Author Topic: How old are you and how often do you skate?  (Read 16860 times)

Trashcon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
Re: How old are you and how often do you skate?
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »
30, about once a week. There are weeks when I skate about three times.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2018, 03:20:50 AM »
I'm 39 and in the summer I try to skate every day for at least half an hour. If im with my friends then a session can easily last 3+hours, just like in the old days. I love skateboarding more than ever. If you skate 2 hours every day for 6 months then i guarantee you will progress just as fast as you did as a child. Of course at this age injuries often block you from skating 6 months straight.

ralf_

• Rep: -32
  • yo
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2018, 03:37:42 AM »
im 25. i skate either evry day or not in weeks. in case of the latter, ill be working some place for said weeks and will try to have a board around for sanity, like cruise around and do sum shuvs for an accumulated amount of 30 minutes a day.
fun fun fun

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2018, 04:29:54 AM »
40 I skate 3 to 4 times a week depending on weather,heat & humidity is something I abhor.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

active_shooter

« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2018, 04:34:15 AM »
45, and I'm very fortunate if I can skate once a week. I try for twice a week, but yeah, that doesn't happen often.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2018, 04:44:00 AM »
45, and I'm very fortunate if I can skate once a week. I try for twice a week, but yeah, that doesn't happen often.
My knees hurt the worst after a long session but well worth it, seems to me the chances I get to skate I'm maintaining the bag of tricks I have maybe a few new ones but holding down the ones I got.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

kickflip sex change

• Rep: -5
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2018, 05:10:47 AM »
26, I skate 2 or 3 times a week, I'm a filmer so sometimes I just go film and dont skate for like 2 weeks or something, which sucks, but still cool af to film lol

been skating for around 15 years if I'm not mistaken

active_shooter

« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2018, 05:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My knees hurt the worst after a long session but well worth it, seems to me the chances I get to skate I'm maintaining the bag of tricks I have maybe a few new ones but holding down the ones I got.
For me, the "warm up" is rough to get through, then when I'm warmed up, it's almost time to leave. My knees always hurt, I do believe it's something that I'll be living with and getting used to.

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2018, 06:15:47 AM »
33 once a year

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2018, 06:33:39 AM »
31 & 2-3 times a week.

I commute 2-3 hours a day, but it's still light beyond 10 pm, so can still manage an hour or so during the week. Get completely shut down by the Scottish winter.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2018, 07:07:11 AM »
almost 36, not enough...

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2018, 08:58:01 AM »
33. Was skating a couple times a week thanks to working freelance and from home, but I've been injured since the end of March so not at all since then and it sucks mountainous balls.

EAT PUSSY!

• Rep: 29
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2018, 09:04:36 AM »
36 y/o, 3 ACLs surgeries and I skate average of 3x a week (mostly flatground and an DIY).

It's not easy to have 36 but I feel better than ever. I also run 10k on thursday before work and lift weight so I can keep my legs strong due to all the ACL surgeries.

running is too good, everyone should do that.

jawano

• Rep: -16
« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »
33. Every day is my goal but I rarely achieve it. It's more like 3-5 times per week, usually an hour per session.

Lately with the heat I can't skate during the day. It's been +100 degrees for awhile now, and while I love to skate, I just can't go in that kind of heat for too long. It makes it more like work and less like play. So I have to go in the early morning before work or wait until after 8:00 p.m. I hate skating at night because that's when I seem to hit pebbles and eat shit the most. So right now I'm a bit limited in when I can skate. Sucks.

Also, I squat and deadlift at the gym regularly, which seems to help my ability to take slams and be durable, but it does add fatigue into the equation. I hate to admit that I'm getting older, but nowadays I have to regulate my activity frequency and pay attention to rest and recovery.

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2018, 11:44:07 AM »
Also, I squat and deadlift at the gym regularly
This is mainly the reason i skate less, between working, getting home at 6, heading to the gym eat dinner, its time for bed, rinse and repeat. But I'm curious as to how i'm going to feel on my board for a real session since the 6-7 months I've been in the gym heavy.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2018, 11:49:28 AM »
40 and i skate once a week regularly though sometimes its more like 3-4. i could definitely skate more than once a week but i often have a hard time finding the motivation which i cant explain.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
39 and 2 or 3 times a week. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Gipper

• Rep: -15
  • Lesbianthespian
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2018, 09:14:02 AM »
I'm 62 and take my grandkids to the skatepark once a week to get some transitition. I bomb the occasional hill, but mostly just flatground near my house.

