Author Topic: Business & Company  (Read 108127 times)

feedmeseymour

Re: Business & Company
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2018, 05:52:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Someone commented on his latest B&C Insta post saying he should have never left Crailtap and he responded with something like "Nice private profile tough guy!" was super cringe worthy...He also followed it up saying he was "kicked off" Chocolate. Sure, kicked off for bailing from Lakai to Adidas with no notice after MC asked you to wait for the appropriate time..
[close]

Just watch his fully flared part. Then tell me he shoudlve waited to leave lakai while they werent even paying him. He made that video legendary and they werent paying him towards the end dude. fuck that. You wouldnt leave to addidas if they were offering to pay you money to wear their shoes whilst you dropped a 3 song legendary banger of a part for Lakai helped sell millions of pairs of shoes and he should just stay because hes honored to be there? wtf this dude should spend 0 days not receiving free shit for his contributions to skateboarding.
[close]

I'd be very surprised if Lakai has made a million shoes.
[close]

Count how many independent shops there are in the U.S.A then add chain shops. Then add mall stores. Discount stores online retailers. Now do the same for Canada, South America, Australia, Asia and Europe.

Engage your brain.
[close]

Come on now though, a million? 1,000,000 pairs of shoes. I love Lakai, but a million pairs just sounds silly.

you sound silly.

GershonSweaty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2018, 08:42:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Someone commented on his latest B&C Insta post saying he should have never left Crailtap and he responded with something like "Nice private profile tough guy!" was super cringe worthy...He also followed it up saying he was "kicked off" Chocolate. Sure, kicked off for bailing from Lakai to Adidas with no notice after MC asked you to wait for the appropriate time..
[close]

Just watch his fully flared part. Then tell me he shoudlve waited to leave lakai while they werent even paying him. He made that video legendary and they werent paying him towards the end dude. fuck that. You wouldnt leave to addidas if they were offering to pay you money to wear their shoes whilst you dropped a 3 song legendary banger of a part for Lakai helped sell millions of pairs of shoes and he should just stay because hes honored to be there? wtf this dude should spend 0 days not receiving free shit for his contributions to skateboarding.
[close]

I'd be very surprised if Lakai has made a million shoes.
[close]

Count how many independent shops there are in the U.S.A then add chain shops. Then add mall stores. Discount stores online retailers. Now do the same for Canada, South America, Australia, Asia and Europe.

Engage your brain.
[close]

Come on now though, a million? 1,000,000 pairs of shoes. I love Lakai, but a million pairs just sounds silly.

The Earth’s flat yeah ?

I’m sure Lakai’s a public company you could get their sales reports pretty easily.

How many pairs do you think Nike produce ?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2018, 09:03:25 AM »
There goes my theory of him opening up a upscale Trench coat boutique

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2018, 12:10:30 PM »
Marc Johnson is becoming the new Kris Markovich

If Nate Jones did it

• Rep: 0
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2018, 12:58:02 PM »
I’ve lurked here off and on for a long time. I understand why some people are bummed on MJ, but I’ll always be a fan. I’m pumped he’s starting a company. If he can do what he did for Enjoi it should be pretty rad. Although, I do wish he’d lay off the free mason stuff.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2018, 02:02:18 PM »
should be called Misery & Company

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2018, 02:38:42 PM »
Marc Johnson is becoming the new Kris Markovich

NAIL ON THE FUCKING HEAD MY WIGGA!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2018, 02:52:34 PM »
no it doesn't. lakai probably sold millions of shoes alone by the time fully flared dropped, by then the company was around for about ten years and they were fairly successful until the big corpo shoe takeover that happened right after fully flared dropped and several riders left for vans, cons, etc. they are low key now but from inception to ca 2008 until their shoes got super shitty because they switched factories and all their shoes were trash, it took a few seasons until the quality bounced back up but some would say that that's where the crailtap downfall started, along with sponsoring a little antihero fanclub that would only in name skate for crailtap.

one million pairs is worldwide isn't even that much. the fucking d3 alone sold millions, yet no one gives a fuck about osiris still. mj2s were everywhere back in the day, so were og manchesters and telfords. lakai was also on the forefront of the vulc revival with the select series.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2201
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2018, 03:32:59 PM »
Okay guys if we're gonna really try and figure this out, we need to be all mathematical about this shit! Hurling insults will get us nowhere!

Lakai started in 1999. In order to sell 1,000,000 pairs of shoes they would have had to average 52,631.5789 pairs of shoes per year. (Technically more than that because they weren't operating for the entire calendar year of 1999, but since we don't know what month they hit skate shops let's just count 1999 as an entire year.) 52,631.5789 pairs of shoes on average globally does seem realistic, yes?

However, the original statement in contention is that Marc "helped sell millions of pairs of shoes". So we can't take into account the years that Marc didn't ride for Lakai. Marc joined Lakai when? 2003? So assuming that his very presence on the team in some way helped sell every single shoe Lakai sold from that point forward, 1,000,000 shoes over the course of 13 years when MJ left for Adidas in 2016 would average to 79,923.0769 pairs of shoes sold per year. That number seems a little high to me.

In addition these numbers are based on broad generalizations as to how you define "helped sell".

In summation:

Has Lakai sold one million pairs of shoes? Maybe.

Has Marc Johnson helped Lakai sell one million pairs of shoes? Most probably not.

stranded

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2018, 05:35:30 PM »
Has Marc Johnson helped Lakai sell one million pairs of shoes? Most probably not.
What do you think about his Emerica shoes? I feel as if those were everywhere.

