Author Topic: Quasi: "Mother"  (Read 32331 times)

Vert Reynolds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: Quasi: "Mother"
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2018, 05:56:22 AM »
Put the fucking guys names before every part !!! It’s a Standard and it has to be done. I’m not waiting for the end credits to sift through for names. I’m fucking pissed the fuck off 🤬🤬🤬😡😡

Thanx Quasi....Now I’ll never know who the black guy before the Bump to Rail Varial flip guy was, And I’ll never know the Name of the Kid who did the Bad ass bump to Rail Varial Flip  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

The only Riders I knew and or know, Are John Jakeson, Bledsoe and Frank Rizzo’s Kid
Do You even Street Style ???

Enfant Terrible

• Rep: -3
  • is this really real ?
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2018, 05:57:28 AM »
 Skateboarding nowadays is about clothes  :'(
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 06:06:25 AM by Enfant Terrible »

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2018, 06:10:17 AM »
Was that a sooooper Rare Eminem unreleased Track?!?!? I’m surprised alive never heard this Track, And I’ve heard all his shit...Props to Quasi And thanx for that little surprise 🤟🏿🤟🏿👍🏿

Hhe said my Minds irrelevant like an Adolecsent Skeleton, Freaky like reggae Bitches doing the Pelican.....Now thats the Eminem  grew up on And 💗💗💗 Not this new BS he’s been putting out
Do You even Street Style ???

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2018, 10:04:53 AM »
Now I’ll never know who the black guy before the Bump to Rail Varial flip guy was

Justin Henry

And I’ll never know the Name of the Kid who did the Bad ass bump to Rail Varial Flip

Josh Wilson
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

Global Moderator

« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2018, 10:11:41 AM »
Skateboarding nowadays is about clothes  :'(

I’d confidently argue that since day one, skateboarding has always been about fashion and clothes.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2018, 10:23:02 AM »
Not trying to sound overly sentimental or cheesy, but I love that skating can be analyzed and argued about in the exact same way people analyze and argue about a painting by Caravaggio or Francisco goya.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2018, 10:34:31 AM »
Agreed that I hate the trend of not putting the skaters name before their parts.  Especially when at the end of the day the goal of a board company full length is to sell boards with their names on them.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2018, 03:56:49 PM »
I don't really care one way or another about names before parts but if you don't know the dudes in this video it just means you don't follow skating for shit. 

wheee!

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2018, 04:42:26 PM »
hottest part: gilbert
hottest mom: josh

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »
hottest part: gilbert
hottest mom: josh

Justin Henry's mom is pretty nice to look upon, imo jmo.

BMCsteve

« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2018, 08:53:48 PM »
I don't really care one way or another about names before parts but if you don't know the dudes in this video it just means you don't follow skating for shit.

There are hundreds of companies and thousands of pro/ams/flow now.  no, i have other things to do than memorize the faces of people that nobody will remember in a year (not specifically talking about anyone in this video)

IHOP

« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2018, 09:09:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There are hundreds of companies and thousands of pro/ams/flow now.  no, i have other things to do than memorize the faces of people that nobody will remember in a year (not specifically talking about anyone in this video)

Everybody in this video except for justin, have been pretty relevant since at least 2014.  Even justin henry is pretty known if you read thrashers or follow spitfire online.  You guys should spend more time watching actual skateboarding than hangin out in the set ups thread.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2018, 09:22:56 PM »
Had a little thing typed out but IHOP beat me to it.  It's just funny to be participating in a nerdy skateboarding forum and complain about not knowing who the dudes are in one of the biggest/most anticipated video releases of the year

wheee!

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2018, 10:32:50 PM »
Great skating, surprised that I actually liked some of Dick Rizzo's footage because his name is so bad (good?) that I can barely stand to look at the dude. Bigspin over the bump to bar was well done.

Not at all into Josh Wilson.

Had much higher hopes for JJ and Al, but there were a few gems.

Gilbert is obviously super good but I have a hard time looking past heinous gear. I remember the pant cuffs more than anything and that does a huge disservice to some sick skating.

Except for a few exceptions, the filming was pretty bro-cam looking. Shaky, bad framing, bad exposure/color, and in general the HD footy seemed out of place with a lot of the soundtrack. Definitely felt like it would have translated better if it was all vx1000.

Nothing I would re-watch, but I like Quasi regardless and still think it's rad they put out a proper video, even if it seemed like it was quickly thrown together by someone without much experience.

IHOP

« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2018, 10:55:13 PM »
Great skating, surprised that I actually liked some of Dick Rizzo's footage because his name is so bad (good?) that I can barely stand to look at the dude. Bigspin over the bump to bar was well done.

Gilbert is obviously super good but I have a hard time looking past heinous gear. I remember the pant cuffs more than anything and that does a huge disservice to some sick skating.

Except for a few exceptions, the filming was pretty bro-cam looking. Shaky, bad framing, bad exposure/color, and in general the HD footy seemed out of place with a lot of the soundtrack. Definitely felt like it would have translated better if it was all vx1000.

Nothing I would re-watch, but I like Quasi regardless and still think it's rad they put out a proper video, even if it seemed like it was quickly thrown together by someone without much experience.

was taking your critique serious til i saw that part

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2018, 11:12:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

was taking your critique serious til i saw that part

Not a fan of the VX I take it? I've seen plenty of HD releases that are fine, and fitting for the brand/people they were affiliated with. The use of vx1000 snippets and all the other older sd imagery didn't mix well with much higher contrast/sharper HD footage, but that's just my opinion. If the filming and editing was better, who knows? Maybe they captured the exact feel they were going for.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:17:57 PM by Budgie Lasek »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2018, 02:22:59 AM »
Had a little thing typed out but IHOP beat me to it.  It's just funny to be participating in a nerdy skateboarding forum and complain about not knowing who the dudes are in one of the biggest/most anticipated video releases of the year

Not everyone is jocking Quasi as hard as you guys. I'm with BMCsteve on this one. I'm not big into Quasi personally but wanted to check this video out to see what all the fuss is about. Didn't know some of the riders and still have no idea. Whatever. I'm not cool and in the know and don't think their art direction is anything special so maybe I'm not their target market. Still wouldn't hurt to put the names there cuz there was some nice skating in there and I'd like to connect that with the right person.

BMCsteve

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2018, 04:27:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not everyone is jocking Quasi as hard as you guys. I'm with BMCsteve on this one. I'm not big into Quasi personally but wanted to check this video out to see what all the fuss is about. Didn't know some of the riders and still have no idea. Whatever. I'm not cool and in the know and don't think their art direction is anything special so maybe I'm not their target market. Still wouldn't hurt to put the names there cuz there was some nice skating in there and I'd like to connect that with the right person.

agreed.  my complaint wasn't specifically about Quasi.  It goes for a lot of videos that have come out over the past couple years.  I come from the generation where you only knew who was who because their photo was in a mag or their video part came out.  both of which would have their name associated with it.  I don't sit on team pages or instagram accounts to know who everyone is.

anyways......

BigManTing

• Rep: 0
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2018, 04:51:19 AM »
Put the fucking guys names before every part !!! It’s a Standard and it has to be done. I’m not waiting for the end credits to sift through for names. I’m fucking pissed the fuck off 🤬🤬🤬😡😡

Fuck off back to Maine, Rusty

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2018, 06:06:36 AM »
Especially when there's a grand total of what, seven dudes in this video to keep track of?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2018, 06:30:41 AM »
I fucking loved this whole thing. Wish Tyler Bledsoe was a little more present but whatever I appreciate what he does. Justin Henry should know people who scream like psychos about how they're going to hurt someone usually get knocked out. Dick Rizzo and Josh Wilson are the truth. I forgot Gilbert was in Ride The Sky and that he can do big handrail shit so I was a little more impressed by those maneuvers than maybe I should have been. But I love it.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2018, 08:46:03 AM »
Agreed that I hate the trend of not putting the skaters name before their parts.  Especially when at the end of the day the goal of a board company full length is to sell boards with their names on them.

They don't put their names on the pro boards, maybe some times on the top sheet. Same with FA/Hockey. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2018, 08:57:46 AM »
So is Dick pro yet?

