Author Topic: Do urethane wheels feel just like plastic? Becose... Someone please respond  (Read 959 times)

AnthonyFromMacedonia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Do urethane wheels feel just like plastic? Becose... my board is set up 100% correctly and it doesnt roll well. Its a 20 dollar skateboard so im pretty sure the wheels are plastic. And if they are that solves the case. But idk what urethane wheels feel like so i may be incorrect? Are they as same as platic and do they sound like they will almost crack in half when you drop them from 2 feet?

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
plastic wheels are garbage but this is why people don't buy cheap skateboards unless its for a small child

here is a thread about wheels http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.1200
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
Jump in the middle of the board with both your feet to see if its good quality wood
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
Do urethane wheels feel just like plastic? Becose... my board is set up 100% correctly and it doesnt roll well. Its a 20 dollar skateboard so im pretty sure the wheels are plastic. And if they are that solves the case. But idk what urethane wheels feel like so i may be incorrect? Are they as same as platic and do they sound like they will almost crack in half when you drop them from 2 feet?

If you drop the wheel, it should come back in your hand (or deflect somewhere else). Urethane wheels rebound while plastic ones hit the ground in a thud. If you paid 20 dollars for a new board, I would assume everything else on it is shit too. Cheap completes are generally a bad investment since you'll end up buying a new setup soon. Sounds like you already pissed away $20.

AnthonyFromMacedonia

Expand Quote
[close]

If you drop the wheel, it should come back in your hand (or deflect somewhere else). Urethane wheels rebound while plastic ones hit the ground in a thud. If you paid 20 dollars for a new board, I would assume everything else on it is shit too. Cheap completes are generally a bad investment since you'll end up buying a new setup soon. Sounds like you already pissed away $20.
The board and grip are great and they fit me great. Trucks are really bad so i replaced them with my oldschool skate variflex truck, I think theyre good. For the wheels im gonna have to buy new ones

AnthonyFromMacedonia

Jump in the middle of the board with both your feet to see if its good quality wood
The board and grips are great. The trucks wheels and bearings are shit. but its all good i replaced all that for free

AnthonyFromMacedonia

plastic wheels are garbage but this is why people don't buy cheap skateboards unless its for a small child

here is a thread about wheels http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.1200
Thanks. Oh and i think i fucking bought a junior board lol but the deck is not that small its 7.75 perfect for me.i think