Author Topic: Business & Company  (Read 108116 times)

Mr. Fink

Re: Business & Company
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
I really wish the best for MJ, but I wish he got picked up by somebody. There’s just so many brands right now. Oh well. If the brand is cool I’ll definitely pick up his board.

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 06:52:05 PM »
I wasn't paying much attention to skateboarding during the first iteration of Enjoi with Marc at the helm, but it seemed like he did ok there for awhile. If Dill can pull it together to run some board brands I think Marc might could too. But I'm also an MJ fanboy, I liked the name Otherness, and his PS part was my favorite in the video- so what do I know?

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 07:40:38 PM »
All you need for a business or company nowadays is like a small 3 man team, maybe 4, it shouldn't be difficult to do. But will it payoff? If the videos are good it probably will.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 07:51:45 PM »
it's gonna be on par with Hammers USA or JK Industries at best. sorry marc.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2018, 08:29:05 PM »
Expand Quote
..dave mayhew and travis erickson?
[close]

cool story marc. is that princess leia with the a-team?

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2018, 09:28:22 PM »
I don’t think this dude has enough relevancy to make a new brand that can thrive in this market, but hopefully he finds his sanity and a solid crew.

The first run of Otherness boards he had Snodgrass do were so sick, but I feel like not enough people really appreciated it.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2018, 09:42:06 PM »
damn as if i wasn't depressed enough as it is. i now find out MJ is starting his own board company. fuck dude I'm really beginning to think raven was on to something when he philosophized the current state of skateboarding.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2018, 11:44:22 PM »
thats about as much as I thought he skated in the last two years....

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 03:05:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Faceman looks more like Carrie Fisher than that woman does.   

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2018, 03:09:45 AM »
Expand Quote
social media gave MJ a platform to really expose himself and who he really is off his board which should have been kept behind the curtain. There are a lot of pros that suffer from this social media thing. Koston and Berra and the Nazi immediately come to mind.
[close]

when a pro you grew up admiring turns out to be a dick on instagram it's like the same feeling as when you find out an old girlfriend you still care for cheated on you with luke from the soccer team.
you kind of guessed it at the time and just tried to ignore it even though it's been in the back of your mind, souring the whole situation for you. now years later you're confronted with it as plain simple fact.

you're a grown man and it shouldn't matter to you anymore but you still can't shake it and move on.

that was kind of beautiful

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2018, 03:55:03 AM »
All you need for a business or company nowadays is like a small 3 man team, maybe 4, it shouldn't be difficult to do. But will it payoff? If the videos are good it probably will.

This is true.  All the money comes from shoe/clothes/energy drink sponsors.  The board company is basically just to define an image. Ishod is the best skater.  Everyone loves him b/c he skates for Real, but has Monster and Nike plastered everwhere. 

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2018, 05:40:03 PM »
"BUSINESS & COMPANY" sounds like the first coffee shop that opens up and gentrifies a neighborhood. Or a 13-year old's idea of a sophisticated and mysterious brand name.

Haha  ;D
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2018, 08:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Should be only Marc. If he could find some ams that would be cool, I wish he would be mentored me when I was 9 and watching his man down part
[close]

Marc would not stand for this!

No not never, you would be mentored me.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2018, 08:31:12 AM »
Or a 13-year old's idea of a sophisticated and mysterious brand name.

CEO Vincent Adultman of Business & Company?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2018, 09:55:20 AM »
Expand Quote
I hope he uses B&C to do a pile of weird micro brands. MJ's ideas don't follow a consistent narrative so having a way to do free-form branding could help get his ideas out while avoiding being stifled by staying within a single brand's design /messaging standards.
[close]

cool idea for MJ. instead of trying to build an focused aesthetic, have very defined "seasons." almost a high fashion house vibe.