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2018, 11:25:12 AM »
31 in less than a month. Very rarely by now.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2018, 11:31:56 AM »
45 years old , I try n skate 3 times a week.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2018, 11:57:15 AM »
Impressed with some of you old farts.

I'll be 29 in about a week and I barely skate, at least lately. In part it's because I've been too broke to buy a new pair of shoes. Anytime I get a little extra money I spend it on books.

No flippy tricks when I do get out, but it still feels great to cruise.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2018, 12:34:27 PM »
26 skate 3-4 times a week usually.
At least one of those days I’m just pushing around cruising hills. Pushing switch long distances Feels good on my back

Harry in Your Pocket

• Rep: -20
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2018, 02:02:18 PM »
47. Not all this year. Too many injuries has me scared. I was never any good to begin with. Plus, I certainly don't belong at all in this world of skateboarding. Doubt I ever belonged, even when starting back in the early 80's.

I sure had some fun, but it's all nostalgia now. My two older sons like skateboarding but they don't do it much. Still have another son, 8 years old coming up, and perhaps he'll be into it.

Plus I'm a shitty skateboarder. We typically don't do things we suck at, that often.

I like reading about it now and watching a clip or two here or there.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2018, 02:20:17 PM »
31 & 2-3 times a week.

I commute 2-3 hours a day, but it's still light beyond 10 pm, so can still manage an hour or so during the week. Get completely shut down by the Scottish winter.

The Winters up here are shite eh! Im lucky if I get out once a month during the winter

Im 29 and since we moved out to the shire I can only squeeze in a couple hours between Work and other shit once a week MAX.. I hated it at first BUT now I appreciate those hours so much that its a rad sesh every time

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2018, 03:04:45 PM »
36 y/o, 3 ACLs surgeries and I skate average of 3x a week (mostly flatground and an DIY).

It's not easy to have 36 but I feel better than ever. I also run 10k on thursday before work and lift weight so I can keep my legs strong due to all the ACL surgeries.

running is too good, everyone should do that.

Triple ACL gang whatup my fellow cripple. the weather hurts this week don’t it?

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2018, 03:06:42 PM »
harry crews, that is sad and i hope you still go out and skate sometimes even if you don't fit in or whatever. being old is like being a young child and by that i mean anything you can do is good by dint of you're 47.

hmmmokay

« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »
26, probably 3-4 days a week of actual skate sessions. had a minor injury the past couple weeks so I've been hiking a bunch instead. But I've been feelin' good the last couple of days so I'd like to bump that up to 4-5 days a week even if its just by myself; I miss actually progressing/learning new shit.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2018, 05:17:08 PM »
over 40, I am constantly injured, 3-5 days a week depending

whaaaaat

• Rep: 49
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2018, 05:26:18 PM »
32.  Hardly ever.  I got a baby and I commute super far to work, so the little time I'm home I'm playing dad/husband.  I have other excuses too if you want them.  Beer mainly.  When I lived in SF it was so easy to skate every day - just go outside and throw the board down.  Now I live in relatively rural Washington and it's not so easy.  But I'm getting ~600 sq ft of concrete put in at my house in a few weeks that will support a qp and some ledges and I'm super hyped at the thought of skating being really accessible again.  Might even learn some new tricks, who knows. 

Stony Hawk

• Rep: 5
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2018, 06:47:40 PM »
I’m 42.  I skate on average 1-2 times per month.  It’s not much but after 30+years of skating and 3 knee surgeries it’s finally taken it’s toll on my body and that’s about all I can handle.  I’d do it over and over if I could.  I have such great memories of being able to skate 8 hours a day in the Florida heat and humidity pain free.  Great times.  I may not have ever climbed Mt Everest but I know I’ve seen what my body is capable of and that is so much more than most can say.
EMAIL ME YOUR DANKEST NUGS