Author Topic: Adidas "Das Days" NYC | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts  (Read 4174 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1467
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
Re: Adidas "Das Days" NYC | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 12:54:44 AM »
no more of this live bullshit please ... small talk all round, not even going bother watching it

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:11:41 AM »
Good episode for the most part. Loved the Jenkem talk and RB had some good stories. Was expecting Tyshawn’s segment to be good but it ended up being pretty awkward. The dude looked pretty fried and that dog must have annoyed the shit out of Chris and Rog.

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 02:13:22 AM »
Will not watch. Rog sucks big time. Crob is clueless and kelly needs to go away. If they get all new hosts ill watch

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 05:49:58 AM »
There is some good calling out buy Ian  Michna the Jenkem founder.. About 5 companies ruling the industry and about skimming the fat out of skateboarding.. Starts around 1 hour mark..

Slap messageboards mentioned too. hey Jenkem do a series called: Pros on acid looking at SLAP. They could search all the theads about them and have them make a account here...

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 06:12:45 AM »
I (unfortunately) ended up in the close proximity of some of the Transworld guys during their stay here, and I'll say that Ian and Jenkem definitely has them shook. Good work.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 06:25:21 AM »
holy shit tyshawn sucks at naming dogs.

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 06:55:13 AM »
Kenny Reed is the shit.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 12:55:04 PM »
RB is a legend

FRankie is a good kid and I'm.looking forward to the habitat/aws thing

Isn't tyshawn against drinking and drugs? To me he didnt seem fried, just 'cool guying' the hell out of it...

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »
Even prouder to support Jenkem after that episode, good watch.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 02:00:08 PM »
The Jenkem segment was my favorite. Saying how the skate industry should be cut in half. Straight taking a page out of Thanos train of thought.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 03:00:39 PM »
I put it up on YouTube while I had about 15 minutes to kill and heard crob mention he did some research. And it made his interaction better I though. Will watch later. Hey Rog, tell crob to keep doing research. It helps.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 05:55:56 PM »
Isn't tyshawn against drinking and drugs? To me he didnt seem fried, just 'cool guying' the hell out of it...

exactly this, kid is acting like a fucking diva with stupid ass responses like "facts." Yet another brat whose ego has been pumped up by the industry. Clearly too cool to talk on a talk show. "Yeah man I'm the shit, I'm just mellow, whatever" vibe was vomit-inducing. You could tell Chris was struggling to keep the interview interesting because his answers were such garbage. Show some respect to Chris, Rog, and Kelly, you're a guest on their show fucking ungrateful bitch ass. Dude is the worst

Frankie on the other hand seems like a humble guy and has a good head on his shoulders.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:57:53 PM by roomservice »

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 06:53:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

exactly this, kid is acting like a fucking diva with stupid ass responses like "facts." Yet another brat whose ego has been pumped up by the industry. Clearly too cool to talk on a talk show. "Yeah man I'm the shit, I'm just mellow, whatever" vibe was vomit-inducing. You could tell Chris was struggling to keep the interview interesting because his answers were such garbage. Show some respect to Chris, Rog, and Kelly, you're a guest on their show fucking ungrateful bitch ass. Dude is the worst

Frankie on the other hand seems like a humble guy and has a good head on his shoulders.

He was definitely acting very "too-cool" and aloof. I think it's respectable that he doesn't fan out super hard on Gonz or anyone, but he was still a bit much. There's nothing wrong with showing some emotion and allowing yourself to get excited about shit, kiddo

methamketamine

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 06:58:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He was definitely acting very "too-cool" and aloof. I think it's respectable that he doesn't fan out super hard on Gonz or anyone, but he was still a bit much. There's nothing wrong with showing some emotion and allowing yourself to get excited about shit, kiddo
Hes just shy, you can tell he's a smart kid.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 06:50:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Hes just shy, you can tell he's a smart kid.

Ye, when it really comes down to it I can tell he has a good head on his shoulders. I dunno, I just got a vibe he is a little overly detached. It's all good, though! I def don't think he is a "brat".

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 08:18:42 AM »
I think Tyshawn thought he was sitting with dorks and didn't want to wild out,facts.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 12:55:05 PM »
I think Tyshawn thought he was sitting with dorks and didn't want to wild out,facts.

That was probably the first time Tyshawn even ever heard of Chris Roberts or The Nine Club.  Def didn't know no Rog or KFatty.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 01:53:40 AM »
didnt know they were the originators of zigram. i thought it came from here for some reason

micky682

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 05:45:54 AM »

ianrussel

• Rep: 39
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 12:58:09 PM »
didnt know they were the originators of zigram. i thought it came from here for some reason
yeah this is the first mention / article we did about ol' ziggy:
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2011/07/11/interview-with-shane-oneill-aka-zigram23/

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 07:52:22 AM »
Just listened. You guys exaggerated tf out of the tyshawn thing. He was fine I thought. Some good stories/anecdotes.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 09:37:31 AM »
this and i thought ian pronounced it funny. zi-grom not zigram

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2018, 05:58:06 PM »
Thank God the Bunt is back!

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2018, 06:04:58 AM »
thought tyshawn was fine, but the whole nine club format feels stale as hell with these 20 minute live segments

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 06:09:32 AM »
Yea Tyshawn was fine he’s just chill. Idk what I would be like if you put a microphone in front of me at age 20 but it probably would be worse. Dude seems like a sane good kid and the story of rejecting pig wheels etc was funny.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2018, 06:13:47 AM »
Lol at Rog trying to keep it industry PC when Jenkem dude was shitting on Monster and Skull Candy

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2018, 07:35:51 AM »
I (unfortunately) ended up in the close proximity of some of the Transworld guys during their stay here, and I'll say that Ian and Jenkem definitely has them shook. Good work.

if I may ask, in what way were they feeling shook