Author Topic: Bobby De Keyzer on......  (Read 12913 times)

puff daddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
Re: Bobby De Keyzer on......
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2018, 11:33:49 AM »

This is one of his next pro boards on Habitat:

I loved the Twin Peaks collaboration(and it fit the brand really well) but between this and the Pink Floyd stuff...

Oh geez this sucks

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2018, 11:55:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Truly shocked that no one in this thread made the connection that Nik, Hjalte, Bobby, and Ben Chadourne are all under the Nike umbrella.
[close]
You're a true skate nerd. I was thinking the same thing.
[close]

that's great and all... but let me be devil's advocate and ask how often are the Cons and Nike guys out on trips together?  they typically keep em pretty separate. 

also, the use of Bobby with those names implies Bobby Worrest... which would be a whole lot coooler
[close]
Raney Beres and Sean Pablo have both popped up in Nike web clips wearing Cons, the former hardly four months ago.

ok, you win this round... but i dont like it. not one bit.
hardly art, hardly starving

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2018, 12:44:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dude did have an insane part in the Cons video. Habitat doesn’t really do much. Scrolling on their Instagram they haven’t posted content of him since early May if that means anything. And barely promoted him having a part in Purple. Wouldn’t be shocked if he jumped ship.
[close]

I mean we know he’s not loyal after the whole DC debacle. Even if he says habitat was his dream sponsor he’d probably leave before lining up a new sponsor and annoy the one he wanted long enough till the put him on like he did with cons. Lest we forget they turned him down originally and just kept skating the shoes till they put him on. All because the dc dudes made fun of him for being a nerd.
[close]
He said in his Bunt episode that he left because he didn't want to wear a DC shirt:
https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-ep-4-ft-bobby-dekeyzer-if-you-posted-your-own-skating-you-were-a-kook
And it's hard to blame him for wanting a change of scene.  This is one of his next pro boards on Habitat:

I loved the Twin Peaks collaboration(and it fit the brand really well) but between this and the Pink Floyd stuff...

I’d buy that board a bobs burger collab is pretty sick. I feel for board company’s right now cause Shit like this what sells now. No one cares about good art anymore.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Coolhats

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2018, 02:15:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dude did have an insane part in the Cons video. Habitat doesn’t really do much. Scrolling on their Instagram they haven’t posted content of him since early May if that means anything. And barely promoted him having a part in Purple. Wouldn’t be shocked if he jumped ship.
[close]

I mean we know he’s not loyal after the whole DC debacle. Even if he says habitat was his dream sponsor he’d probably leave before lining up a new sponsor and annoy the one he wanted long enough till the put him on like he did with cons. Lest we forget they turned him down originally and just kept skating the shoes till they put him on. All because the dc dudes made fun of him for being a nerd.
[close]
He said in his Bunt episode that he left because he didn't want to wear a DC shirt:
https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-ep-4-ft-bobby-dekeyzer-if-you-posted-your-own-skating-you-were-a-kook
And it's hard to blame him for wanting a change of scene.  This is one of his next pro boards on Habitat:

[close]

I’d buy that board a bobs burger collab is pretty sick. I feel for board company’s right now cause Shit like this what sells now. No one cares about good art anymore.

I disagree. I like Bob's Burgers and I enjoyed Bobby's part in Purple, but I can't imagine any real skateboarders seeing a Bob's Burger's board in a shop and choosing it unless it was the last Habitat board in their size. I also have a hard time believing that's a real board that's supposed to come out. Surely someone is fucking with me? If not, all of these companies are ruining the cartoons I actually enjoy, with this and then Primitive Rick and Morty boards.

To continue my tangent, who do you think actually enjoys Rick and Morty over at Primitive? Those guys seem like they have absolutely no sense of humor. Where's Bristol_Palin, what do you think about this?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2018, 03:25:55 PM »
so Bobby De Keyzer is way better than Bobby Worrest and most any pro generally.   (I read thru the thread and noticed people mentioning Bobby Worrest a couple a times so I just wanted to interject.)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »
bobby dk is not way better than worrest. he has better board control maybe but worrest has better everything else
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »
bobby dk is not way better than worrest. he has better board control maybe but worrest has better everything else
  Yes more control over his skateboad -fuck yeah.   Whatever you like I guess.  I'll take the Bobby D footage personally.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2018, 03:47:19 PM »
so Bobby De Keyzer is way better than Bobby Worrest and most any pro generally

Expand Quote
[close]
  Yes more control over his skateboad -fuck yeah.   Whatever you like I guess.  I'll take the Bobby D footage personally.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2018, 03:52:29 PM »
Your misappropriating that meme. ^ (val kilmer would back Bobby D)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 03:54:10 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2018, 04:24:24 PM »
I like Bob's Burgers, but if you think that collaboration is anything other than awful and/or a desperate money grab, you are objectively wrong.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2018, 04:47:48 PM »
Your misappropriating that meme. ^ (val kilmer would back Bobby D)

Val Kilmer, never. 

Peter Costa, maybe.

Alonzo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2018, 12:30:53 PM »
Krooked would be a great fit on Polar.
halfcab flip

puff daddy