Author Topic: Western US, CA, MX  (Read 1384 times)

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
Western US, CA, MX
« on: July 16, 2018, 11:28:24 AM »
In a couple weeks my band is going on tour to the following places:

San Francisco, CA
Arcata, CA
Portland, OR
Olympia, WA
Victoria, BC
Vancouver, BC
Missoula, MT
Salt Lake City, UT
Las Vegas, NV
Tijuana, MX
Los Angeles, CA
San Luis Obispo, CA
Oakland, CA

We're going to be far from home so any advice is highly appreciated. I want to hear any and all travel tips/food/must do things/places I should try to skate, even though my time for that will be limited. More specifically, for anyone who's ever gone to TJ, what tips would you give someone who's never been? Just looking for ways to make our tour as fun and smooth as possible. Thanks pals!

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Western US, CA, MX
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 12:08:12 PM »
oh man, can someone upload leetgeeks tj story
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Pappy Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 11:21:40 PM »
In a couple weeks my band is going on tour to the following places:

San Francisco, CA
Arcata, CA
Portland, OR
Olympia, WA
Victoria, BC
Vancouver, BC
Missoula, MT
Salt Lake City, UT
Las Vegas, NV
Tijuana, MX
Los Angeles, CA
San Luis Obispo, CA
Oakland, CA

We're going to be far from home so any advice is highly appreciated. I want to hear any and all travel tips/food/must do things/places I should try to skate, even though my time for that will be limited. More specifically, for anyone who's ever gone to TJ, what tips would you give someone who's never been? Just looking for ways to make our tour as fun and smooth as possible. Thanks pals!
When you're in Oly eat at the Reef downtown or Nom Nom Deli for really cheap Bahn Mi. And absolutely go skate the Olympia Federal Savings bank

baustin

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 09:25:02 AM »
Departing for this trip in a few days. Anymore pointers?

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 07:15:40 PM »
SF
Food: Any taqueria in the Mission will serve you well. One near the Soma Park is Pancho Villa Taqueria. If you want an epic view plus a fun bomb, drive up to the Top of Twin Peaks and bomb down towards Clarendon Avenue.

Arcata:
There's a fun little skatepark out there that was built a long time ago. If you all need herb, stop at the Satori Wellness Collective in McKinleyville (same owner as the Satori Movement , who I work for).

Vancouver, BC: So many rad parks. The Peter Sullivan Skatepark in West Vancouver is really fun. Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge is a fun hike zone. There's a placed called The Dime with super cheap good food. I think everything is $5. Bons Off Broadway is another spot, I think its like $2 breakfast or something.

Portland, OR: Burnside if you haven't been, otherwise the Zoo Bomb is super fun but I don't know the route off the top of my head.

Oakland, CA: Lower Bobs, DeFremery Park are fun. Treasure Island has a rad DIY worth checking if you are crossing from SF to Oakland or vice versa.

Salt Lake City: Tree of Life if you are heading on 80west out of Salt Lake City is a funky ass moon looking transition thing that has been heavily skated and is super tough. https://goo.gl/maps/YT8c92RbYNL2

Las Vegas has a shit ton of fun ditches. I'd probably hit up a shop there and find out some recommendations as its been years for me.

Morro Bay near San Luis Obispo is pretty cool nature zone.

Side note, whats the name of your band? I'll be in a lot of those places on your list over the next month or so, would be stoked to check out a show if I'm around.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:18:19 PM by tkp »

baustin

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 10:03:27 AM »
SF
Food: Any taqueria in the Mission will serve you well. One near the Soma Park is Pancho Villa Taqueria. If you want an epic view plus a fun bomb, drive up to the Top of Twin Peaks and bomb down towards Clarendon Avenue.

Arcata:
There's a fun little skatepark out there that was built a long time ago. If you all need herb, stop at the Satori Wellness Collective in McKinleyville (same owner as the Satori Movement , who I work for).

Vancouver, BC: So many rad parks. The Peter Sullivan Skatepark in West Vancouver is really fun. Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge is a fun hike zone. There's a placed called The Dime with super cheap good food. I think everything is $5. Bons Off Broadway is another spot, I think its like $2 breakfast or something.

Portland, OR: Burnside if you haven't been, otherwise the Zoo Bomb is super fun but I don't know the route off the top of my head.

Oakland, CA: Lower Bobs, DeFremery Park are fun. Treasure Island has a rad DIY worth checking if you are crossing from SF to Oakland or vice versa.

Salt Lake City: Tree of Life if you are heading on 80west out of Salt Lake City is a funky ass moon looking transition thing that has been heavily skated and is super tough. https://goo.gl/maps/YT8c92RbYNL2

Las Vegas has a shit ton of fun ditches. I'd probably hit up a shop there and find out some recommendations as its been years for me.

Morro Bay near San Luis Obispo is pretty cool nature zone.

Side note, whats the name of your band? I'll be in a lot of those places on your list over the next month or so, would be stoked to check out a show if I'm around.

Thanks for the info! We’re called Judy and the Jerks. We just play fast and whacky punk if you’re into that sorta thing. If you search us up on Facebook you’ll probably see some of the event pages for the shows. Tour starts August 1st in SF and goes on except we’re gonna be in Oly for 2 days and taking a day off between SLC and Vegas to check out the Grand Canyon. 

https://judyandthejerks.bandcamp.com/album/alive-at-the-skatepark

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 01:00:34 PM »
I usually go to tj to party but they got “el parque de la bandera” this little park under a huge mexican flag it’s the go-to safe spot for skate action which is mostly street. Although Nowadays tj is fairly safe don’t too out there to another skatepark.
Go grub at TELEFONICA they got a shitload of foodtrucks and craft beer and cute babes.

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.