Author Topic: Skate Shoes Good For Non Skating Thread  (Read 3036 times)

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
Skate Shoes Good For Non Skating Thread
« on: July 24, 2018, 06:43:26 PM »
yea i piggybacked off the thread for the opposite title. wondering what suggestions you'd give for a pair of shoes for just chilling/walking around. heard good things about the project ba, but cant find any new in my size. ive got some 574 new balances and they are ok, but am looking for something else. i hate walking around in blown out skate shoes all day, figure i should start to treat my feet right.

Dr Steve Brule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
Re: Skate Shoes Good For Non Skating Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 08:18:25 PM »
yea i piggybacked off the thread for the opposite title. wondering what suggestions you'd give for a pair of shoes for just chilling/walking around. heard good things about the project ba, but cant find any new in my size. ive got some 574 new balances and they are ok, but am looking for something else. i hate walking around in blown out skate shoes all day, figure i should start to treat my feet right.

Peep ebay for the Project BA mesh ones or whatever. They are the most comfortable shoes I've had in a while. Might feel even better with gamechanger insoles too
For Your Health

Level 40 Human Fedora

• Rep: -46
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 09:55:22 PM »
Thread title is making my brain bleed...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 11:52:38 PM »
This is where Gravis were such a great company because you could wear their shoes in tonnes of situations and still bust in them if need be. I have some emerica romero laced that I'd probably never skate but they do okay for business causal

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 12:31:42 AM »
This. I was 31 years old when I realised that skate shoes are not walking shoes and got myself a pair of NB 574’s as well. Now I use skateshoes only when skating and my feet couldn’t be happier, just regret that I didn’t figure this this earlier... Rocking a pair of Onitsuka Tigers atm
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1535
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 05:17:37 PM »
Nike Airmax 90's
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 05:32:22 PM »
Adidas buzzies feel pretty good

Coffee

• Rep: 36
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 08:14:10 PM »
Adidas buzzies feel pretty good

Second this. I’ve had a pair as chillers for a year and a half and they are very comfortable.

Shuh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 10:22:24 PM »
Reynolds g6

thebacker

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 05:31:51 AM »
The sucius are good if you’re gonna be on your feet for an extended period of time

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 08:37:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This. I was 31 years old when I realised that skate shoes are not walking shoes and got myself a pair of NB 574’s as well. Now I use skateshoes only when skating and my feet couldn’t be happier, just regret that I didn’t figure this this earlier... Rocking a pair of Onitsuka Tigers atm

I agree that runners feel better for standing all day or walking, but my problem is that 99.999% of non-skate shoes are hideously ugly. I honestly don't get it. Why do people want shoes in such tacky color schemes that look like moon boots? It's so hard to find a pair of runners that's one color, without wacky panels and a ridiculous looking sole. I've had several pairs of Reebok runners, but they blew out super quick.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 12:40:37 PM »
My feet never hurt in the Nike FC classics. I could walk in those forever.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

calvinsdream

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 01:22:59 PM »

Ah, I've been curious about those. I've been looking for a good all day skate/chill shoe.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 05:11:44 PM »
Thread title is making my brain bleed...

...and my t-cells drop precipitously.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 07:49:05 PM »
it might be hard to find because they only made one color of it but the nike sb lunar fc is really nice to walk in

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 12:35:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ah, I've been curious about those. I've been looking for a good all day skate/chill shoe.
Honestly might actually be the best skate shoes I've ever had, and I don't fuck with Nike (got em for free). Thinner cupsole and quite durable to boot. Definitely has saved me from plenty a heel bruise and I've spent some long days on my feet in them.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 02:01:47 PM »
wow this is funny, i turned 31 in april and had the same epiphany around a month ago

but as mentioned being accustomed to the design of skate shoes makes even looking at runners/athletic shoes tough

busenitz boost primeknit has tickled my fancy but im yet to pull the trigger

fuck i dont even have dress shoes anymore

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 04:24:14 PM »
wow this is funny, i turned 31 in april and had the same epiphany around a month ago

but as mentioned being accustomed to the design of skate shoes makes even looking at runners/athletic shoes tough

busenitz boost primeknit has tickled my fancy but im yet to pull the trigger

fuck i dont even have dress shoes anymore
I have two pairs of the prime knit and one of the suede. Great walking shoe. You can find em super cheap now cause I think they’re phasing it out.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 04:35:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This 100%. It took me till 28 to start taking care of my feet when not skating. Find a nice breathable chilling shoe with lots of soft cushioning. This is what I'm on, my feet feel nice.

Walking the beat in skate shoes is so 2011.

hmmmokay

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 04:56:06 PM »
grabbed a pair of these (NMD R2) on sale from an Adidas outlet last week; the boost sole is unbelievably comfortable/bouncy. I cant speak for their skate line that uses boost, but Id guess those are probably pretty comfortable as well.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 03:48:26 AM »
I'm gonna say the lunarlon Cons fit the bill here.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2018, 04:32:27 AM »
The Emerica Reynolds are really comfortable. Not the vulcs but the normal ones. Haven't skated in mine yet but just for wearing around and walking and whatever they're the most comfortable shoes I've had in ages. They don't make them anymore but the G6s don't feel too bad either. Haven't worn mine other than testing them out yet so hard to say how they're compared to the older Reynolds.

I tried out some Adidas Ultraboost Primeknits at the Adidas outlet some time ago. Went in with my Reynolds and I gotta say that just testing the Ultraboosts out, I don't know what the hype is about Boost. They felt terrible compared to my Reynolds. The Primeknit also feels floppy and unsupportive. I absolutely hate new shoes and love well broken in shoes though and I didn't test them for long. Just walked around the shop a bit.

stranded

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2018, 07:35:20 AM »
Silas 1 and Janoski Air Max from personal experience.

Has anyone tried NB 420 or those weird Lakais?