Author Topic: Dime Glory Challenge is the Wrestlmania of skateboarding but in a great way.  (Read 38990 times)

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -156
Re: Dime Glory Challenge is the Wrestlmania of skateboarding but in a great way.
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2018, 09:37:24 AM »
Is there any measurements out there of that taildrop? Cuz it looks fucked.
'surfers see a big wave and it's like, that's a big fuckin wave. you can't measure it, it's just a big fucking wave. skaters worry about pussy shit'.

prolly close to 20 ft

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Dime Glory Challenge is the Wrestlmania of skateboarding but in a great way.
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2018, 10:17:34 AM »
You don’t need to watch it just know Ishod did a switch laser and still lost.

Ishod was amazing but he was really hurt so game was over before it began.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

globe fusion

• Rep: 3
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2018, 10:25:44 AM »

heard it was 22-24 feet to the bank

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2018, 10:48:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
'surfers see a big wave and it's like, that's a big fuckin wave. you can't measure it, it's just a big fucking wave. skaters worry about pussy shit'.

prolly close to 20 ft
surfers would be calling it 30 feet

hip bruise

• Rep: 11
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2018, 10:54:24 AM »
Wade barely broke a sweat
Legend

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2018, 11:00:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Where does Dime get all of the money to put this kind of event on?
Special effects,
Stunt men,
Crazy invites,
All of the ramp/ props,
250 G’s to the winners,
Overalls and hard hats, it’s all gotta add up
Seems like a lot of money for a small company ( i can only assume because i don’t see a lot of dime goods where I live).
EDIT: I see on the flyer now that DC sponsored the event... but still
[close]

That should put into perspective how much they invested in the Berrics and why Berra went on the hissy fit when they dropped them and started saying how great Nike is.

DC is much better off investing their money sponsoring this event every year and collaborating with Dime then sponsoring the Borrics. Don't think I've seen anyone come on here and openly back the Berra and co. unless they are blatantly trolling. Dime on the other hand has credibility within the skateboard community from regular people, as well as pros who aren't even on the Dime team. If Dime is good enough for JJ then they are good enough for me.

Would love to make it up to Canada to check this out next year. Do they sell tickets for it or can you just attend?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2018, 11:04:49 AM »
The payout is legit, and in Canadian dollars.

Now take a moment and think, what if a successful skate company rather than funding a team of 15 guys to fly around the world and film clips, instead they save that money throughout the year and dump all of it into one insane, over the top, amazing fiesta.

This is Dime. This is the future. This is now.

Hahahahahaha - no. All for show.   

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »
I'm having a hard time thinking of a tail drop matching that height.  So fucking sick.
I mean this is probably just as high with a shitty landing, but Kader actually stuck it first try.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2018, 11:15:30 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm having a hard time thinking of a tail drop matching that height.  So fucking sick.
[close]
I mean this is probably just as high with a shitty landing, but Kader actually stuck it first try.

yeah but they're 2 different tricks.
ol' double D rode down that 12 foot of vert whereas baby gangsta kader did a dan drehobl [tail stall ollie] into the abyss. 2 different critters, john ritter.

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2018, 12:07:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where does Dime get all of the money to put this kind of event on?
Special effects,
Stunt men,
Crazy invites,
All of the ramp/ props,
250 G’s to the winners,
Overalls and hard hats, it’s all gotta add up
Seems like a lot of money for a small company ( i can only assume because i don’t see a lot of dime goods where I live).
EDIT: I see on the flyer now that DC sponsored the event... but still
[close]

That should put into perspective how much they invested in the Berrics and why Berra went on the hissy fit when they dropped them and started saying how great Nike is.
[close]

Would love to make it up to Canada to check this out next year. Do they sell tickets for it or can you just attend?

guys seriously: those are joke checks. the prize money is not 250K each. to put it in perspective each street league event (global circuit, run by nike, olympic precursor, on tv, ticketed, etc) splits roughly that same amount

the entire dgc is not even that expensive, less than 100K (maybe closer to 75) in travel/hotel for competitors, venue, rentals, logistics, insurance. takes place at a skate park with a few funny efx/extras/props. it's free to attend. it's for fun. most people going make their own way there just to hang out and skate. dime is still a small company. like today to wrap up the weekend they're running a jump rump onto a hill bomb, ok. it's not a million dollar party

also: DC's deal w/ berrics is not comparable here, a different time/space/reason. that was a long term partnership with what was once a major platform that DC felt had run its course (true). DC cut a lot of vets/pivoted to a younger team around the same time too remember

LeeMarvin

« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2018, 12:18:34 PM »
Wade beating Ishod comes with an * . Billy Zane looking motherfucker.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2018, 12:23:39 PM »
Something tells me the jump ramp into a hill seemed a lot more exciting in theory.

