Author Topic: Fred Gall vs IRS  (Read 25142 times)

emchen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
Fred Gall vs IRS
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:01:48 PM »
Can't say I'm surprised, but damn he owes a lot of $$

https://www.gofundme.com/help-keep-fred-gall-out-of-tax-jail

I hope he pays it back and maybe learns to spell better. What's up with these handwritten skate notes lately?

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Fred Gall vs IRS
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »
i thought he had a financial manager
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »
p-shaw, it was lennie kirk.
lennie was going to use his hacking connections to expand fred's portfolio but he ended up loosing it to nigerian prince.
uncle freddy gonna be aight

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 12:07:24 PM »
I remember him talking about this in a 2007 interview in Skateboarder, saying that he owed around $10,000 at that time
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 12:09:29 PM »
$80k in back taxes, goddamn

If only we all had the clout to ask strangers for money to help deal with our personal debt...

Time for SLAP’s Fred Gall>Everything crowd to put up or shut up (and hope this isn’t a monthly thing)

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 12:12:06 PM »
I guess this can coincide with the GT on Monster thread. I know it can be hypocritical to be on Anti-Hero and then be on Monster but sometimes you have to look out for your own financial well being. To see that Freddie can't afford to pay $2,500 is just sad. I actually thought he needed the full $80K but $2,500? That doesn't seem that crazy of amount to just work off or even sell stuff to get. I am sure he has some old Habitat boards he can easily sell to make this kind of money or even do a Habitat one off that would go toward his problems. But a Go-Fund me? Just kind of weird really.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 12:17:19 PM »
I guess this can coincide with the GT on Monster thread. I know it can be hypocritical to be on Anti-Hero and then be on Monster but sometimes you have to look out for your own financial well being. To see that Freddie can't afford to pay $2,500 is just sad. I actually thought he needed the full $80K but $2,500? That doesn't seem that crazy of amount to just work off or even sell stuff to get. I am sure he has some old Habitat boards he can easily sell to make this kind of money or even do a Habitat one off that would go toward his problems. But a Go-Fund me? Just kind of weird really.
Taxes are a percentage of income. If Fred had those energy drink sponsors he’d owe even more now!
And its $2500 after they completely drained his bank account, and seems like a recurring thing. Like, I could afford to pay that, but I’d have to cut into my savings, and Fred had his drained.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Pretty Serious

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 12:18:15 PM »
Imagine if St. Fred blessed us with a hello or is that what's happening here? 
Wish he could cash in all his slap likes.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 12:23:22 PM »
He's always come across as so fiscally responsible what could have happened?

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 12:24:17 PM »
Best 5$ I ever spent

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 12:51:20 PM »
Pass

Here Come The Lame Jets

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 01:25:23 PM »
Basically this

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 01:25:45 PM »
That doesn't seem that crazy of amount to just work off or even sell stuff to get. I am sure he has some old Habitat boards he can easily sell to make this kind of money or even do a Habitat one off that would go toward his problems. But a Go-Fund me? Just kind of weird really.
So what happens next time he's short an entire installment, do we gotta flip the bill that time too?

if you do coke, morally speaking, i'm not on the hook for anything because you're too busy paying for coke to pay for your own shit
sorry uncle freddy
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »
This will be the fastest paid gofundme ever

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 01:56:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Taxes are a percentage of income. If Fred had those energy drink sponsors he’d owe even more now!
And its $2500 after they completely drained his bank account, and seems like a recurring thing. Like, I could afford to pay that, but I’d have to cut into my savings, and Fred had his drained.

