Author Topic: How old are you and how often do you skate?  (Read 16859 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: How old are you and how often do you skate?
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2018, 07:01:07 PM »
I’m 42.  I skate on average 1-2 times per month.  It’s not much but after 30+years of skating and 3 knee surgeries it’s finally taken it’s toll on my body and that’s about all I can handle.  I’d do it over and over if I could.  I have such great memories of being able to skate 8 hours a day in the Florida heat and humidity pain free.  Great times.  I may not have ever climbed Mt Everest but I know I’ve seen what my body is capable of and that is so much more than most can say.

We out here

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2018, 08:23:09 PM »
I'm 23, I try to skate everyday after work if possible normally I get 4-5 sessions in a week, most times I skate for 45 mins to an hour and a half, week days I normally skate a manual pad or flat bar with one or two skaters that live super close to me, I personally don't mind skating alone, so at least once or twice a week I skate alone and try to learn a new trick. I try to go to a park every weekend for a couple hours or out skating with a larger group of friends.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2018, 08:46:43 PM »
most of my life (roughly 13 through 29) i'd be out 4-6 days a week depending on the weather in upstate ny and new england. i'd even manage around 3 a week with indoor ramps and parks throughout the winter.

I'm 30, moved to Los Angeles and hardly skate now. When I'd commute the train from Koreatown to Santa Monica,  I'd skate Lafayette on the way home and rough out 2-3 times a week. I'm working freelance in West Hollywood and I'm maybe out once a week. I work a lot, commute is long, it's not as easy to meet up with friends casually, and summer is too hot for me to only want to go to parks. I'm lucky to have Lafayette only a few blocks down otherwise I'd hardly get any skating in. This seems like a dumb lifestyle that I haven't figured out yet.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2018, 10:59:17 PM »
33 years old and skating about 2-3 times a week. Who would have thought having kids would take up so much time?  ???

Yu Dum

« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2018, 05:50:34 AM »
I’m 24 and usually skate at least or 5 days out of the week. Save two to spend time with my lady.

I work early mornings into the early afternoon, so I’m able to get out everyday if I truly want to. It just sucks because I can feel my knees getting worse the longer I work at this bakery.
Oh, well..it pays the bills and keeps me skating.

EAT PUSSY!

• Rep: 29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2018, 08:59:12 AM »
Expand Quote
36 y/o, 3 ACLs surgeries and I skate average of 3x a week (mostly flatground and an DIY).

It's not easy to have 36 but I feel better than ever. I also run 10k on thursday before work and lift weight so I can keep my legs strong due to all the ACL surgeries.

running is too good, everyone should do that.
[close]

Triple ACL gang whatup my fellow cripple. the weather hurts this week don’t it?

2x on my right leg and 1x on my lefty.

never felt anything after surgery, probably because I did all the PT and shit, and like I said, I keep my legs strong in order to mitigate future injuries.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2018, 09:15:16 AM »
29, been out with injury for 2 mo so never. When healthy I skate 3-4 times a week. I still suck though.