Author Topic: Jonah Hill's movie "Mid 90s"  (Read 118181 times)

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
Re: Jonah Hill's movie "Mid 90s"
« Reply #240 on: September 13, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »
How many of you that are anti-whatever is happening here, wear Nikes?   
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #241 on: September 13, 2018, 03:12:34 PM »
How many of you that are anti-whatever is happening here, wear Nikes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGKiYDE8Z2M

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2018, 10:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ya'll niggaz are being wack right now.

1. I don't know Jonah's past so I cant say if he's real or not. BUT, being a skater isnt a transferable skill to making a good movie, definitely required for filming and editing a skate video but not for writing and directing a movie.

2. Judging stuff without watching it is what soccer moms and Republicans do. Ripping apart the one guy who actually saw the movie is weird.

3. All the movies that are focused around skateboarding sucks, if its good then it was only a side thing like 'Back to the Future'. At worst Mid 90s will just add to a strong tradition.

4. All of Spike Jonze's movies are overrated.
[close]

Woah woah woah. You nailed everything except for #4, Being John Malkovich and Adaptation are masterpieces.
[close]

No intention to knock on Spike's directing but I think these are more masterpieces, in my opinion, due to Charlie Kaufman's writing.
[close]

I totally agree, but if we are referring to them as Spike Jonze films by moniker, then my statement still stands.

Michel Gondry is the one who struggled outside of Kaufman’s writing.  Spike got an Oscar for writing Her and Where the Wild Things Are is/was a perfectly fine adaptation that everyone forgot existed

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2018, 10:39:08 PM »
has this been 9 pages of gatekeeping?

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2018, 08:34:19 AM »
if anyone cares, the first round of press interviews are out for it after the premiere @ TIFF. Currently I have only read positive reviews, besides on here, with people praising Lucas Hedges and Nakel for their acting. More than likely gonna pay the $13 or however much movie tickets are now and go see this movie.

here are links to a few of the press junket ***IF SOMEONE WANTS TO HELP ME WITH THE EMBDING***

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EMwdv9MbAVA

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ugeNTZt0C0U

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MNqUtv_tJxQ
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:00:55 AM by dudeonthecouch »
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2018, 10:37:28 AM »
Adaptation was amazing
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

cloudy

« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2018, 05:45:51 AM »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2018, 06:12:16 AM »
spanly on metacritic?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn2_jtWFglY/?hl=en&taken-by=kevinspankylong
Everyone is giving it praise,I've yet to see a shit review by someone thst saw it. Maybe it is good? I don't know. I'm in no rush to see it,but expect my grandma to talk to me about it after seeing Jonah on tv promoting it

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2018, 10:14:32 AM »
He looks pretty good here.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2018, 10:27:17 AM »
if anyone cares, the first round of press interviews are out for it after the premiere @ TIFF. Currently I have only read positive reviews, besides on here, with people praising Lucas Hedges and Nakel for their acting. More than likely gonna pay the $13 or however much movie tickets are now and go see this movie.

here are links to a few of the press junket ***IF SOMEONE WANTS TO HELP ME WITH THE EMBDING***

http://www.youtube.com/embed/EMwdv9MbAVA

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ugeNTZt0C0U

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MNqUtv_tJxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMwdv9MbAVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugeNTZt0C0U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqUtv_tJxQ
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:30:45 AM by Fongstarr. »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2018, 10:38:29 AM »
that main kid looks like a bizarre KD Lang in miniature.
that's smart jonah, go for the aging skater and the aging lesbian dollar.

Dead Ringers

« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2018, 10:46:39 AM »
Can we talk about how good that Sunny kid is at skating? While it’s pretty normal these days to be as good as he is, and most of the footage is park footage, he has a seriously impressive bag of tricks and as good a style as you could possibly have for a 4 foot tall 13 year old.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #253 on: September 18, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »
Aaron Meza is credited as a producer on the film

For that reason alone , everyone should give the movie a fair shot and not jump the gun by criticizing / critiquing it before actually seeing it.  ::)

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2018, 04:19:46 PM »
Everyone is giving it praise,I've yet to see a shit review by someone thst saw it. Maybe it is good? I don't know. I'm in no rush to see it,but expect my grandma to talk to me about it after seeing Jonah on tv promoting it

100% sure the movie is shit, but its something you're "supposed to like".. So don't expect any actual critique.

