Author Topic: Quasi: "Mother"  (Read 32288 times)

BALARGUE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
Re: Quasi: "Mother"
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2018, 03:19:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Agreed that I hate the trend of not putting the skaters name before their parts.  Especially when at the end of the day the goal of a board company full length is to sell boards with their names on them.
[close]

They don't put their names on the pro boards, maybe some times on the top sheet. Same with FA/Hockey. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Names are on quasi boards bottom most of (if not all) the time
If you're just a consumer, i guess it's no big deal. If you're interested in skateboarding culture, it's a big deal
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:56:37 AM by BALARGUE »

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2018, 05:50:33 AM »
Watching now. What is the reason for not titling skaters parts? Fucking stupid. Anyway the dude who rocks Bronze 56k gear, 3rd part I think, is fucking amazing. Classic feel to that part.

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2018, 10:00:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Agreed that I hate the trend of not putting the skaters name before their parts.  Especially when at the end of the day the goal of a board company full length is to sell boards with their names on them.
[close]

They don't put their names on the pro boards, maybe some times on the top sheet. Same with FA/Hockey. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
[close]

Names are on quasi boards bottom most of (if not all) the time
If you're just a consumer, i guess it's no big deal. If you're interested in skateboarding culture, it's a big deal

You have it backwards.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2018, 10:30:07 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH-MgFb8Fyc

enjoy for those feining for jj footage

[edit] i see i botched the music transition, too bad
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 10:36:19 AM by behavioralguide »

IHOP

« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2018, 11:31:06 AM »
It is wild seeing the posters i see in most threads not knowing who some pretty relevant skaters are.  Slap isnt as skate nerdy as i thought, just regular nerdy. 

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »

You have it backwards.

A big part of the "culture" is knowing who did what where
If you don't put names on stuff it gets blurry and it doesn't stand the test of time.

I do not watch a new video to test my nerdery - blindtest mode or to be fed with tricks, i partly do it to improve my nerdery and put a name on talented guys i didnt know about. :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 12:10:40 PM by BALARGUE »

euro tm

« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2018, 01:43:06 PM »
It is wild seeing the posters i see in most threads not knowing who some pretty relevant skaters are.  Slap isnt as skate nerdy as i thought, just regular nerdy.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2018, 03:06:02 PM »
Expand Quote

You have it backwards.
[close]

If you don't put names on stuff it gets blurry and it doesn't stand the test of time.

I do not watch a new video to test my nerdery - blindtest mode or to be fed with tricks, i partly do it to improve my nerdy and put a name on talented guys i didnt know about. :)

If you're actually invested in the "culture" then you shouldn't need titles to know who these guys are...

wheee!

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2018, 06:07:05 PM »

I left this as a YouTube comment on the video:

"You done good! It's the full part we all wanted! Curse Jake for being such a good guy and contributing to both his sponsors xD"

Much appreciated!

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2018, 06:42:53 PM »
I generally think reedits are pretty corny, but I'd be psyched on a Gravis-era Jake reedit.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2018, 01:02:53 AM »
So the real question is who has the hottest mother???

stranded

« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2018, 02:04:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can pull up more examples, because I’ve actually skated Quasis. The last Gilbert board I had listed his name plus the name of the artwork, Bottom truck went over it, so it wasn’t visible.

Gilbert, Bledsoe, Al, JJ shouldn’t need to be introduced. Dick Rizzo and Josh Wilson have been getting coverage for the past couple years. Justin Henry is in the mags and had a shared, opening part in some Chicago video in the past year or so.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2018, 03:17:41 AM »
Justin Henry should know people who scream like psychos about how they're going to hurt someone usually get knocked out.

And you’re usually stoked to see them get knocked out too.  Shit was stupid.  Dude is good but that kinda tainted his footage, imo.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2018, 04:33:25 AM »
Was that a sooooper Rare Eminem unreleased Track?!?!? I’m surprised alive never heard this Track, And I’ve heard all his shit...Props to Quasi And thanx for that little surprise 🤟🏿🤟🏿👍🏿

Hhe said my Minds irrelevant like an Adolecsent Skeleton, Freaky like reggae Bitches doing the Pelican.....Now thats the Eminem  grew up on And 💗💗💗 Not this new BS he’s been putting out

It does sound a little like Infinite era Eminem when he was doing his best Nas/AZ impresssion but I don’t think that song is Eminem. Can’t figure out who it is tho