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »
I literally bought 11 pairs of the MJ-2s in a row back in the day. they were basically adidas minus a stripe (same for Leo Romero’s early Emerica shoe)

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2018, 06:14:26 PM »
Okay guys if we're gonna really try and figure this out, we need to be all mathematical about this shit! Hurling insults will get us nowhere!

Lakai started in 1999. In order to sell 1,000,000 pairs of shoes they would have had to average 52,631.5789 pairs of shoes per year. (Technically more than that because they weren't operating for the entire calendar year of 1999, but since we don't know what month they hit skate shops let's just count 1999 as an entire year.) 52,631.5789 pairs of shoes on average globally does seem realistic, yes?

However, the original statement in contention is that Marc "helped sell millions of pairs of shoes". So we can't take into account the years that Marc didn't ride for Lakai. Marc joined Lakai when? 2003? So assuming that his very presence on the team in some way helped sell every single shoe Lakai sold from that point forward, 1,000,000 shoes over the course of 13 years when MJ left for Adidas in 2016 would average to 79,923.0769 pairs of shoes sold per year. That number seems a little high to me.

In addition these numbers are based on broad generalizations as to how you define "helped sell".

In summation:

I just googled how many pairs of Nike’s  are sold a year, and on the inter webs it said 25 per second in 2016. This would equate to 2.16 million pairs per day, and 788.4 million per year. That would mean a million shoes is roughly .13% of what Nike sells yearly, and therefore I find it impossible for Lakai not to have sold a million pairs over 20 damn years roughly.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 06:16:07 PM by cheetahsheets »

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Coolhats

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2018, 06:57:12 PM »
Expand Quote

In summation:

[close]

I just googled how many pairs of Nike’s  are sold a year, and on the inter webs it said 25 per second in 2016. This would equate to 2.16 million pairs per day, and 788.4 million per year. That would mean a million shoes is roughly .13% of what Nike sells yearly, and therefore I find it impossible for Lakai not to have sold a million pairs over 20 damn years roughly.

We’ll consider that a shop probably orders a full size run. So a single shop might buy a few styles, size 7-13 so that’s what, 11 shoes per order? Someone do some maths on that shit. Say each shop orders 4 shoes in a full size run. How many does that take to reach a million?

stranded

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2018, 07:11:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

In summation:

[close]

[close]

We’ll consider that a shop probably orders a full size run. So a single shop might buy a few styles, size 7-13 so that’s what, 11 shoes per order? Someone do some maths on that shit. Say each shop orders 4 shoes in a full size run. How many does that take to reach a million?
about 6000 shops internationally per yearIF each shop averages about 40 pairs per drop. However, there are about 700 Zumiez. Then, you have Tilly’s, West Whateverthefuck in Canada, etc. On top of that, Zappos.com, online shops, and shops with online stores order hundreds and thousands at a time.

This isn’t Filament or Footprint Shoes. Even State sells at least a million pairs per year.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2018, 09:52:03 PM »
Even State sells at least a million pairs per year.

lol
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2018, 07:12:38 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl0ogxdldjm/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=146l7vyzl14z2
Comments are a good read on here, even Koston tells him to stop

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2018, 07:23:19 PM »
wait, is he talking about skateboarding or his relevancy?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2018, 07:59:44 PM »
wait, is he talking about skateboarding or his relevancy?
His relevancy obvs

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Issy

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2018, 09:45:10 PM »
Good luck Marc.

euro tm

« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2018, 11:50:33 PM »
just found out travis erickson (old santa cruz guy) and dave mayhew have a large roll in this as well. i like marc. best of luck to them.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2018, 12:01:45 AM »
social media gave MJ a platform to really expose himself and who he really is off his board which should have been kept behind the curtain. There are a lot of pros that suffer from this social media thing. Koston and Berra and the Nazi immediately come to mind.
Can't believe anyone puts MJ in the same category as Steve Berra and a Nazi.

BullweyHuskey

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2018, 12:53:28 AM »
did this guy really call him silly for believing that they sold a million shoes? are you regular? they sold welll above that. do you know how many people are on planet earth? do you know anything about life? are you 10 years old?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 02:55:08 AM by bullweyhuskey »

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2018, 02:23:58 AM »
MJ will be the only Rider...But he’ll have multiple personality Pro Models, Kinda like the movie Split Etcetera.

It’ll force Anti Hero’s pretend Branch off Brands, Turn into actual real Brands.
Do You even Street Style ???

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2018, 03:56:04 AM »
did this guy really call him silly for believing that they sold a million shoes? are you regular? they sold welll above that. do you know how many people are on planet earth? do you know anything about life? are you 10 years old?

Do you understand life? Do you?!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

BullweyHuskey

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2018, 04:58:43 AM »
no i dont. there a like 1000 skateboarders on planet earth and they all havent bought a pair of lakais once in 20 years

stranded

« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2018, 06:20:32 AM »

really tempted to thank Jason for putting swastikas on clothing and telling Koston that Marc’s company isn’t better than Numbers. I just don’t want to deal with a bunch of kids that are on those pros nuts blowing up my Instagram

Does anyone else think that 10-10 might end up on the 1-8 if Santa Cruz actually kicks him off?

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2018, 07:03:39 AM »
Think he was saying stop about Marc’s comment that core brands steal from their riders. Someone can screen shot that one.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2018, 08:17:43 AM »
How is Marc going to rip off Bukowski's grave?

He should have taken it's advice when it says "Don't try"

feedmeseymour

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2018, 08:35:15 AM »
what is mj really referencing with this post, what the fuck is 1010 talking about, what is staba on "am i allowed to hate white people?"

and after jim t's instagram response to the whole 1010 thing, i highly doubt 1010 will have his name on a dlx board ever.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2018, 10:28:06 AM »
These are the threads that make long days of work pass swiftly.