I guess you're right. The real issue is just paying your taxes in general. Like someone said above, his go fund me should asap. Andy Roy on the other hand....I think I saw that he raised his Go Fund me higher for his teeth.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »
fuck hes fucked basically.  Poor dude, has a big influence on 90s skating brought non sketchyness and solid style to tech back when that wasn't a thing yet.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 02:38:51 PM »
This dude owes $80,000 and can't afford a $2,500 installment? Even Wesley Snipe's thinks this dude is fucked. He might as well just turn himself in now. This go fund me shit is just kicking the can down the road, not a real solution.

quimtime

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2018, 02:47:13 PM »
dude, it seems he's trying! working construction... man. and he lost his grandma recently too

The internet is big enough to allow a lil $2500 gofundme for Freddy.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2018, 02:50:57 PM »
This dude owes $80,000 and can't afford a $2,500 installment? Even Wesley Snipe's thinks this dude is fucked. He might as well just turn himself in now. This go fund me shit is just kicking the can down the road, not a real solution.
90% of life is kicking the can down the road
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 02:52:17 PM »
The point of life is to die before you pay everyone back

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 03:11:43 PM »

I work with seniors and they tell me this ALL the time.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 03:13:40 PM »
so many shitty gofundme's out there that get paid, and when Slap's patron saint needs help, everyone throws their hands up?  shut the fuck up and pay the man, we all owe
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 03:15:35 PM »
so many shitty gofundme's out there that get paid, and when Slap's patron saint needs help, everyone throws their hands up?  shut the fuck up and pay the man, we all owe
That’s what I was thinking. I’m in debt on my own tho sorry freddy

cloudy

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 03:21:01 PM »

on his episode of the nine club (june 5, 2017), ryan clements talks about how fred was his second client. p-rod was his first. found an article from as far back as 2010 (https://www.adventuresportsnetwork.com/transworld-business/mo-money-mo-problems-action-sports-athletes-the-woes-of-wealth/):

Clements, who manages Paul Rodriguez and Fred Gall's finances with Brinkly, says putting together a simple financial plan is the first step towards building a solid nest egg for the future. "We’ve found that most of the guys we talk to want to be responsible with their money. They just don’t know where to start."

so that's at least seven years of help from clements. seems like a good chunk of time to be able to clear up issues such as this. as he mentioned in his nine club interview though, just because he provides his clients with a financial plan doesn't necessarily mean that they all follow it. wonder how it all went astray though.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2018, 03:25:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I work with seniors and they tell me this ALL the time.

Doesn't a debt of someone that dies fall on their family afterwards? Hopefully all these seniors have no kids. Would be fucked to pass down all that.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 03:28:11 PM »
Expand Quote
That doesn't seem that crazy of amount to just work off or even sell stuff to get. I am sure he has some old Habitat boards he can easily sell to make this kind of money or even do a Habitat one off that would go toward his problems. But a Go-Fund me? Just kind of weird really.
[close]
So what happens next time he's short an entire installment, do we gotta flip the bill that time too?

if you do coke, morally speaking, i'm not on the hook for anything because you're too busy paying for coke to pay for your own shit
sorry uncle freddy

His irresponsibility is what made him awesome. If had been responsible and thought things through he wouldn't have ever been Fred Gall.

Fuck, especially now that I'm old and I'm constantly worrying about the lamest shit (retirement, rent, health insurance, groceries, etc.), I view Fred (and those like him) as inspiring. It would be amazing to quit my job and just live in a never-ending present.

Does Fred have a board out now? Did I somehow miss it on the Habitat website?
https://habitatskateboards.com/collections/decks

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2018, 03:29:37 PM »

I don't owe him shit. He made his money and didn't pay his taxes and squandered what little he did have. Sorry I'm not an enabler.

Here Come The Lame Jets

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2018, 03:44:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't owe him shit. He made his money and didn't pay his taxes and squandered what little he did have. Sorry I'm not an enabler.

*found the scooter kid*
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2018, 03:49:17 PM »
true or not, it mentions that he cares for his ailing mother and uncle. If true, that is a heavy thing to have to deal with. Skip your venti latte or avocado toast and drop a 5er in the hat for Sir Fred.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2018, 04:10:48 PM »
Not sure how $2,500 even makes a difference? He's really got no one in his life to loan him $2,500?