Author Topic: Dime Glory Challenge is the Wrestlmania of skateboarding but in a great way.  (Read 38996 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Dime Glory Challenge is the Wrestlmania of skateboarding but in a great way.
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2018, 07:25:41 PM »
Can’t believe Ishod lost.

Kader is nuts.

Baker 4 will be his pro party.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
Re: Dime Glory Challenge is the Wrestlmania of skateboarding but in a great way.
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2018, 07:26:24 PM »
jesus christ
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2018, 07:39:39 PM »
soty
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2018, 07:57:25 PM »
that 2x too big for him board he rides was like a wingsuit guiding him down. he's got the craziest potential. didn't even look hard to him at all.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2018, 08:00:29 PM »
So does this make Wade the Undertaker?

(undertaker went 21-0 at WrestleMania before losing to Brock Lesnar)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2018, 08:10:01 PM »
Holy fuck it was amazing!

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2018, 08:16:15 PM »
Hark! Kader is the Prince!

He is the young squire the scrolls foretold!

My liege!

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2018, 08:17:45 PM »
That hang time was unreal!

Irvine-Sucks.com

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2018, 08:25:19 PM »
Where does Dime get all of the money to put this kind of event on?
Special effects,
Stunt men,
Crazy invites,
All of the ramp/ props,
250 G’s to the winners,
Overalls and hard hats, it’s all gotta add up
Seems like a lot of money for a small company ( i can only assume because i don’t see a lot of dime goods where I live).
EDIT: I see on the flyer now that DC sponsored the event... but still
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:27:42 PM by MOE SYZLAK »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2018, 08:33:27 PM »
Is it really going to take Cory Kennedy to get out of jail on good behavior for Wade D to take an L during a Glory Challenge?

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2018, 08:42:39 PM »
Special effects,
Stunt men,
Crazy invites,
All of the ramp/ props,
250 G’s to the winners,
Seems like a lot of money for a small company ( i can only assume because i don’t see a lot of dime goods where I live).

It's probably best not to think about it too much..

Shuh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2018, 08:50:10 PM »
Now I want 8.5 plus size board

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Yes it's not a joke

i wonder how Miss Marshall is going to feel when she finds out he just made 5 years of her salary in about 10 seconds
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2018, 09:02:19 PM »
Special effects,
Stunt men,
Crazy invites,
All of the ramp/ props,
250 G’s to the winners,

That should put into perspective how much they invested in the Berrics and why Berra went on the hissy fit when they dropped them and started saying how great Nike is.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2018, 09:04:56 PM »
So does this make Wade the Undertaker?

(undertaker went 21-0 at WrestleMania before losing to Brock Lesnar)

and i am still bitter about that. shoulda had HBK end it, if you were going to end it.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2018, 09:14:35 PM »
Expand Quote

i wonder how Miss Marshall is going to feel when she finds out he just made 5 years of her salary in about 10 seconds

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 10
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2018, 11:33:31 PM »
would be curious to know how Roman Pabich's tail drop in the Welcome Euro tour video compares in terms of measurements, both totally jaw-dropping

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2018, 01:16:00 AM »
Do you guys really think one million dollars would be getting thrown at a contest like this?  I imagine it's in pesos or some other cheap currency. 

Shuh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2018, 01:41:26 AM »
Do you guys really think one million dollars would be getting thrown at a contest like this?  I imagine it's in pesos or some other cheap currency.

One million canucks?

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2018, 02:43:05 AM »
you guys are regular.. it started as a joke with canadian dollars being so worthless. Pretty sure they actual payout is $2500.

bummed that magz slammed on his head during the wallride challenge. also what was the deal with the soapy floor? volcano was sick as fuck. drop was fucked. not the most entertaining year skatewise, but hella fucking funny.

globe fusion

• Rep: 3
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2018, 06:31:22 AM »
you guys are regular.. it started as a joke with canadian dollars being so worthless. Pretty sure they actual payout is $2500.

bummed that magz slammed on his head during the wallride challenge. also what was the deal with the soapy floor? volcano was sick as fuck. drop was fucked. not the most entertaining year skatewise, but hella fucking funny.

the soapy floor was due to the heat and humidity in and out the park. it was approx. 28 degress celsius outside which is groundbreaking heat for mtl at this time of year.

that and all the body heat inside the park just made everything slippy

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2018, 06:51:33 AM »
The payout is legit, and in Canadian dollars.

Now take a moment and think, what if a successful skate company rather than funding a team of 15 guys to fly around the world and film clips, instead they save that money throughout the year and dump all of it into one insane, over the top, amazing fiesta.

This is Dime. This is the future. This is now.
p-shuvs and v-flips

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2018, 07:43:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the soapy floor was due to the heat and humidity in and out the park. it was approx. 28 degress celsius outside which is groundbreaking heat for mtl at this time of year.

that and all the body heat inside the park just made everything slippy

Everyone had to leave for like 20 minutes to try to cool things down and dry everything up. Dudes were out there with dry mops, rags, paper towels, and fans trying to get everything dried up so the event could continue.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2018, 08:34:37 AM »
where can  I see the Desarmo VS Ishod battle?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2018, 09:03:40 AM »
You don’t need to watch it just know Ishod did a switch laser and still lost.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2018, 09:26:42 AM »
Is there any measurements out there of that taildrop? Cuz it looks fucked.