Author Topic: dopesick movies  (Read 1237 times)

shark tits

dopesick movies
« on: July 22, 2018, 07:55:42 PM »
there's lots of opiate addicts on here in various stages of abuse and recovery. shit, maybe severe alcoholics can relate too?
for anyways, when i'm dopesick, i can't change the channel. it's all i can do to be miserable and watch a show. movies hit me on a different emotional level when i'm dopesick. you can really get engrossed in some turd level cinema!
some of my favorites.
dead calm. i've watched it a few X.
kentucky fried movie. damn that movie sucked my ass it smells!
falling for you w/ jennie garth. b movie shitpile w/ billy dee williams as a detective and a suave bad guy who reminds me of sexualhelon.
some other jennie garth movie where she's in a kid's prison for profit and her dad is paul sorvino. or maybe the warden of the jail? i forget.
mike's murderer w/ a young debra messing. saw that a few x.
wolf creek [tv series] about a girl who's family is killed by a wild aussie redneck and she tracks him down for REVENGE! [pantera voice].
forensice files [super depressing but i know a bunch of stories, a cop in texas shot a woman in the face then claimed self defense]. a black kid in nyc shot a cop and one of his codefendants ran to africa. another in dc but then he shot hijmself. a guy in texas kills a cab driver and his wife, blames the cab driver.
mad shit and you're too weak to change the channel but w/out these awful movies, time would've gone slower.

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: dopesick movies
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 11:27:40 PM »
From what I remember, I did not do shit when I was sick. Spent most of the time trying to score money, or even better, dope. I'll post again if I remember something.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 04:27:10 AM »
Never touched dope. During death-level hangovers, I would watch 8 hours of gangland or from here to eternity on TUrner classic movies.

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 05:12:01 AM »
Yeah music becomes heightened too.

I used to watch a lot of Simpsons dope sick but uh heres a list of movies I thought were especially good and emotional while withdrawling from the devil itself.

Good Will Hunting.

Public Enemies : They're looking at me because they're not used to having a girl in their restaurant in a $3 dress.

John Dillinger: Listen, doll. That's 'cause they're all about where people come from. The only thing that's important is where someone's going.   Lots of good quotes in that movie but that one gave me chills.

Office Space. 

Cloud Atlas. I saw that dope sick and It was not even a movie it was a genuine experience.

The place beyond the pines.

Prisoners. I saw it in the theatres and the supsense and intimacy of the film blew me away. I watched it again sober and not sick and it was still so fucking good.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 08:06:35 AM »
Cloud Atlas? Don't do drugs kids.

jomeara1

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 08:16:17 AM »

I watched all 3 hours of that movie and can’t think of a single thing of what it’s about.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 09:02:45 AM »
lost friends, dated an addict for a while while she was recovering (or so i thought), shit is so awful, and makes your life just a vicious circle of scoring, shooting and trying to get money, while turning into a sociopath. shit never ends. just smoke weed like the rest of us.

shark tits

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 09:15:17 AM »
i been of that shit but something reminded me of the b movies i'd watch.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 09:20:23 AM »
youre one of the few to make it out alive then, good shit. i understand the whole thing, i just hear about it so much lately in the real world with people i know. its frustrating dealing with it when you never touched the stuff but people you love are consumed by it.

but if i wanted to watch something while i was nodding out, or puking from being sick, it would probably be hook with robin williams and dustin hoffman.

shark tits

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 09:26:10 AM »
youre one of the few to make it out alive then, good shit. i understand the whole thing, i just hear about it so much lately in the real world with people i know. its frustrating dealing with it when you never touched the stuff but people you love are consumed by it.

but if i wanted to watch something while i was nodding out, or puking from being sick, it would probably be hook with robin williams and dustin hoffman.
thanks, i think there's more of us  than you'd think, death just makes a cooler story. plus it's more stigmatized than alcohol so people are less prone to bragging about their sobriety from other stuff.
for me, dramas are good because you're suffering along w/ the protagonist. you really feel lit in a way we're too numb to usually. also, being prisoner of whatever channel it's on because it's too much energy to come out of your blanket roll to try and find another show.
for me the thread is stuff you've suffered through but maybe remember fondly.

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 10:10:44 AM »

Haha seriously.. the book was good though!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 10:31:23 AM »
its frustrating dealing with it when you never touched the stuff but people you love are consumed by it.

You don't have to understand. I'll tell you from my experience:

People on dope are useless. The whole point is to get consumed with drugs and, even worse, living "the life style".

What is the life style?

Hanging out with people you hate. Fucking over every person they meet. Being obsessed with finding money. Living under the impression that you cannot quit because you so fucking unique/damaged/edgy/whatever. And most of all; being too afraid to take responsibility to, at least, try to to improve one's shitty personality.

Typical quotes:

"I've tried every thing!"
"AA is not for me."
"I need this."
"I'll quit soon."
"You don't understand."

You're not missing any thing.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 08:11:32 PM »
The first few seasons of Workaholics. Attack on Titan. Always Sunny. Twin Peaks. My So-Called Life. The Office.

Those are some shows that helped me feel slightly less awful when going through horrible alcohol WDs.

I would watch stuff on https://www.arconaitv.us/ because I didn't have to get up, you don't have to even click anything every few episodes like Netflix, it's just an endless stream of tons of shows. Watching streams on Twitch.tv is always good too