Author Topic: Awkward (but not bad) Pro Encounters  (Read 16796 times)

tart.mommy

• Rep: 1
  • smd
Re: Awkward (but not bad) Pro Encounters
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2018, 12:44:43 PM »
Bobby Worrest - me and the hometown crew made it to camp woodward around 2009, 2010 ? Some Krooked pros were there that week, Bobby was for sure the most talkative. Im from Virginia, so he was a DC legend for us. I was wearing an oversize hand-me-down button shirt that i spray-pained 'Bad Brains' on, he was super stoked. We would meet up with him at the parks after lunch, I was hucking myself so hard to try and be cool, he was mad fun and would egg me and the other kids on. Super sick, and then there was a camp competition to show off cabinmates' group energy. We convinced Bobby Worrest to get David Clarke and join us during our run, which they did. It was fuckin hilarious honestly, we put on this goofy Bollywood song and just did stupid shit around the park followed closely by a guffawing Bobby Worrest and cheesing David Clarke. I guess it wasnt awkward to us, but I bet Bobby was tripped out lol

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -11
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2018, 09:30:19 PM »
Took my camera to the stay flared tour. Got a good shot of Jerry hsu doing a fakie flip over a hip that he was battling throughout (he did land it). After the demo, i saw him stumbling about. For some reason in my head i said, "go show him the picture".  So I walk up to him, he  watches me looking at him from a distance. I knew right there that he knew this was going to be awkward. So I say "Jerry, you wanna look at a photo?  I got a shot of your..." And at that moment, I don't know if I was too high, nervous to talk to a pro, especially someone I've watched for so long , or what but I forgot what trick or was. I'm standing there like a deer in headlights. It slowly staring coming back to me, but mind you this is in mid conversation. So it's weird as fuck. I remember that he popped off his nose and it flipped. So hesitantly i said, "I got a shot of your nnnnollie heel." He looks at me confused as I press his face to my camera LCD screenn. He looks at me dumbfounded, smelling of beer, and goes "ughh, that was a fakie flip", and walks away.
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2018, 09:48:12 PM »
I just remembered today that back at one of the Vans Pool parties I took a donut (from a box of a dozen) from Tom Remillard that he was actually offering to Andrew Allen,who was standing next to me. I also shook Spanky's hand,but didn't introduce myself or say whats up,because I was thinking of which name he'd want to be addressed by..we shared an awkward silent stare.

ballintoohard

• Rep: -3
« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2018, 01:58:22 PM »
Someone stole Paris Hilton's cellphone and published the phone book online. I saw Muska's number on there and cold called it and dude answered. A few weeks later we partied together in Phoenix. I had to pre-game solo because I was so nervous as he was a childhood hero, but he was so gone I doubt he remembers any of the dumb shit I said to be cool.

My worst pro encounter was skating Pier 7 for the first time and I accidentally snaked a Chocolate pro. I was so nervous of doing that that I didn't skate the first hour or two I was there. They focused my board and threw it off the Pier. Later, Karl Watson gave me his fairly new board.

hahahahaha

the best part is that in my mind the choco pro is crob

i'm going with york.

Bingo.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2018, 03:11:06 PM »
Someone stole Paris Hilton's cellphone and published the phone book online. I saw Muska's number on there and cold called it and dude answered. A few weeks later we partied together in Phoenix. I had to pre-game solo because I was so nervous as he was a childhood hero, but he was so gone I doubt he remembers any of the dumb shit I said to be cool.

My worst pro encounter was skating Pier 7 for the first time and I accidentally snaked a Chocolate pro. I was so nervous of doing that that I didn't skate the first hour or two I was there. They focused my board and threw it off the Pier. Later, Karl Watson gave me his fairly new board.

hahahahaha

the best part is that in my mind the choco pro is crob

i'm going with york.

Bingo.

i fucking KNEW it. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

csb711

• Rep: 5
« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2018, 08:20:20 PM »
I bothered the fucking shit out of Mike V when I was a little kid, probably 13 or 14, and he was cool as fuck. I mean he made a bunch of claims that he didn't live up to, like how he was never going to quit Black Label and Etnies and Accel wheels, but whatever. He also told me he invented that tail slide, never bothered to fact check it though. Well, some kid ended up breaking his fucking back at the demo because he tried to show off & Mike V visited that kid in the hospital. The kid quit skating a couple of years later and eventually died of a heroin overdose in later years, but whatever.

I also talked to Gino on the crailtap phone while they had it up on the website. Chico answered, and he passed the phone to Daniel Castillo but I wasn't really trying to talk to him. Luckily Gino was in their van, and he was really cool about shit. He pretty much told me about his Nike deal, his jail stints, and shared every single skate spot on Long Island with me. Dude chopped it up with me for almost an hour, and then I had to go because my early 2000's prepaid cell phone was about to run out of minutes. Thanks for the convo Gino, I didn't take any of your advice about not going wild with partying or anything but I appreciated your diverse knowledge of Long Island skateboarding.

what did Gino go to jail for (multiple times)? always wondered