Author Topic: counterfeit wood and parts?  (Read 2473 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
counterfeit wood and parts?
« on: July 27, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »
I just saw some counterfeit supreme and ripndip decks online.

I remember hearing back in the 80's counterfeit boards were a thing for a minute too. Some of you guys have dealt with getting fake bones ceramics. So I was wondering if you of guys got stories of buying counterfeits or rip offs?

artskool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: counterfeit wood and parts?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 09:46:59 AM »
I had a Toy Machine blank- just a little black logo on the base in the 90's. Years later I heard Ed say somewhere that Toy never made blanks. Maybe that counts? I'm sure all of South America is awash in fake everything.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 10:47:54 AM »

I remember hearing back in the 80's counterfeit boards were a thing for a minute too. Some of you guys have dealt with getting fake bones ceramics. So I was wondering if you of guys got stories of buying counterfeits or rip offs?

Who would spend the time to fake a rip and dip?  World was known for sending riders blanks bak in the day b/c the were too cheap or lazy to put graphics on them.  There is some thread on here about an random Asian company making knock off Bobby Puleo decks. 

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 11:34:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Who would spend the time to fake a rip and dip?  World was known for sending riders blanks bak in the day b/c the were too cheap or lazy to put graphics on them.  There is some thread on here about an random Asian company making knock off Bobby Puleo decks.

https://www.amazon.com/Skateboard-Standard-Skateboards-Complete-Canadian/dp/B07DWV11SG/ref=pd_ybh_a_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5QB4X3PF7MQM07FYST95

https://www.amazon.com/Skateboard-Standard-Skateboards-Complete-Canadian/dp/B07CQTPPV4/ref=sr_1_14?m=A7QH2RR0Y7B8B&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1532715852&sr=1-14

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 12:53:34 PM »
8ply - because you're worth it!

Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 05:50:14 PM »
World was known for sending riders blanks bak in the day b/c the were too cheap or lazy to put graphics on them.

Definitely not accurate in the slightest. The riders were constantly trading in their packages at local shops for other gear, thus hurting World’s sales to local shops. In an effort to stop them, Rocco made it so they could only grab boards from a special closet at World just for the riders that only included blank decks so they couldn’t trade them in.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 03:36:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Who would spend the time to fake a rip and dip?  World was known for sending riders blanks bak in the day b/c the were too cheap or lazy to put graphics on them.  There is some thread on here about an random Asian company making knock off Bobby Puleo decks.

ripndip seem to be doing fairly well in the hypebeast world from what ive seen, fake that cat graphic and you're $$$

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 06:05:34 AM »
Expand Quote
World was known for sending riders blanks bak in the day b/c the were too cheap or lazy to put graphics on them.
[close]

Definitely not accurate in the slightest. The riders were constantly trading in their packages at local shops for other gear, thus hurting World’s sales to local shops. In an effort to stop them, Rocco made it so they could only grab boards from a special closet at World just for the riders that only included blank decks so they couldn’t trade them in.

I always wondered why there were so many blanks in world videos. Do you think this inadvertently lead to a trend of kids wanting blank boards?

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 08:53:43 AM »
I purchased fake bones swiss on Amazon once.
$25 was too good to be true.
Packaging/sticker looked legit, but they were super slow & definitely didn't roll like the sets I've gotten from an authorized shop.
Enjoy your life.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 07:31:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I always wondered why there were so many blanks in world videos. Do you think this inadvertently lead to a trend of kids wanting blank boards?

At least in my little circle in high school, it did for sure. We had a VHS comp with Trilogy, Snuff, and a bunch of old 411s with a ton of world footage. I remember we would kind of trip and be like, “oh well they skate blanks, so that must be what’s up.”

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »
blanks and white tees was where it was at

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 09:31:02 PM »
blanks and white tees was is still where it’s at

calvinsdream

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 07:02:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

ripndip seem to be doing fairly well in the hypebeast world from what ive seen, fake that cat graphic and you're $$$

Which guy at rip n dip was alleged to have given his girlfriend a black eye? I feel like the photos were on on SLAP a minute ago

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 07:27:22 AM »

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 10:00:39 AM »
I purchased fake bones swiss on Amazon once.
$25 was too good to be true.
Packaging/sticker looked legit, but they were super slow & definitely didn't roll like the sets I've gotten from an authorized shop.
I did the same thing. Those things sucked balls.