Author Topic: Fred Gall vs IRS  (Read 25140 times)

Spaced Cadet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 111
Re: Fred Gall vs IRS
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 04:16:02 PM »
"Yeah he saved a bunch of monks from a burning building in Cambodia but he didn't pay his taxes so fuck 'em."  ::)

Fred is a dirtbag with a heart of gold. I think he's earned some help.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »
A sixer of tall boys a day equals approximately $2,100. Freddy could probably cut out the booze and pay incrementally towards his own debt instead of panhandling.

Here Come The Lame Jets

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »
The IRS is no joke to deal with.  Last year someone stole my wife's identity.  We didn't know.  Someone opened an Amazon store/site using her name and we got a tax bill for over $16K.  My wife can barely sell stuff on Craig's list, much less run an Amazon store.  For a bill like that they must have sold like $100k worth of stuff. 

The IRS was worthless.  I spent hours on the phone with them just getting bounced from person to person.  I finally just paid an accountant $500 to make it go away.  Such bull shit for something we had nothing to do with. 

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »
I need to call the collections agency dammit

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2018, 04:44:04 PM »
The IRS is no joke to deal with.  Last year someone stole my wife's identity.  We didn't know.  Someone opened an Amazon store/site using her name and we got a tax bill for over $16K.  My wife can barely sell stuff on Craig's list, much less run an Amazon store.  For a bill like that they must have sold like $100k worth of stuff. 

The IRS was worthless.  I spent hours on the phone with them just getting bounced from person to person.  I finally just paid an accountant $500 to make it go away.  Such bull shit for something we had nothing to do with.
the government is awesome isn’t it

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2018, 05:00:37 PM »
A sixer of tall boys a day equals approximately $2,100. Freddy could probably cut out the booze and pay incrementally towards his own debt instead of panhandling.
Freddy absolutely cannot cut out the booze. Everyone I know that has spent more than an hour with him has seen him drunkenly puke. He rarely even drinks water or eats, he just slams Heinekens all day. He wouldn't be able to survive going cold turkey.

Level 40 Human Fedora

• Rep: -46
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2018, 05:02:48 PM »
I had his thrasher cover on my wall for a decade, but he can go fuck himself if he can't figure out the IRS.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2018, 05:09:10 PM »
Not sure how $2,500 even makes a difference? He's really got no one in his life to loan him $2,500?
The way I read his note he is saying that if he pays the $2500 installment by the Aug date they will knock out a portion of the 80k, a partial settlement so to speak. If he does not meet the deadline he is on the hook for the whole 80K.

If you ever voted for Fred in a poll put a $5 on him. As Mr. Olson would say - They owe!

veritas

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »
Fred Gall is a national treasure. If anyone has taken the time to read his handwritten note, it says that if he reaches his $2500 goal by August 15th the amount he owes is significantly reduced, and if he doesn't meet it he owes the full $80,000.

For all the love he gets on this board, I'd be shocked if he couldn't make this goal. If 100 people wanted to put up 25  bucks this could easily get knocked out in a day.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2018, 05:31:12 PM »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2018, 05:35:35 PM »
Niggaz worship Fred Gall but wont dig in them pockets. Slap just became a black southern church.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2018, 05:37:47 PM »
Shout out to Ian from Jenkem for not only starting the GoFund me but actually donating 200 bucks. I get people have mixed feelings about Gofund Me's nowadays (As they should) and whats actually worth donating to. Like P-Stones and Johnny Jones being a no brainer and it showed by how many people donated and how much they went over their goal. While Furbys Girlfriend Gofund Me was a total Joke that made like 1% of their goal. I consider this one right in the middle where if you have a few bucks to spare why not. Freddy has got a lot of fans that can probably spare 5 bucks to help him. But granted if another page gets started after this regarding this same issue its no dice for me.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2018, 05:43:09 PM »
I'd love to see what trouble some of you could get into getting 5 figure checks at 18-19.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2018, 05:53:17 PM »
I'd love to see what trouble some of you could get into getting 5 figure checks at 18-19.
i would be dead.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2018, 06:01:54 PM »
one more reason Freddy should be on FA so he can collect royalty checks. I’d be surprised if habitat has paid anyone a realistic amount of money since around the time they kicked Pluhowski off.

Free max b. And possibly fred.
FREE MAX B

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2018, 06:16:48 PM »
I just gave him $10. It's the least I could do. Slap community should rise to the occasion on this one. Every Fred Gall footage is gold.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2018, 06:27:37 PM »
tempting... but I just cant bring myself to pay another man's taxes without at least getting a sticker or something.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2018, 06:29:43 PM »
tempting... but I just cant bring myself to pay another man's taxes without at least getting a sticker or something.
Wait, you got a 'Hands Down' sticker? Guess I missed out

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2018, 07:00:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wait, you got a 'Hands Down' sticker? Guess I missed out
Maybe a Domestics sticker?
Seriously though, I'm living check to check more or less being the sole provider for my wife and infant, and I'm going to give $10-20 I save somewhere else until the date. Maybe my heart it's just soft because of the kindness strangers showed me in the pre-internet past.
Pstones is the only other go fund me I contributed what I could to.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2018, 07:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Freddy absolutely cannot cut out the booze. Everyone I know that has spent more than an hour with him has seen him drunkenly puke. He rarely even drinks water or eats, he just slams Heinekens all day. He wouldn't be able to survive going cold turkey.

