Author Topic: Velco Skate Shoes  (Read 968 times)

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Velco Skate Shoes
« on: July 21, 2018, 12:11:38 AM »
Being injured and scouring the internet for things to buy I came up with something I definitely need! I wanna go back to the good days of my childhood when shoes didn't have complex fucking laces but velcro instead! Might be much nicer for skating too.

What are the options out there? I don't want to buy Nike. Adidas seems to have the Matchcourt CF, which looks decent but I'd rather not buy Adidas either and it doesn't seem to be very widely available anymore. Vans has the Old Skool V Pro, but those are not simple enough. The Vans Prison Issue looks good but skating normal Vans doesn't appeal to me and they're not very widely available either. Any other options out there?

Did I miss out on this trend? Did it ever really take off? Will it come back? Did anyone skate any velcro shoes? How were they? Did they take you back to simpler times like when you were a kid?

stranded

Re: Velco Skate Shoes
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 12:57:53 AM »
HUF Boyd came/comes in velcro.

Evan Smith Hi comes in velcro for $90, if you’re cool with the pricetag and DC.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 01:54:30 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.

The HUF Boyd Velcro in black & white looks perfect. Seems to be sold out pretty much everywhere though. Gotta keep on searching if I can find a pair somewhere that ships to Finland for a decent price.

I'm cool with DC and that Evan Smith V Hi looks kinda cool but for some reason I'd rather prefer a low top velcro shoe.

IHOP

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 10:20:25 PM »
Does not buying nike mean you also dont buy cons?  Seen al davis wearing some one star velcros I assume will be coming out soon

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 11:16:48 PM »
Yeah. Cons is a no for me also. Fuck them for backing that nazi! I can find those HUF Boyds in white for a decent price but the black ones I would have to order directly from HUF and they'd end up costing almost 100€ with shipping and customs and taxes, which is a bit much.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 05:42:09 AM »
Yeah. Cons is a no for me also. Fuck them for backing that nazi! I can find those HUF Boyds in white for a decent price but the black ones I would have to order directly from HUF and they'd end up costing almost 100€ with shipping and customs and taxes, which is a bit much.

I hate to say this, but have you tried Amazon?