? Free exchange on sizes or something?

You guys are finally in a shop online in Canada, so I've got my finger on the trigger for a pair of Cinex. Only thing I'm a bit uncertain on is the insoles. Is there a photo of them anywhere? Could you possibly give a comparison or even measurement on how thick they are in the heel?

I've recently started wearing custom orthotics, and the added heel volume has caused me to switch to mids, and caused very few shoes to fit properly unless I go with virtually no cushioning (best combination so far is One Star mids, with a thin ~10 year old Supra insole, with the orthotics on top).

Thanks!

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

'

Thanks, out of the conquista and rook, which one is the wider one and which one is the narrower one? Also just to make sure, I wasn't necessarily talking about room in the toe area, but rather the midfoot/heel area. Also would like to know about insole thickness as I am probably going to put some fp insoles in there if I get them.

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 124
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2018, 06:29:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks!

Sorry if too big. They are slim but feel pretty good. The Rooks have more padding on the heel underneath the insoles. Pretty comfortable and I have fat flat feet. Also the heel locks in the shoe really well.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:31:52 PM by Fifty8mm »

baravettski

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2018, 09:04:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
'

Thanks, out of the conquista and rook, which one is the wider one and which one is the narrower one? Also just to make sure, I wasn't necessarily talking about room in the toe area, but rather the midfoot/heel area. Also would like to know about insole thickness as I am probably going to put some fp insoles in there if I get them.

Conquista is a little wider than the Rook in the midfoot, less layers on the upper. The Conquista is also a bit lower at the heel. I made sure we used better PU on the midsole, that's usually one of the first things to go at big companies, they switch to shitty ones. The thicknesses I spec'd on the insole (for a 10.5 which was the sample) is 6mm in the front up to 12mm in back. Hope that helps.

If you got any more questions post up or message me. Thanks everyone.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2018, 12:24:14 PM »
Settling with some eS Accel Mids for the summer since it’s already hitting 100 degrees out here. Feels good to be ina mid cut shoe again but i still wish there were more options out there. The sole is so thin & soft that it hurts if you slam your foot on  the side of your board even with a FP Custom orthotic. The heat even makes the insole super mushy at times which can feel weird. I think one of those Dr scholls athlete insoles with the shank plate may actually work better in these, I’ll have to try it out

Also the fact that there’s no tongue straps for the Mids is super whack. Luckily i get by using a hair tie but still...step that shit up SoleTech

High Hair

• Rep: -34
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2018, 04:45:33 PM »
Settling with some eS Accel Mids for the summer since it’s already hitting 100 degrees out here. Feels good to be ina mid cut shoe again but i still wish there were more options out there. The sole is so thin & soft that it hurts if you slam your foot on  the side of your board even with a FP Custom orthotic. The heat even makes the insole super mushy at times which can feel weird. I think one of those Dr scholls athlete insoles with the shank plate may actually work better in these, I’ll have to try it out

Also the fact that there’s no tongue straps for the Mids is super whack. Luckily i get by using a hair tie but still...step that shit up SoleTech

After skating Emerica cupsoles for months, Es felt mushy and unstructured. They are only a midsole and heel cup off being really good shoes. The materials are fine..

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2018, 06:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

After skating Emerica cupsoles for months, Es felt mushy and unstructured. They are only a midsole and heel cup off being really good shoes. The materials are fine..

I totally agree. I think I saw some advanced version of the accel in one of those recent es catalogs that had a translucent midsole and a strap. Maybe that'll be the upgrade we're looking for? shit I'd take the swift sole on the accel upper at this point

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2018, 07:38:37 PM »
I totally agree. I think I saw some advanced version of the accel in one of those recent es catalogs that had a translucent midsole and a strap. Maybe that'll be the upgrade we're looking for? shit I'd take the swift sole on the accel upper at this point
looks like your prayers have been answered:
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/eS-HO18-catalog/6/

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2018, 07:04:53 PM »
New Balance Numeric coming through with some new Mids at some action sports tradeshow (bottom left)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2018, 06:30:02 AM »
unfortunately... those are lows just with the tongues popped up.  bummer.
hardly art, hardly starving

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2018, 02:38:49 PM »
I don’t think this has been mentioned yet but I’ve had a pair of the adidas superstar vulc, I can’t stand that blue Insole but it’s so thick I replaced it with a footprint kingfoam and an old pair of Supra insoles I had from some sky top 3s (pretty comparable to vans ultracush insoles). With that combo it they’re more supportive than most cups, I did a good bit of jumping in them with no issues.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2018, 06:54:53 AM »
Are kids in your area wearing Jordan 4's and 5's too?