Author Topic: WKND - Sir Palmer  (Read 3813 times)

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
Re: WKND - Sir Palmer
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2018, 12:18:37 AM »
I think it means ĎThe Skateboardingí in French.
la planche ŗ roulettes, non?

video was sick. no suprise here.
wknd is doing it right. all around.

Pappy Jones

• Rep: 6
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2018, 02:06:24 AM »
WKND is a team of mediocre LA skateboarders that know one else will sponsor, so they make skits to stand out in LA for being mediocre skateboarders.

yeah I agree.
style never matters we need to see more nyjahs and joslins AMIRITE?

If you think I'm referring to any of that bullshit, you have no clue. These dudes do not have good style. None of them. In LA, I guarantee all these dudes feel extra mediocre because they all feel the pressure that is 'LA skateboarding'.

Well now I'm confused because I've watched their edits and seen a few of them skate in person, in LA, and I both like their skating and think they have totally acceptable style. Johan kind of looks a bit downs but he's still pretty good. Malouf can be a bit wild, but if you can kickflip and frontside flip nipple high off flat with smoother style, lets see it. Sounds like you just personally don't like wknd. I think they kill it with the edits and storylines.

Itís LA skateboarding in that their riders look like everyone who gentrifies a new neighborhood bc they canít afford Silverlake anymore
I get your joke but what's also funny is the theme of this video centers around an old ass building some of their riders live in with a low rent control situation helping them stay there.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2018, 04:38:57 AM »
WKND is a team of mediocre LA skateboarders that know one else will sponsor, so they make skits to stand out in LA for being mediocre skateboarders.

yeah I agree.

If you think I'm referring to any of that bullshit, you have no clue. These dudes do not have good style. None of them. In LA, I guarantee all these dudes feel extra mediocre because they all feel the pressure that is 'LA skateboarding'.

Well now I'm confused because I've watched their edits and seen a few of them skate in person, in LA, and I both like their skating and think they have totally acceptable style. Johan kind of looks a bit downs but he's still pretty good. Malouf can be a bit wild, but if you can kickflip and frontside flip nipple high off flat with smoother style, lets see it. Sounds like you just personally don't like wknd. I think they kill it with the edits and storylines.

Itís LA skateboarding in that their riders look like everyone who gentrifies a new neighborhood bc they canít afford Silverlake anymore
I get your joke but what's also funny is the theme of this video centers around an old ass building some of their riders live in with a low rent control situation helping them stay there.

Echo park is where they first went after silver lake.  Is that place cheap (by LA standards)?   I would think itíd be 1000/month at least since they are 1 BRs.  It makes me a little sad Montoya lives there

Nosferatu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »

yeah I agree.

Echo park is where they first went after silver lake.  Is that place cheap (by LA standards)?   I would think itíd be 1000/month at least since they are 1 BRs.  It makes me a little sad Montoya lives there

That building is in a prime location. If it is halfway decent inside a 1br is easily over $2,000 today.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Molte

• Rep: 51
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2018, 11:11:10 AM »
This is the part of the year for me so far. It's like what I've been waiting for the last five years.
SHIT!

beat!

• Rep: -13
  • i feel like im skating a 7.5 in dunks
    • streetbeerz
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2018, 02:22:53 PM »

more like a team of really talented FL skateboarders (except for Alex and Alexis) who started out making skits as part of Rip N Dip a decade ago and moved to LA to build their own company once Ryan O'Connor took Rip N Dip for himself and started putting cats and aliens on tee shirts

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2018, 02:51:36 PM »
Lyrics of Dylan's man in me kept coming back all along. Never noticed how eeriely similar those songs were before.