Author Topic: Bucket Hats  (Read 2919 times)

cloudy

Bucket Hats
« on: July 13, 2018, 03:12:49 PM »
fitted caps been getting too much shine lately. we're in the middle of summer and it's time that the bucket hat got some appreciation. before the boss even knew what a flat bill was, he recognized the importance of protecting ya neck.

andrew reynolds, "the end"

also, shout out to mike carroll, "yeah right"

and before you say "hey, what about daniel haney?" - no. that was some next level safari hat shit. i'm looking for that classic bucket.

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: Bucket Hats
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 03:27:48 PM »

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 03:43:57 PM »
they're called creager hats

cloudy

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 03:59:50 PM »

good call, good call. in my opinion though, he spent too much time in a flexfit to be able to deem the bucket hat the "creager hat." i think his menikmati part offers a nice encapsulation of his career headwear choices - a healthy dose of both buckets and flexfits throughout, and a dash of beanies here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BindlDsqqw
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:17:25 PM by cloudy »

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 04:19:43 PM »
john rob moore
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 04:25:53 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22my10rK9so

Puig in this part. I own that exact same Helas bucket hat, the white and blue. It's hard to not make a bucket hat look fedora-ish or safari-ish, it has to fit your head comfortably without sticking out and the brim can't be too long either. The Helas one accomplishes all this and Puig pulls it off in spades.

cloudy

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 04:34:24 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22my10rK9so

Puig in this part. I own that exact same Helas bucket hat, the white and blue. It's hard to not make a bucket hat look fedora-ish or safari-ish, it has to fit your head comfortably without sticking out and the brim can't be too long either. The Helas one accomplishes all this and Puig pulls it off in spades.

i nearly shed a tear due to how beautiful that bucket styling was. thing was more textbook than gilligan stranded on that uncharted desert isle.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 07:23:33 PM »
chris millic pulls it off amazing

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 09:37:06 PM »
schoolboy q got a good one

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 07:43:44 AM »
gershon fa sho

edit: just found this page searching for dill in a bucket hat, makes some funny digs at skaters

http://seshlife.blogspot.com/2013/09/who-brought-bucket-hat-back.html?m=1
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:13:35 AM by smellsdead »

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 04:53:03 AM »
I was very into bucket hats like 5 years ago, but they got played out fast by chubby Taylor Gang wannabees and college dudes that read Barstool. I need that stench to wear off before I adorn one again.

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 04:06:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

good call, good call. in my opinion though, he spent too much time in a flexfit to be able to deem the bucket hat the "creager hat." i think his menikmati part offers a nice encapsulation of his career headwear choices - a healthy dose of both buckets and flexfits throughout, and a dash of beanies here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BindlDsqqw
Creager also rocked the next level safari style hats with the drawstring.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 08:40:21 PM »
Bucket hats tread a fine line between "fucking stupid" and "pretty fresh". I wonder if I could pull one off?

Ronnie Creager looked pretty fuckin' cool in beanies back in the Menikmati era. Him and Penny, they looked like total G's in those straight beanies that don't fold up at the bottom (like all the modern ones do).

calvinsdream

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 10:12:05 PM »
Bucket hats tread a fine line between "fucking stupid" and "pretty fresh". I wonder if I could pull one off?

Ronnie Creager looked pretty fuckin' cool in beanies back in the Menikmati era. Him and Penny, they looked like total G's in those straight beanies that don't fold up at the bottom (like all the modern ones do).

I’ve been thinking about this for about ten years now. Still undecided but I figure once I hit 40 all hats get an auto pass