IHOP

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2018, 10:47:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

agreed.  my complaint wasn't specifically about Quasi.  It goes for a lot of videos that have come out over the past couple years.  I come from the generation where you only knew who was who because their photo was in a mag or their video part came out.  both of which would have their name associated with it.  I don't sit on team pages or instagram accounts to know who everyone is.

http://theskateboardmag.com/tsm-145-in-words-dick-rizzo/
https://www.monsterchildren.com/30649/bronze-56k-trust-dick-rizzo-interview/
https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/huf-ams-dick-rizzo-matt-gottwig-jake-anderson/

http://skatejawn.com/josh-wilson-interview/
https://sidewalkmag.com/skateboard-news/dick-rizzo-josh-wilson-interview.html
http://www.soloskatemag.com/en/jersey-boys

https://www.monsterchildren.com/74840/interview-quasi-team-member-justin-henry/
https://skateboarding.transworld.net/videos/video-check-justin-henry/
and he had an interview in thrasher a few months back.

I didnt link the multiple bronze videos since you would probably complain of about the lack of names in that as well, and im not gonna look up the ads they have had.  I understand they are newer skaters, but every skater in this video has had media coverage over the past few years, most of which has been posted HERE on slap and discussed.

Not trying to come for your throats or anything, but if you post on this site and dont know these guys you obviously arent paying attention.  Most the people I see complaining about no names are the same people that dont take the time to read the magazines your claiming you get your info from.

BMCsteve

« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2018, 11:02:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

http://theskateboardmag.com/tsm-145-in-words-dick-rizzo/
https://www.monsterchildren.com/30649/bronze-56k-trust-dick-rizzo-interview/
https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/huf-ams-dick-rizzo-matt-gottwig-jake-anderson/

http://skatejawn.com/josh-wilson-interview/
https://sidewalkmag.com/skateboard-news/dick-rizzo-josh-wilson-interview.html
http://www.soloskatemag.com/en/jersey-boys

https://www.monsterchildren.com/74840/interview-quasi-team-member-justin-henry/
https://skateboarding.transworld.net/videos/video-check-justin-henry/
and he had an interview in thrasher a few months back.

I didnt link the multiple bronze videos since you would probably complain of about the lack of names in that as well, and im not gonna look up the ads they have had.  I understand they are newer skaters, but every skater in this video has had media coverage over the past few years, most of which has been posted HERE on slap and discussed.

Not trying to come for your throats or anything, but if you post on this site and dont know these guys you obviously arent paying attention.  Most the people I see complaining about no names are the same people that dont take the time to read the magazines your claiming you get your info from.

you just spent more time compiling that than it would have taken their editor to just add the names.  You also know what's great about all of those links?  THEY LIST THE NAME OF THE SKATER.  Imagine reading the article with a pic of the dude and then having to go look up who he is.  Instead of "An Interview with Quasi Team Member Justin Henry" they just had "An Interview with a Quasi Team Member"

You're correct, I'm not paying attention to every single skater on the planet.  There is a good chance that every single team has "pros" and ams that I've never heard of. 

I just don't see any advantage to NOT listing the names before parts and see nothing but disadvantages if you don't
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 11:07:32 AM by BMCsteve »

C Dash Money

• Rep: -10
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2018, 11:59:10 AM »
Yes, there is an advantage of sorts.

It is sort of like how the Yankees do not have last names on their jerseys. It's an attempt to absorb the individual, or the Subject if you will, into the mass spirit...

Like how the pistons of an engine are essentially absorbed and made transparent in the greater Working of the car...

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2018, 11:03:12 PM »

Looks like he just started listening to KB and chose the first track off an album on yt. Bland ass skate style no doubt.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2018, 11:22:13 PM »
I love how we’re complaining about names on a video when the team has 7 dudes and this forum has circle jerked or hated like 5 of them Over the last decade.

I do agreed though. It would’ve actually been cool if the just did the moms names when they showed the pictures instead of the skaters. Videos obviously polarizing but quasi is one of the brands out lately. Maybe they just one or two more mainstream popularity people to get it bigger.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2018, 12:47:57 AM »

BigManTing

• Rep: 0
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2018, 02:08:04 AM »

I just don't see any advantage to NOT listing the names before parts and see nothing but disadvantages if you don't

Cos it gets you five pages on Slap