Yeah this would be a great idea if someone did it right. To be honest I was kinda hoping that's what Mother/Quasi was gonna do. Just change their name once a year. No way MJ could execute this idea well though. He'd just make twenty shitty companies that all had stupid names and were way less clever than he thought they would be.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2018, 10:05:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's Mr. T

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2018, 11:01:39 AM »
SKATEBOARDING IS NOT A BOX WINE

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2018, 11:34:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hope he uses B&C to do a pile of weird micro brands. MJ's ideas don't follow a consistent narrative so having a way to do free-form branding could help get his ideas out while avoiding being stifled by staying within a single brand's design /messaging standards.
[close]

cool idea for MJ. instead of trying to build an focused aesthetic, have very defined "seasons." almost a high fashion house vibe.
[close]

Yeah this would be a great idea if someone did it right. To be honest I was kinda hoping that's what Mother/Quasi was gonna do. Just change their name once a year. No way MJ could execute this idea well though. He'd just make twenty shitty companies that all had stupid names and were way less clever than he thought they would be.

Isn't this the idea behind Numbers? Not that they're really killing it but I thought that's why they're technically "Numbers Edition."

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2018, 11:38:09 AM »
I thought the idea behind Numbers was that there are no ideas behind Numbers.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »
I thought the idea behind Numbers was that there are no ideas behind Numbers.

I'm getting that vibe too, although I'm not sure it's intentional on their part.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2018, 12:09:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Is Marc trying to get juiced?!?!

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2018, 12:36:21 PM »
Someone commented on his latest B&C Insta post saying he should have never left Crailtap and he responded with something like "Nice private profile tough guy!" was super cringe worthy...He also followed it up saying he was "kicked off" Chocolate. Sure, kicked off for bailing from Lakai to Adidas with no notice after MC asked you to wait for the appropriate time..

conqueso

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2018, 03:41:23 PM »
I think the idea is great.  Can't wait to try the espresso and biscotti.

ShredLaw

• Rep: -3
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2018, 03:49:48 PM »
Someone commented on his latest B&C Insta post saying he should have never left Crailtap and he responded with something like "Nice private profile tough guy!" was super cringe worthy...He also followed it up saying he was "kicked off" Chocolate. Sure, kicked off for bailing from Lakai to Adidas with no notice after MC asked you to wait for the appropriate time..

Just watch his fully flared part. Then tell me he shoudlve waited to leave lakai while they werent even paying him. He made that video legendary and they werent paying him towards the end dude. fuck that. You wouldnt leave to addidas if they were offering to pay you money to wear their shoes whilst you dropped a 3 song legendary banger of a part for Lakai helped sell millions of pairs of shoes and he should just stay because hes honored to be there? wtf this dude should spend 0 days not receiving free shit for his contributions to skateboarding.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2018, 05:16:29 PM »
It sounds like they should make leather scented candles.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2018, 06:26:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just watch his fully flared part. Then tell me he shoudlve waited to leave lakai while they werent even paying him. He made that video legendary and they werent paying him towards the end dude. fuck that. You wouldnt leave to addidas if they were offering to pay you money to wear their shoes whilst you dropped a 3 song legendary banger of a part for Lakai helped sell millions of pairs of shoes and he should just stay because hes honored to be there? wtf this dude should spend 0 days not receiving free shit for his contributions to skateboarding.

Had he not become so weird and waxing faux poetic and let his drinking in check I think you’re right, but he didn’t help the situation over the years. Honestly dude needs a reality check. It’s not like he’s produced an ounce of footage in the two years on adidas.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2018, 06:29:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Had he not become so weird and waxing faux poetic and let his drinking in check I think you’re right, but he didn’t help the situation over the years. Honestly dude needs a reality check. It’s not like he’s produced an ounce of footage in the two years on adidas.
Have you forgotten about this banger after banger part?
https://youtu.be/u9TSkhSOBRQ

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2018, 06:31:49 PM »
Who here likes bangers and mash?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2018, 06:35:29 PM »
Mashing bangers to the dome

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2018, 07:05:24 PM »

I tried them once and have wanted more since. Any pals got a spot In LA they recommend?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.