Author Topic: CARPET COMPANY???  (Read 3024 times)

Alex4rmNYC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
  • SHEEEESH
CARPET COMPANY???
« on: July 12, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »
Ok, so I’m not usually one to post. Just your average lurker.

But I’ve been seeing this brand everywhere!

It’s two brothers that make Super cool designs and they screen print everything. My friend ordered a board online and it had his last name printed on the top of the deck. Like what! Also came in this sick ziploc bag. Something more than the usual which was nice.

They don’t have a team it seems. Which would be sick if they did, but it’s also kind of sick that they don’t.

Am I the only one hyped on these guys?
You're not locked in a backtail unless you see the slidemarks go under your wheels

Alex4rmNYC

• SHEEEESH
Re: CARPET COMPANY???
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:28:15 AM »
Just noticed I accidentally had this post locked :/
You're not locked in a backtail unless you see the slidemarks go under your wheels

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 10:29:25 AM »
is carpet those 2 palestinean boys? i'd buy from them.
fuck israel!

Alex4rmNYC

• SHEEEESH
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »
I think they're from Egypt. I could be wrong but they def come from some arab background of some sorts.

ballintoohard

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 01:45:17 PM »
I've yet to see any of their boards actually available for purchase. They totally fit the bad 90's fashion regurgitation trend right now.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 04:04:16 PM »
What they're doing is interesting, but I'm priced out- decks are going for £80. Normally, the max you'll see is £60, though I've seen a few real and antihero boards for £65 lately.

Damn fashion. Damn brexit.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 04:53:03 PM »
The decks are more expensive because they're hand screened by the brothers who run it in their basement while maintaining full time difficult careers one deck at a time.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »
are there any shops that sell them or only from the brothers?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 06:57:24 PM »

Not any mailorder shops that I'm aware of. Maybe some legit shops they are down with and are going to send stuff to. They've gotten a lot more attention between their last run  and the upcoming one so who knows what it'll be like. I imagine much harder to get from them or anyone. They're real dudes who skate and want to make shit, not fashion dinguses trying to be cool, so it'll be interesting to see. I'd like to get some stuff and support The Culture™ but I'm not expecting to be able to.

ballintoohard

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 07:43:35 PM »
Love it that skaters think being project PMs for govt bureaucracies is a stressful job. I used to work for the same agency and it was the biggest joke of a job possible, which is prob why they have time for this.

I liked their first run, but their "streetwear" seems to be just another thing for Hypebeasts to blow up and re-sell.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 08:41:07 PM »
Skaters think doing anything whatsoever is a stressful job.

Alex4rmNYC

• SHEEEESH
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 10:29:41 PM »
Love it that skaters think being project PMs for govt bureaucracies is a stressful job. I used to work for the same agency and it was the biggest joke of a job possible, which is prob why they have time for this.

I liked their first run, but their "streetwear" seems to be just another thing for Hypebeasts to blow up and re-sell.

True, job might be easy but I read in an interview that they work at NASA. So I’m pretty sure they’re smart, and they still have to spend their days at work.

And literally anything these days is considered “street wear” so that’s kind of hard to decipher. Seems like they’re just doing them and hypebeasts are liking it naturally. Doesn’t seem like they’re aiming to that market to me.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 03:03:53 AM »

Supreme

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 03:36:21 AM »
I'd be down to buy one if I could ever actually find one, shit sells out fast...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 05:16:47 AM »
Labor usually carries their stuff

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 07:58:13 AM »
they're my favorite company out right now! got a few of their shirts, one from their site, one from labor and one from Note! it costs a fair bit to ship it to the UK plus shipping plus the UKs import tax or whatever!
try to cop a shirt every season!
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

ballintoohard

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 08:06:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

True, job might be easy but I read in an interview that they work at NASA. So I’m pretty sure they’re smart, and they still have to spend their days at work.

And literally anything these days is considered “street wear” so that’s kind of hard to decipher. Seems like they’re just doing them and hypebeasts are liking it naturally. Doesn’t seem like they’re aiming to that market to me.

You don't have to be that smart to be Project Managers, which is what they are. In Office Space they are Tom Smykowski and Carpet is their "Jump To Conclusions Mat".

I don't think it's really "just doing them".  Back in the mid to late 90's baggy clothes with lettering on the legs and most of their colorways was standard mall streetwear. 

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 12:53:06 PM »
I really love what they do, the last disco lights decks were amazing.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:54:44 PM by alraunen »

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 01:42:06 PM »
Carpet Company is killing it. 

wheee!

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 02:37:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Supreme

Humidity
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower