Author Topic: Herb in Hawaii  (Read 2817 times)

streetsoup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
Herb in Hawaii
« on: July 13, 2018, 02:41:08 PM »
Going to Hawaii for the first time in September.
Wondering how difficult it will be to get some ganja once off the plane? Any past visitors or locals know whats good with getting some herb? Hoping it wont be too difficult or expensive.

Ill be with my GF so street skating will be limited, but am stoked to skate some of the parks and dive with some sharks!

If anyone knows of anything else rad to do, im stoked to hear about it!

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
Re: Herb in Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 03:03:58 PM »
Not sure which island you're going to, but I went to Oahu last winter and had a great time. If you're normally good at finding drugs, I'm sure you'll be alright, but it took us a few days to find weed. My homie went on a Tinder date with a hippie chick just to secure it. Unless your girlfriend's really cool, I doubt that's in the cards for you. Aala Skatepark in Chinatown is basically Honolulu's version of LES, so you might have some luck there. Just be careful if you're a Haole (white dude) because the native Hawaiians aren't always so friendly to colonizers.

Other than that, we went on three hikes (1000 Steps, the pillbox one from the last season of KOTR, and the one with the waterfall/cliffjump that everyone goes to) and surfed a few spots on the south shore. The north shore is pretty scenic and certainly worth a day trip. If you're into traditional tattoos, check out Old Ironside or Queen Street Tattoo. The former was owned by Sailor Jerry and has murals of him and Mike Malone out front, the latter is just a really good shop and I can vouch for the quality of their work.

I enjoyed the food out there immensely. There's lots of good poke, the shrimp trucks are great, and I found out that spam goes really well on a breakfast sandwich.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 06:56:00 PM »
If you're normally good at finding drugs, I'm sure you'll be alright

What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 12:20:14 AM »
when i went to oahu 2 summers ago, i downloaded the mass roots app( sort of like weed social media) and posted looking for trees and the guy delivered to me within an hour

KingKook

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 08:52:14 AM »
Look for the beach boys on Waikiki beach. I always get herb down by the breakwater.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 09:57:20 PM »
Easy to find herb in waikiki but they will short you. One thing, everybody thinks Hawaii is super chill but its alot more hood then you would think. Locals are quick to scrap and a good amount are a bit racist. Idk how your getting around but some of the bus stops get pretty sketchy at night. Alot of meth out there.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 01:01:22 PM »
I live on Oahu right now. You shouldn't really have a problem buying any. It ain't cheap though. Like 50 bucks for an 1/8th. But you should defiantly check out Aala park the shop is right around the corner. If you come north shore side come skate bonsai. Super sick park with good flow, everyone is super nice. The waves are pretty bad right now or I would suggest checking out puaena point to surf. Bunch of street spots on Hotel street right next to APB shop. Everything is a bust unless its a Sunday. Wouldn't even really bother. Enjoy your stay 

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 10:59:47 AM »
Go to APB and spend some money there. Respect the locals. If someone looks sketchy, they are sketchy.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
a long time ago I went on a family vacation to the big island.
I skated into town and within an hour I met some locals. We skated some ledges and eventually they hooked me up with a fat sack of tiny buds and mostly shake. I was a little ungrateful asshole and asked where the big kona gold buds were at. The next day I met them again and they called a dude who did a drive by drop off of some big fluffy nugs. ..so long story short..not that hard.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 05:13:03 PM »
Hoping I can get a halfO shortly after getting off the plane. A week is a long time in a beautiful place with no ganja.
Thanks for the help pals, will definitely check APB (skateshop im assuming?) and probably just the beaches and maybe that massroots app if all else fails lol.
Looking to do some hiking, and hopefully find some rad cliff jumps or a swimming hole. Diving with sharks at some point also, my girlfriend is determined lol. D:
Thanks for the heads up!!

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 10:13:12 PM »
Hoping I can get a halfO shortly after getting off the plane. A week is a long time in a beautiful place with no ganja.
Thanks for the help pals, will definitely check APB (skateshop im assuming?) and probably just the beaches and maybe that massroots app if all else fails lol.
Looking to do some hiking, and hopefully find some rad cliff jumps or a swimming hole. Diving with sharks at some point also, my girlfriend is determined lol. D:
Thanks for the heads up!!

jump waimea bay. That one is super easy just walk up the rock. I have done two other hikes that you have to hike 2-3 miles into for a sick waterfall jump spot. Def check APB

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »
Just got back from Oahu, and while I can't say much about the herb hookup, I can say the following (some of what Parker already said):

Waimea Bay Jump Rock: fun stuff, easy to find, fantastic beach at sunset.

Bonsai Park: right by there too, transition heavy, super fun bowl area. There's also a pool thats too gnarly for me, but looks really sick.

Makiki Park: park itself is minimal, but most of it is shaded. Weird rounded noping on the quarters is a little strange but still grinds good.

Sharks Cove: fun snorkeling spot, you can see lots of fish and a SHITLOAD of sea urchins. Saw more fish at Sharks Cove than Hanauma Bay, and they charge $ at Hanauma. We just bought 10$ mask/snorkel combos at Long's Drugs.

APB Shop: great shop, employees I met were super friendly.

Can't wait to go back, hopefully I can make it again before i'm too old!

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 04:11:29 PM »
Just got back from Oahu, and while I can't say much about the herb hookup, I can say the following (some of what Parker already said):

Waimea Bay Jump Rock: fun stuff, easy to find, fantastic beach at sunset.

Bonsai Park: right by there too, transition heavy, super fun bowl area. There's also a pool thats too gnarly for me, but looks really sick.

Makiki Park: park itself is minimal, but most of it is shaded. Weird rounded noping on the quarters is a little strange but still grinds good.

Sharks Cove: fun snorkeling spot, you can see lots of fish and a SHITLOAD of sea urchins. Saw more fish at Sharks Cove than Hanauma Bay, and they charge $ at Hanauma. We just bought 10$ mask/snorkel combos at Long's Drugs.

APB Shop: great shop, employees I met were super friendly.

Can't wait to go back, hopefully I can make it again before i'm too old!

Thanks a bunch Kepner! Im stoked. Definitely will check out that sharks cove and APB! And you'll make it back when youre still young and lively, im sure!

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 12:47:00 PM »
Anyone know where the cliff jump waterfall spot is at the beginning of the recent Atlantic Drift?

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »
can i get a run down from you fellas on Kauai? if i want secluded beaches someone told me thats the spot.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 03:12:03 AM »
Anyone know where the cliff jump waterfall spot is at the beginning of the recent Atlantic Drift?

yea that one is maunawili falls. Its super fun and they have like three spots you can jump from.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 03:19:11 AM »
can i get a run down from you fellas on Kauai? if i want secluded beaches someone told me thats the spot.

Not sure about secluded beaches. But the one time I flew over there from honolulu we went on waimea canyon hike. It was super sick. Next time we go we are trying to do the napali coast

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 11:39:31 PM »
Go to Makiki skatepark, session it for a while and feel out the people there, everyone is cool usually and a lot of them partake.

Eventually someone will spark something, you'll see it, and even if you don't see it you will definitely smell it.

Most skaters here are cool to visitors if they're not kooks.
Approach someone.
Say "what up I'm from (wherever) and I'm here for a week or so and I'm trying to get some weed, you know anybody?"

This will work at A'ala Park also or basically any park on the island you go to, except with A'ala  there are a lot of lurkers and fucking clowns that own skateboards but aren't really skaters and just hang out and take up space.
Some of these fuckers can be sketchy so maybe be extra on your guard over there but more likely than not you'll be fine.

Be cool and everyone will most likely be cool to you also, I'm guessing pretty much everywhere in the world is like this but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 11:45:53 PM by Shitbag »

coupedepill

• Rep: 21
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 10:22:48 AM »

Polihale is the beach your looking for. It's on the westside. It's a state park I think. Your going to want a 4WD to get in there.  It's big but you can get some seclusion there. Also not far from there is a diy called the boneyard. Kauai is tight

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 07:08:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Polihale is the beach your looking for. It's on the westside. It's a state park I think. Your going to want a 4WD to get in there.  It's big but you can get some seclusion there. Also not far from there is a diy called the boneyard. Kauai is tight

that is exactly what im looking for thanks!  You are not the first person to recommend 4wd.  does it need to be real 4WD or can i just rent a Jeep Sarhara?
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

coupedepill

• Rep: 21
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2018, 10:47:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

that is exactly what im looking for thanks!  You are not the first person to recommend 4wd.  does it need to be real 4WD or can i just rent a Jeep Sarhara?

There's a few things. The access road is pretty rough and at times closed for repairs/grading. I've even heard that a lot of rental car companies have policy that says you can't drive on it. You can make it in a non 4WD but you could just as easily get stuck. Also, once there, you can drive on the actual beach, which would require 4WD, sometimes even those dudes get stuck. It's a super rad spot and worth the
trip.