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #255 on: September 18, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2018, 04:50:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

100% sure the movie is shit, but its something you're "supposed to like".. So don't expect any actual critique.
Mid 90s shills

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2018, 06:56:12 PM »
Aaron Meza is credited as a producer on the film

For that reason alone , everyone should give the movie a fair shot and not jump the gun by criticizing / critiquing it before actually seeing it.  ::)

Everyones got a price. Meza will undoubtedly give the movie it's moments but I was generally really disappointed in realizing he was involved with this shit show after seeing Templeton's post. Ehh...fuck everything.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2018, 07:31:12 PM »
The amount of unfounded hate in here is impressive.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2018, 07:34:04 PM »
The amount of unfounded hate in here is impressive.
I can't remember the last time Slap, as a collective, bandwagoned this hard.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

JPeterman

• Rep: 4
  • It'll always be Myanmar to me
« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2018, 08:44:40 PM »
Don't understand the hate. It's a love letter to skateboarding from a guy who seems to be down for it. Just because he doesn't skate anymore doesn't mean he's not allowed to show appreciation.

I stopped playing basketball while ago (shin splints like a bitch), but I still appreciate it.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2018, 08:54:57 PM »
I think the hate is stemmed from how hyped this movie is,with a dash of 'Does/did Jonah actually skate?'
Typical shit, for instance I thought the flare was going to be great.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2018, 09:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What is this even supposed to mean??? lmao.

HINT: If a movie gets unanimous praise from critics, 90% of the time it means it's a good movie. The people who talk shit on movie critics because they think films that critics favor are boring or pretentious are tasteless dipshits who prefer superhero or transformers movies to actual cinema that have NO business voicing their opinion on any film, ESPECIALLY when all they've seen is the trailer.

Just take one second to examine the mental gymnastics you kooks are partaking in to hate on this movie:

Y'all went from

the trailer looks shitty 

to even if it's good it sucks because Jonah is lying about his past

to ok evidence was provided for the fact that Jonah skated and was a regular at Hot Rod and though it is an objective fact that he likes skating and grew up in it he shouldn't be allowed to make this movie because he wasn't a good skater

AND

despite the fact that several well respected pros who are ACTUAL gatekeepers to this culture fully back the film and Jonah as a person I, a no one online, believe I am more of a gatekeeper than those pros

AND

even if every critic likes it that just means they are "supposed to like it" so the movie still sucks.

The cognitive dissonance going on with y'all is...incredible.
This is Slap,opinions, assholes and the Gip.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #263 on: September 18, 2018, 09:49:01 PM »
In a film class in college, I compared the up and over shot in Citizen Kane to this one particular explosion scene in bad boys 2 and the professor asked me to leave.

shred42O

• Rep: -10
« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2018, 10:04:46 PM »
lolz at the Strobeck pan at the end.

the credit with the Storbeck pan is so fucking annoying. A lot of people filmed this way before he was even filming. It's not that original to credit to him. so please just stop

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2018, 10:08:34 PM »
In a film class in college, I compared the up and over shot in Citizen Kane to this one particular explosion scene in bad boys 2 and the professor asked me to leave.

This is amazing.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2018, 04:40:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

HINT: If a movie gets unanimous praise from critics, 90% of the time it means it's a good movie. The people who talk shit on movie critics because they think films that critics favor are boring or pretentious are tasteless dipshits who prefer superhero or transformers movies to actual cinema that have NO business voicing their opinion on any film, ESPECIALLY when all they've seen is the trailer.

Just take one second to examine the mental gymnastics you kooks are partaking in to hate on this movie:

Y'all went from

the trailer looks shitty 

to ok evidence was provided for the fact that Jonah skated and was a regular at Hot Rod and though it is an objective fact that he likes skating and grew up in it he shouldn't be allowed to make this movie because he wasn't a good skater

AND

despite the fact that several well respected pros who are ACTUAL gatekeepers to this culture fully back the film and Jonah as a person I, a no one online, believe I am more of a gatekeeper than those pros

AND

even if every critic likes it that just means they are "supposed to like it" so the movie still sucks.

Even if jonah wasn't involved, and there was no trailer, this movie would still be shit.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2018, 10:28:32 AM »

Y'all went from

the trailer looks shitty 

AND

AND

well you've summed me up!
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2018, 10:51:33 AM »
Does this movie have one of those scenes where the skater is escaping danger and does a early grab over the hood of a car from a hidden ramp? It better, if Jonah really knows his history.

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2018, 10:57:50 AM »
The world doesn't need and didn't ask for this movie. Call me a gatekeeper all you want. Fuck this.