Author Topic: Adobe CC Subscription  (Read 1671 times)

slop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Adobe CC Subscription
« on: December 06, 2018, 08:09:21 PM »
I'm looking at getting the full adobe cc, its expensive though.
Any tips on how to get a better deal?

Friend of mine said theyve talked to the 24/hr chat thing and managed to negotiate a deal for being a loyal customer.. i havent had a subscribtion before though..

also, you can only activate the licence on 2 computers, then only use one at a time. anyone had any experience trying to get that bumped up? it seems the cost for an additional licence is like 4cents off double the cost of one.

I am doing other research, just thought i'd float this here incase anyone has gone through this recently and uncovered any helpful info.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
Re: Adobe CC Subscription
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 08:29:59 PM »
Do you need all the programs or specific ones? I know they have cheaper options for photographers, which is just Lightroom and Photoshop, so they might have smaller bundles. Also, this would probably be irrelevant to you unless you're a photographer, but I just got my whole year waived ($600) because I passed over 300 approved images to sell on Adobe Stock site.

Irvine-Sucks.com

slop

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 09:24:29 PM »
yeah, i need photoshop/illustrator/indesign and just want a couple of the others for fun.
the photography deal for pshop/lightroom is ok, other individual programs cost about a 3rd of the monthly price for all of them. it works out at an aditional 9c (australian) to get every program rather than the photog deal + ill/indes

i've got cs6 at the moment, easier times, but i cant open alot of newer files. thought i had the budget to upgrade but it just costs about twice what i expected.

will see how i go negotiating with them online

doittomebaby

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 02:21:45 AM »

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 04:27:58 AM »
I have CS6 on my personal computer but use CC at work and stuff, which now means I use my work computer for any personal design work. I think it's a worthwhile jump between the two. I just hate the subscription model.

Cracked versions are good. A friend of mine gave me illustrator CC and photoshop CC on a flashdrive that lets you boot off it. To bad there for PC though and I'm on MAC. But I'm pretty sure some bootlegged versions exist if you look in the right spots.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 06:31:30 AM »
It depends on what you need it for. If you're using it on more than two computers at the same time there's a reasonable assumption you are operating as a studio and that costs more as it should. Takes money to make money for everybody.  My employer pays for mine but if they didn't I would still pay for it myself.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 07:14:29 AM »
Don't be a cock and just steal it. Everything for free, very easy.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/sjain_guides/comments/9g4t2u/adobe_cc_2018_full_indepth_guide_to_installing/#ampf=undefined

ive got the whole creative suite or w/e (bridge/premiere/photoshop/illustrator/aftereffects) installed like this and it works like a charm. no qualms or or options not working (as far as ive noticed)

Kel Varnsen

• Rep: 4
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 07:20:37 AM »
Do you have a student email, or access to an old one? That gets you a nice little discount too. I think you're supposed to submit some kind of evidence that you're still enrolled in a program, but I finished my graduate degree three years ago and haven't seen an increase.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 08:01:27 AM »
Do you have a student email, or access to an old one? That gets you a nice little discount too. I think you're supposed to submit some kind of evidence that you're still enrolled in a program, but I finished my graduate degree three years ago and haven't seen an increase.

I was going to bring this up.

The student discount goessss. Normally it's what, like $53/USD a month? Last time I checked, it's only like $20 with a student discount. You have to plug in an active student ID for it to work though. But since I'm missed signing up for classes this past semester, I'm randomly paying like $35USD/month for some reason.

Anyone know why that's going on with that?

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 08:13:31 AM »
Are you on a mac? There's a one click way to get the entire CC subscription for free. I've had mine for a few years and updated the software recently with no problems.

First download the CC cloud program and install the 30 day trials for the programs you want from the official Adobe website. Don't open anything when they're done installing. There's a app called Adobe zii or something like that. Put that in the folder where all the adobe applications installed. Then run the Adobe zii app and it patches everything for you. Takes less than 5 minutes. The longest part is installing the Adobe programs.

Do a little research on that and you'll see tutorials and whatnot.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:15:16 AM by Chatbot »

slop

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 08:50:35 AM »
Cheers for the feedback, i appreciate it.
I'll give you all a rundown of how I went.

Background-
While at uni for the last few years I've also been working freelance at home on a pc using a free copy of cs6,
using the old version had minor impact because I could just open and backsave files at school (or work in the labs)
But I just finished my course (yay) and got myself a new laptop to celebrate.
Need the adobe suite somehow, at least pshop, ills + indesign
I've got a job lined up and the office comp is fully sorted, but I still want to be able to do my own stuff from home and little of both from the lappy. There's some tax claims in there at the least.

Todays efforts-
Now that I'm going back to full time work and I'll earn some money, I feel like it'd be right to pay for the programs, I'm not making enough that i wanna spend quite that much though.
My attempt negotiating a deal failed miserably. just shut down with a flat no.
My idea with multiple licences was to split it with a friend, but that seems trickier and not as viable as I thought it might be. makes sense that Adobe would be onto that.
I've finished the uni course but haven't actually graduated yet, so I did manage to get in on the student deal which is around 40% of the regular price, and then even cheaper because I paid for the year upfront (got 2 months free).
Still a bit of a chunk to drop at once. But hey, I'm starting the new job in the new year so if ever there was a time to blow savings on shit, this is it.

Short version-
Paid for it. In the end the total cost worked out to almost exactly the same as 4 months fee at the rate i was looking at this morning. (~$200usd/year) calling that a win.

slop

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 09:08:05 AM »

The student discount goessss. Normally it's what, like $53/USD a month? Last time I checked, it's only like $20 with a student discount. You have to plug in an active student ID for it to work though. But since I'm missed signing up for classes this past semester, I'm randomly paying like $35USD/month for some reason.

Anyone know why that's going on with that?

Weird... The student rate i got was guaranteed for a year, then it it said it'd go up a bit.
maybe that's to help you transition from student to full price. which is cool if so.
maybe that is what happened to yours? had it a year?
Or they're just writing in projected pricing jumps.

cant speak on prices for sure, i'm in australia so the prices are all in dollarydoos. ~1usd:1.4aud

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 09:49:31 AM »
They did a black friday sale, which started a week prior and lasted til the day after. $40 a month opposed to the $57 a month (is that the normal price?). I bought it, havent even used it yet. Will do soon though.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 02:19:32 AM »

Little Debbie

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 05:17:26 PM »
Are you on a mac? There's a one click way to get the entire CC subscription for free. I've had mine for a few years and updated the software recently with no problems.

First download the CC cloud program and install the 30 day trials for the programs you want from the official Adobe website. Don't open anything when they're done installing. There's a app called Adobe zii or something like that. Put that in the folder where all the adobe applications installed. Then run the Adobe zii app and it patches everything for you. Takes less than 5 minutes. The longest part is installing the Adobe programs.

Do a little research on that and you'll see tutorials and whatnot.
wow, you are a godsend. thanks for this!!!

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 06:25:01 PM »
Thanks for that patch info. I thought I did it right on my new computer but my trial days ended and it said I had to subscribe but I just ran the patch and it works.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!