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2018, 05:05:07 AM »
Just finished. So dope. Would be surprised to see a better full length come out this year but I don’t remember what else is supposed to drop so who knows. What a difference having actual interesting songs make. Not elevator music and whatever oontz oontz electronic shit the youths are into nowadays. *shakes fist at cloud*

Last part dude reminds me of Adrian Lopez a bit. Not just because of the buzzed head and tats, it’s the crouch stance.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2018, 07:35:43 PM »

Hey man, thanks a lot for doing this. This was rad! 8)

Sad Hippo

« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2018, 10:08:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

You have it backwards.
[close]

I do not watch a new video to test my nerdery - blindtest mode or to be fed with tricks, i partly do it to improve my nerdy and put a name on talented guys i didnt know about. :)
[close]

If you're actually invested in the "culture" then you shouldn't need titles to know who these guys are...
My fault. I guess I need to spend way more time consuming internet clips and online mag interviews than dealing with real life and actually skateboarding. 

stranded

« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2018, 06:27:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

You have it backwards.
[close]

[close]

[close]
My fault. I guess I need to spend way more time consuming internet clips and online mag interviews than dealing with real life and actually skateboarding.
7 guys and 4 of them are pro. Are you so stupid that you can’t figure out who 3 people are, when it’s in the credits? HUF has been heavily promoting Dick Rizzo for a while, in the PAPER mags.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2018, 07:15:24 PM »
im kind of more shocked by the vitriol towards people wishing for titles than i am the people who dont know who the riders are in the first place.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2018, 08:06:06 PM »
im kind of more shocked by the vitriol towards people wishing for titles than i am the people who dont know who the riders are in the first place.
Exactly

shit_for_brains

« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2018, 08:18:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

You have it backwards.
[close]

[close]

[close]

oh shiiiiiit

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2018, 08:54:17 PM »
I watched it on PH and pelp[eeers couldn't because he doesn't have a mouse or keyboard

Level 40 Human Fedora

• Rep: -46
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2018, 09:10:10 PM »
I don't give a fuck about this video.  Jake and Al obviously don't either. 

Dick Rizzo sounds like the name of a Guido Muppet. 

I don't know who that big corn fed white boy is in the Nikes. 

Justin Henry's mom is hella cute.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2018, 09:19:48 PM »
Dick Rizzo sounds like the name of a reject Grease character

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »
Dick rizzo the don tho

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2018, 09:59:52 PM »
Watching now. What is the reason for not titling skaters parts? Fucking stupid. Anyway the dude who rocks Bronze 56k gear, 3rd part I think, is fucking amazing. Classic feel to that part.

I feel like lot's a people are asking this and the guy in the nikes/bronze gear with third part is Josh Wilson. I really liked his part in this too. His parts in the bronze edits are always really good too. He had my favorite footage in Trust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6plW_dilo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54I_d8_1mIQ

In case you haven't seen them before.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2018, 12:18:58 AM »
Last part dude reminds me of Adrian Lopez a bit. Not just because of the buzzed head and tats, it’s the crouch stance.
Are there really people on SLAP who don't know who Gilbert Crockett is? I thought this place was full of skate nerds but you don't even have to be one to know who Gilbert is

shit_for_brains

« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2018, 06:23:48 AM »
Wasn't there also a guy named Nick Zizzo or Rick Nizzo or something?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2018, 06:51:22 AM »
I watched this about a dozen times. they did a pretty great job putting this together with so many different film formats. thats hard. I think in a way that gives this more of a promo feel to it even though its a full vid.

I don't really get how people are confused about who is who, no one in this video is genuinely new. the names are at the end of the vid if ur really that concerned. I can understand Justin Henry but the rest are pretty well established. if you watched ANY bronze video you should know who josh Wilson and dick Rizzo are. liking how both of those guys are developing as skaters.

surprised Jake was able to sit on some of that footage for as long as he did. he might as well have reused some older footage to flesh out the part and I would not have been mad at that, just to see it with some quasi art direction instead of other peoples.

this is going to be a cult classic in a few years. the skating is just so top notch. whatever their next video will be is going to bonkers. I think they really just needed to get this first one out of the way to feel out some aesthetics on video because it felt like they were trying a lot of different things with each skater. can't wait to see some quasi tour vids or if they add a few more pieces.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2018, 06:51:46 AM »
Wasn't there also a guy named Nick Zizzo or Rick Nizzo or something?