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2018, 12:37:00 PM »
Holy shit you guys are dense, of course that $1 million prize pool is real

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2018, 01:26:04 PM »
No way that prize money is real haha. Take a zero or 2 off each cheque maybe. You tripping if you think Wade actually made $200,000 yesterday.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2018, 01:26:26 PM »
that was a macho tail drop

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2018, 01:54:34 PM »
Wade beating Ishod comes with an * . Billy Zane looking motherfucker.

For me all that came with it was the winnings from the bet i won. Anybody saying this wasn't a great game ask yourself if you could have matched Ishod's tricks, most could not, specially not under that kind of pressure.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2018, 03:22:22 PM »
Where did you guys see the game of skate.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2018, 03:28:00 PM »
Where did you guys see the game of skate.

they live streamed it on ig live.

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 10
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2018, 07:21:28 PM »
No way that prize money is real haha. Take a zero or 2 off each cheque maybe. You tripping if you think Wade actually made $200,000 yesterday.
dog the Maloofs were doing this almost ten years ago

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2018, 07:28:13 PM »
did Kader really win 250,000?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnxSZ4VH4UV/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

fuck!
If those checks are real, ghat dam!
Also the game of skate was trash...didn't ishod take a letter without trying the trick or did my feed fuck up? Seemed not interested imo.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:17:08 PM by Switch_fsflip_noseslide »
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2018, 07:37:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Also the game of skate was trash...didn't ishod take a letter without trying the trick or did my feed duck up? Seemed not interested imo.
Ishod was skating on a rolled ankle

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2018, 08:22:29 PM »
I also thought those check amounts seemed suspect (weck 50k?) but the other option is that it’s a joke? Jump off a 20 ft+ wall onto a ramp with our name on it and then we will pretend to give your broke ass a big check, but it’s just for show!
If so that’s hilarious for a few reasons 

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2018, 09:18:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also the game of skate was trash...didn't ishod take a letter without trying the trick or did my feed duck up? Seemed not interested imo.
[close]
Thanks for the info again. HAha
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2018, 09:30:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This.

It is gnarly the dude even went out there and pulled off the shit that he did. Also, he hung on for a while on before he got the E. He would miss, push through, and get the trick on the second try. He did this like 4 times. Dude is human and not a robot. We can't expect pros to be skating 100% all the time and we can't expect them always to be tossing down enders.

For Ishod's health it would have been better if he had someone come in after a letter or two (Frank Gerwer would have been amazing!), but to say he didn't try strikes me as a bit extreme, dude pushed through being injured to put on a show for the crowd.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2018, 09:51:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

This.

It is gnarly the dude even went out there and pulled off the shit that he did. Also, he hung on for a while on before he got the E. He would miss, push through, and get the trick on the second try. He did this like 4 times. Dude is human and not a robot. We can't expect pros to be skating 100% all the time and we can't expect them always to be tossing down enders.

For Ishod's health it would have been better if he had someone come in after a letter or two (Frank Gerwer would have been amazing!), but to say he didn't try strikes me as a bit extreme, dude pushed through being injured to put on a show for the crowd.

Ishod set sw lazer, fakie bigger flip, sw and reg inward heel, sw and reg varial heel, impossible, and a bunch of other stuff. That alone would have been enough to take out a lot of people. On the defense he landed easily twice as much. Hurt or not, his game would probably have taken out most anybody in the house, especially with the pressure. Ishod is soty for life, anybody suggesting Wade got off easy is a joke.

era

« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2018, 10:01:04 PM »
Ishod is a champ for even playing, his ankle was obviously fucked. Yuris frontshuv nosegrind/crook in the speed challenge was crazy. Dustin Henry's 180 fakie manual on the volcano was nuts. I legitimately thought I was witnessing one of the brians burn to death. I wish Yuri got the hardflip nosegrind. Weck's entrance was legendary. Kader is unreal. So fucking good. Hillbomb contest today was a lot of fun. Long ollie was crazy. Hugo ending the whole thing was nice. Dime really makes skating awesome. So awesome. I have infinite good things to say about the contest. I can't wait until next year.

cloudy

« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2018, 06:26:57 AM »

boogs

« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2018, 06:30:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Also the game of skate was trash...didn't ishod take a letter without trying the trick or did my feed fuck up? Seemed not interested imo.
i think it was switch flip that he took the letter on

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2018, 06:48:06 AM »
Ishod is a champ for even playing, his ankle was obviously fucked. Yuris frontshuv nosegrind/crook in the speed challenge was crazy. Dustin Henry's 180 fakie manual on the volcano was nuts. I legitimately thought I was witnessing one of the brians burn to death. I wish Yuri got the hardflip nosegrind. Weck's entrance was legendary. Kader is unreal. So fucking good. Hillbomb contest today was a lot of fun. Long ollie was crazy. Hugo ending the whole thing was nice. Dime really makes skating awesome. So awesome. I have infinite good things to say about the contest. I can't wait until next year.

well said

divide the cheques by 100 for realistic payout. cheques are fake.

ungzilla

« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2018, 06:56:47 AM »
Another classic Brophyism