Author Topic: Jonah Hill's movie "Mid 90s"  (Read 118185 times)

MareVitals

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -38
Re: Jonah Hill's movie "Mid 90s"
« Reply #300 on: October 08, 2018, 06:00:04 AM »
Hey guys, after having spent a few weeks away from this thread, I've had some time to reflect on this topic and I sincerely want to apologize.

It was absolutely insane of me to expect, given the collective IQ of the posters on this forum, that any more than a very slight minority of you would possess the ability to discern well-made films from poorly made films.

From the depths of my heart, I wish I could give back the time spent reading through these infinitely pointless arguments to the poor readers who thought they might stumble across any substantive bit of information in this thread.

Can't wait to see this!
 https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mid90s/

La la land has a dope rotten tomatoes score, does that mean skateboarders should be into it? I'm sure mid 90s is well made, but will actual skateboarders want to see it? Doubtful. This film isn't for us.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #301 on: October 08, 2018, 08:07:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey guys, after having spent a few weeks away from this thread, I've had some time to reflect on this topic and I sincerely want to apologize.

It was absolutely insane of me to expect, given the collective IQ of the posters on this forum, that any more than a very slight minority of you would possess the ability to discern well-made films from poorly made films.

From the depths of my heart, I wish I could give back the time spent reading through these infinitely pointless arguments to the poor readers who thought they might stumble across any substantive bit of information in this thread.

Can't wait to see this!
[close]

La la land has a dope rotten tomatoes score, does that mean skateboarders should be into it? I'm sure mid 90s is well made, but will actual skateboarders want to see it? Doubtful. This film isn't for us.
[close]

Gee, good point there guy. That makes PERFECT sense, considering it stars and was made by "actual" skateboarders. Absolutely flawless logic here!

Incredible.

May your crusade be passionate and never ending.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #302 on: October 08, 2018, 11:11:49 AM »
I always found La La Land to be a weird example of Hollywood whitewashing when half the movie is about how white people ruined Jazz.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #303 on: October 08, 2018, 11:19:43 AM »
May your crusade be passionate and never ending.

hot n spicy, if youre lucky maybe jonah will see this thread and send you an old dvd copy of superbad.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #304 on: October 08, 2018, 11:49:23 AM »
You philistines wouldn’t even know taste if a bunch of smart guys told you what it was

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #305 on: October 08, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
Expand Quote

Can't wait to see this!
[close]

I heard Mid 90s is edited in a montage style with no individual parts. Got me really bummed.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #306 on: October 08, 2018, 01:52:39 PM »
This thread is stupid.

So much hate for a fat guy that doesn't skate anymore. Just watch the fucking film and judge it for yourselves. Steal that shit if you don't wanna spend the money.

Someone post up the link when you get it.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #307 on: October 08, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Man...

Seeing this much shit talk about a movie almost has me curious enough to see it.
[close]

Ha ha I was just thinking the same thing .
These last two pages made my day . They have a good routine going on.

Im gonna watch it and dont care about hill, will make my own opinion about whether or not its good

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #308 on: October 08, 2018, 03:57:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Can't wait to see this!
[close]

[close]

I heard Mid 90s is edited in a montage style with no individual parts. Got me really bummed.

Thrasher is gonna put up the raws tho.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 04:32:03 PM by jakeumms »
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #309 on: October 08, 2018, 04:13:50 PM »
Mid 90s rotten tomatoes score is 90%

That’s some illuminati shit right there

#staywoke #mid90swasaninsidejob
ableSkateMag.com

ungzilla

« Reply #310 on: October 08, 2018, 04:27:02 PM »
shouldn't it be like somewhere around 93 to 97 though

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #311 on: October 09, 2018, 05:56:11 AM »
no kid in the 90's would look like the blonde guy

or speak like the lines in the trailer. This stood out sorely. I still might watch this movie, but every time this kid is on screen will be difficult to imagine the storyline taking place in that era.

oroku1983

« Reply #312 on: October 09, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
the fashion accuracy is pretty horrible. whoever the costume designer is should never work again, nobody was dressing like they were on a 2010s tumblr blog in reality everyone looked like slobs.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 12:42:13 PM by oroku1983 »

oroku1983

« Reply #313 on: October 09, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »
shouldn't it be like somewhere around 93 to 97 though
93 and 97 are not mid-90s. did you fail math?

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #314 on: October 09, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »
...so has anyone here even actually seen this yet? bc it wasn't that bad. but i was born in 93 so what do i know.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #315 on: October 09, 2018, 03:07:19 PM »
...so has anyone here even actually seen this yet? bc it wasn't that bad. but i was born in 93 so what do i know.

You don't know because it takes place when you were in diapers

doublesteveburger

« Reply #316 on: October 09, 2018, 04:29:07 PM »
yeah man we're all just super bummed about it

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #317 on: October 09, 2018, 05:00:17 PM »
sure dude.. we'll never recover.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #318 on: October 09, 2018, 06:35:37 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BouEKJ3F4oz/?taken-by=a24

Even Gonz is backing him. The amount of L's all of you have been taking is staggering.

Dedicated to "this guy"? Isn't that him photoshopped at a younger age? Did he dedicate it to himself? Thats like Gipper narcissistic

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #319 on: October 09, 2018, 06:58:22 PM »
The below images show that Jonah Hill is having the reverse career of Jon Newport which means soon enough he'll be sponsored by Ipath and Popwar

"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #320 on: October 09, 2018, 08:58:17 PM »
I can't wait til' November when this movie isn't a topic anymore, and I'll probably be recovered.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #321 on: October 09, 2018, 09:27:16 PM »
Expand Quote
no kid in the 90's would look like the blonde guy
[close]

or speak like the lines in the trailer. This stood out sorely. I still might watch this movie, but every time this kid is on screen will be difficult to imagine the storyline taking place in that era.

wait til you watch the movie for sure. after seeing it i was kinda surprised the amount of crazy shit that was said in the movie, stuff that wouldn't fly if said today.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #322 on: October 11, 2018, 01:14:33 AM »
Link?
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

roscoemoore1

« Reply #323 on: October 11, 2018, 01:25:12 AM »

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #324 on: October 11, 2018, 07:41:47 AM »
wait til you watch the movie for sure. after seeing it i was kinda surprised the amount of crazy shit that was said in the movie, stuff that wouldn't fly if said today.

I'm not sure I understand you or if you misunderstood what I meant...

I mean the kid was talking like its 2018 in a scene that was supposed to be in the mid 90's, as in nobody in the mid 90's would have spoke like him.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #325 on: October 11, 2018, 08:52:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fucked up good
[close]

Oh?
[close]

i’m guessing that was already discussed but i’m not reading 11 pages of arguments about how jonah hill isn’t a skateboarder

Nah deg, make with the gossip. I've got hungry eyes.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2018, 08:23:16 PM »
Anyone know if this is coming to Aus? I've done a bit of snooping/made some calls and I don't think it is.

Some A24 releases aren't even available on the Australian iTunes store

:-(

E

• Rep: 11

Lavar On the Couch

• Rep: 0
« Reply #328 on: October 17, 2018, 12:06:09 PM »
I bet this shit is wack as fuck. Might go see it.
Crazy right?

shitstyx

« Reply #329 on: October 17, 2018, 10:07:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Movies doesn’t look bad at all, but Jonah Hill isn’t a skateboarder.
[close]

By who's standard?
[close]
His own- he admits he doesn’t skate. He also seems to be making up or at least exaggerating his skating experience. I swear before this movie came out nobody ever mentioned Jonah Hill, now all these West LA pros keep claiming he used to be at the courthouse and hotrod and all that shit. Its weird to me though that nobody EVER mentioned he skated when movies like Superbad came out, nobody ever listed him as a movie star who skated in any of those “celebrities who skate/skated” threads despite him supposedly being such a regular at such famous spots.
He might have skated, but he did a FANTASTIC job of hiding that fact until it came time to profit from it- and that doesn’t feel right to me AT ALL. At minimum the dude is a culture vulture, and potentially he could be making it all up and using his hollywood clout to get fame-hungry LA pro skaters to go along with it, either way his love of skate culture is highly suspect.

Oh, and the only joke is about a black security guard getting mad about a biracial kid calling him The n-word...written and directed by dude who definitely shouldn’t be making jokes centered around calling black people that word....but its cool, because soon he’ll just claim he used to be black in the 90’s, right Jonah?

If he's so stoked on skateboarding (enough to make his """directorial debut""" on it) why isn't there any footage of him skating AT ALL from the past two decades?

He's 34. Give me a fucking break. It just seems like a sad attempt at trying to stay relevant after his fat kid schtick has worn thin in Hollywood. What's even more disheartening is seeing your favorite pro's kissing ass for money or connections, or whatever. Ed Templeton's "review" on IG sounded like he had a gun to his head. But I mean, the man has paintings to sell I'm sure.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Jonah Hill has never stepped on a skateboard in his entire life. It's all a big fucking lie using skateboarding as a career maneuver.

(EDIT: Maybe I was a little too harsh on LA. My outrage is mostly directed at Hollywood) 

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:54:50 PM by shitstyx »