Author Topic: Nike SB: Ishod’s “Back On My BS” New Part  (Read 30028 times)

feedmeseymour

Re: Nike SB: Ishod’s “Back On My BS” New Part
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »
god damn that was good, smoked a blunt with him at a party like 8 years ago, nicest dude and always kills it.

listentoaheartbeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2018, 12:44:48 PM »
He is one of the few people who make skateboarding at this level look desirable.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2235
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2018, 12:55:12 PM »
Great song. First time I ever grinded up on a girl on the dancefloor was to Return Of The Mack. I thought I was going to ejaculate in my pants.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2018, 01:03:49 PM »
i have no words. that was beautiful  :')

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »
Expand Quote
That was beautiful.

Ishod desreves to be the next person in line at Nike to take over Paul’s spot as “The Guy” and getting multiple pro models shoes.
[close]
Him and Grant deserve more than the colorways they're receiving. I guess they're trying to overcorrect after giving a pro shoe to Omar Salazar and accidentally making Janoski a millionaire.

I think colorways are just the way the industry is/has been trending.

Also, the “Nike mad how much money Janoski made” narrative has got to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. 

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2018, 01:53:05 PM »

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming

IHOP

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2018, 07:43:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That was beautiful.

Ishod desreves to be the next person in line at Nike to take over Paul’s spot as “The Guy” and getting multiple pro models shoes.
[close]
Him and Grant deserve more than the colorways they're receiving. I guess they're trying to overcorrect after giving a pro shoe to Omar Salazar and accidentally making Janoski a millionaire.
[close]

I think colorways are just the way the industry is/has been trending.

Also, the “Nike mad how much money Janoski made” narrative has got to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

How is that dumb? they literally bought his name off of him so they wouldn't have to pay him anymore, and since then do not give out pro model shoes just colorways.  The CK got replaced by a toe capped blazer, and the gt became just a regular blazer low.

I can fully understand how nike would be bummed when a brand with so many classic shoes, had their highest selling shoe designed by a skateboarder and got royalties off of every pair sold.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2018, 08:06:30 PM »
No they didn't. He has said it himself several times. One of them was on the bunt. Go listen to it.

empty tha clip

• Rep: -4
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2018, 09:01:03 PM »
only skater that matters

IHOP

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2018, 10:30:56 PM »
No they didn't. He has said it himself several times. One of them was on the bunt. Go listen to it.

You're right, my bad.  I will still argue that nike saw the success a shoes with someones name on it had, and then stopped giving pro models and moved on to colorways.  which maybe doesnt fall under "nike mad at janoski" but I would say its in the same train of thought.

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2018, 02:32:30 AM »
After repeated viewings, I'm going to say it has the quality of PJ's WHL.

Timeless.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2018, 02:37:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're right, my bad.  I will still argue that nike saw the success a shoes with someones name on it had, and then stopped giving pro models and moved on to colorways.  which maybe doesnt fall under "nike mad at janoski" but I would say its in the same train of thought.

Why would they be upset at that?  I guarantee they make more off of that shoe than the $5-$10 he makes off each one.   

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2018, 01:27:31 PM »
the Mack never left

Pretty Serious

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2018, 01:57:35 PM »
What everyone else said.  The man has a gift.

IHOP

« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2018, 03:31:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why would they be upset at that?  I guarantee they make more off of that shoe than the $5-$10 he makes off each one.

Nike royalties are way closer to .25 .50 per shoes, which may seem like dirt, but in a season or two that can easily add up to 10,000+.  Nike does make more money, but they could just pay someone a couple thousand one time for one color.  Shoe companies are petty, its the same reason blazer lows/vans/most shoes now dont come with extra laces. .10 on every shoe adds up quick. 

doesnt really matter, im not even nike just wanted to point out shoe companies want to keep the money they make wherever they can.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2018, 05:32:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nike royalties are way closer to .25 .50 per shoes, which may seem like dirt, but in a season or two that can easily add up to 10,000+.  Nike does make more money, but they could just pay someone a couple thousand one time for one color.  Shoe companies are petty, its the same reason blazer lows/vans/most shoes now dont come with extra laces. .10 on every shoe adds up quick. 

doesnt really matter, im not even nike just wanted to point out shoe companies want to keep the money they make wherever they can.

I was just basing it off of pro colorways cost 5 dollars more than regular ones.  Where did you hear that little?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2018, 07:21:22 PM »
 Some of the best hardflips since B Herm

stranded

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2018, 07:54:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was just basing it off of pro colorways cost 5 dollars more than regular ones.  Where did you hear that little?

They also get a base salary, in addition to royalties, if they’re fully on.

Nike has always been picky about giving people pro-models. Other than Michael Jordan and Lebron, I can only think of Anthony Carmelo (whose shoes were through Jordan).

They’re looking for people who can bring in customers internationally. They pay the top guys well who also get to go on nice trips and make the company look good. Then, they can get away with giving flow boxes and photo incentives to dudes in South America. Omar is the only exception for pro shoes on Nike, but he was killing it in the years surrounding Mindfield. Him having a pro shoe probably didn’t increase revenue from South American countries, so they picked up Luan a couple years later. Considering he had a Toyota sponsorship, I wouldn’t be surprised if Omar low-key had an agent for negotiating sponsorships.

augor

• Rep: -25
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2018, 09:20:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They also get a base salary, in addition to royalties, if they’re fully on.

Nike has always been picky about giving people pro-models. Other than Michael Jordan and Lebron, I can only think of Anthony Carmelo (whose shoes were through Jordan).

They’re looking for people who can bring in customers internationally. They pay the top guys well who also get to go on nice trips and make the company look good. Then, they can get away with giving flow boxes and photo incentives to dudes in South America. Omar is the only exception for pro shoes on Nike, but he was killing it in the years surrounding Mindfield. Him having a pro shoe probably didn’t increase revenue from South American countries, so they picked up Luan a couple years later. Considering he had a Toyota sponsorship, I wouldn’t be surprised if Omar low-key had an agent for negotiating sponsorships.

Kobe
Kyrie
Kevin Durant
Paul George
Russell Westbrook
And that's just current Nike/Jordan Basketball. Keep in mind they have "pro" models for other sports as well. Tennis, Football, Soccer, Baseball also don't forget that one of the best selling shoes of the 90s was a Bo Jackson cross trainer

stranded

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2018, 09:58:46 PM »
^
I was trying to compare people who have shoes in the double digits like P-Rod but you’re right.

Also, didn’t they just use Bo Jackson to market the Air Trainer 3, or did he design it? (I was too young around that time, but I’ve read a decent amount on Nike and shoe history in general.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2018, 12:03:24 AM »
Goddamn that got me fucking stoked, gonna be on repeat for a minute

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2018, 04:34:13 AM »
Opening lines are glorious

thebacker

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2018, 08:19:56 AM »
someone stop em

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2018, 09:12:32 AM »
Great song. First time I ever grinded up on a girl on the dancefloor was to Return Of The Mack. I thought I was going to ejaculate in my pants.
Gnar'd.

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2018, 01:34:18 PM »
Simply put, Ishod is NJ's finest.

Sick track and trick selection, dude is a straight G.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2018, 06:25:10 AM »
I can't imagine Ishod trying for any of these tricks. I don't want to see him falling, just to maintain the effortlessness picture.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »
with the exception of a manual trick, literally every base was covered.
also, those Ghetto Wear shorts. looking good.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2018, 03:43:01 PM »
He’s fucking amazing. There’s something about the expression on his face before and after tricks that make every clip gold! It’s a combination of confidence, arrogance and pure enjoyment for what he’s doing. I love it.

tre flip to tongue-out-pole-wiggle away is such  special moment. ishod is out here playing around and clowning on stomping these tricks. perfect.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2018, 05:27:42 PM »
I always worry when someone sticks their tongue out while skating. Biebel was at the top of my prayer list for years over this.