Maybe that plays a factor in how he manages his finances, no? 🤔

I’m kinda torn on all this tbh. On one hand, dealing with debt sucks & society doesn’t necessarily spoon feed financial literacy to the general public, so it sucks to see a fellow skater in that predicament (dealing with $80k to IRS no less)

On the other hand I’m like, this is a grown ass man in his thirty’s asking for donations on the internet to pay off his debt. Bro, there’s probably like 10 people who’ve viewed this thread alone who’re probably dealing similar circumstances and if any of them average Joes posted a gofundme, not a single person would give a fuck. Idc if he’s a legend at the end of the day you’re a GROWN ASS MAN. Make sacrifices, form better spending habits, & learn how to manage your money better. We all know his personality/lifestyle and that shit is not sustainable at his age w/ no major ventures outside of some skate sponsors. Time to adjust. Dude could get that full $80k right now and be another few G’s in the hole just a few months later if he doesn’t make those personal adjustments and truly learn how to manage his money.

I’m sure he’s going through it and I really do feel for him in that regard, but at the same time I’m like tough titty nigga, we all tryna make it out here. I got mouths to feed and if I’m giving money  away, it ain’t gonna be to some dude who’s older than me who’s had a whole career & fanbase to work with prior to being in said predicament. ESPECIALLY if he’s a known drinker. Fuck that

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2018, 09:22:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I’m kinda torn on all this tbh. On one hand, dealing with debt sucks & society doesn’t necessarily spoon feed financial literacy to the general public, so it sucks to see a fellow skater in that predicament (dealing with $80k to IRS no less)

On the other hand I’m like, this is a grown ass man in his thirty’s asking for donations on the internet to pay off his debt. Bro, there’s probably like 10 people who’ve viewed this thread alone who’re probably dealing similar circumstances and if any of them average Joes posted a gofundme, not a single person would give a fuck. Idc if he’s a legend at the end of the day you’re a GROWN ASS MAN. Make sacrifices, form better spending habits, & learn how to manage your money better. We all know his personality/lifestyle and that shit is not sustainable at his age w/ no major ventures outside of some skate sponsors. Time to adjust. Dude could get that full $80k right now and be another few G’s in the hole just a few months later if he doesn’t make those personal adjustments and truly learn how to manage his money.

I’m sure he’s going through it and I really do feel for him in that regard, but at the same time I’m like tough titty nigga, we all tryna make it out here. I got mouths to feed and if I’m giving money  away, it ain’t gonna be to some dude who’s older than me who’s had a whole career & fanbase to work with prior to being in said predicament. ESPECIALLY if he’s a known drinker. Fuck that

Summed it up pretty well sk8d00d. I dig Freddy as much as the next guy but come on, sort ya shit out yourself. If this was anyone else there'd be nothing but scorn
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2018, 09:43:05 PM »
Damn, some of y'all niggas are heartless

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Pretty Serious

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2018, 10:35:20 PM »
If skateboarding can buy Andy Roy new teeth, it can help keep Fred Gall out of jail. 
$8k and counting so far!
https://www.gofundme.com/get-andy-roy-some-teeth

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2018, 10:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I could not have said it any better

[close]

Summed it up pretty well sk8d00d. I dig Freddy as much as the next guy but come on, sort ya shit out yourself. If this was anyone else there'd be nothing but scorn

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2018, 11:36:11 PM »
I got it! Why doesn’t he just hit up the homie/team mate Stefan? He could make this go away.

For the record, I agree with Will 100% He’s a fucking grown ass man and enjoyed a lifestyle that 1% of the population get to enjoy, now he wants money for his mistakes / ignorance? Sorry Fred, no help will be coming from me.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2018, 11:46:50 PM »
I got it! Why doesn’t he just hit up the homie/team mate Stefan? He could make this go away.
or any industry heads really, surely there's 25 people in the entire skate industry that would be able to drop $100 into Freddy's pocket no?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2018, 12:19:29 AM »
What do you think about this photo though?

https://instagram.com/p/Bl4wJn2FWLq/

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2018, 12:31:18 AM »
What do you think about this photo though?

https://instagram.com/p/Bl4wJn2FWLq/
Is Freddy trying to lose his god like status on Slap. Pretty much committed two "no-no's" for Slap. One, beg for money basically with a GoFundMe and showing support for Daryl Angel.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2018, 01:04:09 AM »
I bet half the ppl saying shit about Freddy not taking care of his shit prob don’t pay their own bills. I’ll throw him a few bucks I know what it’s like to be in a rough situation.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2018, 01:23:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
or any industry heads really, surely there's 25 people in the entire skate industry that would be able to drop $100 into Freddy's pocket no?
Fred has probably gone too all those wells way too many times, if you're an adult you all have those friends that you love them from the past but you've had to say no more, and I bet Freddie is 100% that dude.