Author Topic: White shoes better?  (Read 2204 times)

Goldberg

White shoes better?
« on: July 27, 2018, 03:56:50 AM »
What do you think. Are white shoes because of the extreme contrast on the grip better for skateboarding than black? May be there is a slight advantage. You see your foot easier than black shoes on black.

Turtle Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
Re: White shoes better?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 05:12:39 AM »
This is a shitty thread but to be honest I like white shoes and think the contrast thing may be true.

Goldberg

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 05:40:31 AM »
Yes, my question is pedantic. But acutally I`m looking for all the tiny things which can lead combined to a huge improvement.

Goldberg

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 05:42:39 AM »
I´m also considering wearing black pants and black shirts without a print. So I get less distracted.

The Dope

• Rep: -6
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 09:04:04 AM »
If you wanna reference ice hockey for example they use black tape on their sticks so the puck blends into their stick, making it harder for the goalie to see where the position of the puck is on their blade before they take a shot on net. The contrast shit makes sense and I enjoy skating in white shoes, black with gum soles are also super fun.

Also I swear people who wear all black shoes/foxing/soles can get away with being sketchier because nobody notices their feet nearly as much as someone with white/colored shoes.

All personal preference though. I also wear black pants and white/black shirt 80% of the time because they're cheap and they fit perfectly and you have way less to think about before getting a good sesh

Goldberg

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 02:07:28 PM »
If you wanna reference ice hockey for example they use black tape on their sticks so the puck blends into their stick, making it harder for the goalie to see where the position of the puck is on their blade before they take a shot on net. The contrast shit makes sense and I enjoy skating in white shoes, black with gum soles are also super fun.

Interesting. Never heard about that.

Also I swear people who wear all black shoes/foxing/soles can get away with being sketchier because nobody notices their feet nearly as much as someone with white/colored shoes.

Yes, make sense.
I`ve also noticed, that smaller guys can also get away with being sketchier, and huge guys have to work harder for clean looking trick.

All personal preference though. I also wear black pants and white/black shirt 80% of the time because they're cheap and they fit perfectly and you have way less to think about before getting a good sesh

Yes and it looks good. Even in 500 years. timeless classic colors.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 09:33:24 AM »
does anyone remember the old 411 where the guy had orange shoes and matching colored griptape? the opposite of what this thread is about. must have been kinda crazy to skate that way.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 09:52:18 PM »
no
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Little Debbie

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 02:44:48 PM »
yes but white leather > white canvas

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 10:01:05 AM »
Yes, my question is pedantic. But acutally I`m looking for all the tiny things which can lead combined to a huge improvement.

Just skate more. And faster. The more you do it the more you’ll improve.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 03:08:29 PM »
Is this another racist thread?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3312
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 05:22:57 PM »
Is this another racist thread?

Would have been funny if he misplaced the first "s" so the title read "Whites hoes better?"

• Rep: -42
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 11:10:30 PM »
I hate the white marks they leave on the kickflip area of the grip
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen