Author Topic: Fred Gall vs IRS  (Read 25143 times)

clintendo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
Re: Fred Gall vs IRS
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2018, 01:37:54 AM »
Have we really come to a point in this world that its not hard to donated a couple of bucks to help a fellow skateboarder out? even if every member of slap donated a $1 it would take out a great chunk of this... I get its not the most ideal situation, I'm sure Freds not a single bit proud of the scenario, but dont kick the dude whilst he down

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2018, 04:23:26 AM »
grow the fuck up Fred.

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2018, 04:54:40 AM »
It should not be too hard for Adidas/Habitat to provide him $2500.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2018, 05:11:50 AM »
I bet half the ppl saying shit about Freddy not taking care of his shit prob don’t pay their own bills. I’ll throw him a few bucks I know what it’s like to be in a rough situation.

HAHAHA. I pay all my own bills and that is why I won't throw him a few bucks.

Here Come The Lame Jets

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2018, 05:15:45 AM »
If they already seized his savings account, I'm assuming any paycheck he pulls is being garnished heavily by the IRS. I could be wrong. Most likely
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:34:12 AM by Shifty Flip »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2018, 05:30:31 AM »
what a coincidence, i also dont like to pay taxes. would you guys be down to help me on a go fund me in ten years?

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2018, 05:59:52 AM »
damn i just gave my last $20 to Dan Pageau's retirement fund. 

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2018, 06:06:35 AM »
what a coincidence, i also dont like to pay taxes. would you guys be down to help me on a go fund me in ten years?
Give us what Fred has then we'll talk.

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2018, 06:10:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If they already seized his savings account, I'm assuming any paycheck he pulls is being garnished heavily by the IRS. I could be wrong. Most likely
That same logic could be applied for the Gofundme campaign, if there is a will there's a way.

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2018, 06:45:01 AM »
that 80K is just gonna continue to balloon through penalties/late fees even if he makes this payment

freddy's next life hammer should be to fake his own death to get around this

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2018, 08:02:27 AM »
The irony is you have tom pay taxes on GoFundMe money.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2018, 08:33:00 AM »

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2018, 08:36:57 AM »
This is kind of how "East Bound and Down" started, well, without the gofundme and all. I'd pay for an HBO subscription to watch this.

Here Come The Lame Jets

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2018, 08:49:56 AM »
Expand Quote
I bet half the ppl saying shit about Freddy not taking care of his shit prob don’t pay their own bills. I’ll throw him a few bucks I know what it’s like to be in a rough situation.
[close]

Fred is a lifer. Sure, he could have sold out like most of us but he didn't. Could he have made some better decisions? Of course. But none of us have walked in his i-paths. Good for you for paying your bills...most people do. But you take the time to come and HAHA and say why you won't throw him a few bucks? Some of us are better at life than at skateboarding and the other way around. Fred has earned his respek.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »

I didn't know that. Who would be responsible for the tax bill on the money, the final recipient of the funds or the person that created the GoFund (if different like this one)? And what is the tax rate?

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2018, 08:59:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I didn't know that. Who would be responsible for the tax bill on the money, the final recipient of the funds or the person that created the GoFund (if different like this one)? And what is the tax rate?
He's wrong. GoFund is considered a personal gift. As long as it stays under something like 13-14k for the year it is not taxed. Go over that amount and it becomes income. As a donor, you can only deduct the donation if it is to a legit 501(c) charity org.

IHOP

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2018, 09:01:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Fred is a lifer. Sure, he could have sold out like most of us but he didn't. Could he have made some better decisions? Of course. But none of us have walked in his i-paths. Good for you for paying your bills...most people do. But you take the time to come and HAHA and say why you won't throw him a few bucks? Some of us are better at life than at skateboarding and the other way around. Fred has earned his respek.

Honestly I would argue that fred didnt sell out because by the time you could sell out, he was pretty much done professionally skating and was an alcoholic living off of his name.  He wears adidas right now, and judging by this gofundme they dont pay him, im sure he would love to take a pay check from them but they arent offering. 

"respek" to freddy I guess but i will never feel bad not giving to somebodys gofundme for personal mistakes.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2018, 09:13:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Honestly I would argue that fred didnt sell out because by the time you could sell out, he was pretty much done professionally skating and was an alcoholic living off of his name.  He wears adidas right now, and judging by this gofundme they dont pay him, im sure he would love to take a pay check from them but they arent offering. 

"respek" to freddy I guess but i will never feel bad not giving to somebodys gofundme for personal mistakes.
I feel ya and I'm not trying to guilt anyone into dropping their coin but of all the bullshit GFM pages this dude is on the short list for Slap support. Sure, if this is anything other than a one-time thing then by all means we should keep it moving.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2018, 09:22:16 AM »
Look, we all love Fred, but c'mon, he was getting these checks when he was 18-19 years old.  He's fuckin 40 now.  What the hell were you doing with Ryan Clements as a financial adviser that this shit NEVER got cleared up? 

And from the devil's advocate standpoint, a bunch of you are gonna sit there and torch Arto for the AMEX thing because you believe it will make young skaters think credit cards are cool in order to get them into "debt slavery".  Yet, you think it's OK for a 20 year pro skateboarder to NOT pay his taxes and ask the public for money???  What the fuck does THAT teach any of these impressionable young up and coming kids?  That it's OK to NOT be financially responsible for your life and then just ask others for money when you need it??  It's the same shit.  You just hate AMEX because it's a corporation, and love Freddy because he's every skater's favorite skater. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2018, 09:30:15 AM »
Granted, nobody gives two shits about me, but man I sure could have used gofundme money to get out of the financial jams I landed myself in.

Instead, I got a job, kept it, and paid them down slowly over time. It sucked, but I learned my lesson, to be sure.

I enjoy watching the different reactions to gofundme posts on here which are directly proportional to how cool someone is held to be in our culture.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2018, 10:00:00 AM »
If skateboarding can buy Andy Roy new teeth, it can help keep Fred Gall out of jail. 
$8k and counting so far!
https://www.gofundme.com/get-andy-roy-some-teeth
I’d pay big money to never see/hear about Andy Roy ever again.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

shark tits

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2018, 10:06:52 AM »
i hope this is a test and everyone who showed coldheartedness to fred is uninvited to his birthday party.

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2018, 10:08:20 AM »
sucks...get on a payment plan..we all fuck up but shouldn't have other pay for their mistakes. If this was a medical bill or something out of the ordinary i'd support it.

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2018, 10:14:21 AM »
All the bickering is great...

Based on his current pace- by this time next week, Fred will have surpassed his goal of $2500. Dude just made $1400 in 6 days LOL.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2018, 10:18:46 AM »
but at the same time I’m like tough titty nigga,

feedmeseymour

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2018, 10:30:18 AM »
i wonder how jscott's go fund me is doing

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2018, 10:51:11 AM »

Never made it past 2 bills and hasn't had any activity in 6 months. 

https://www.gofundme.com/24jg8k-houstonla-chasin-my-dream-fulltime

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2018, 11:12:57 AM »
At least he acknowledges he was a dumbass and isn't playing the victim card.

Definitely not giving him any of my hard earned money, but it's a nice change of pace.

Still can't believe pageau expected people to fund his retirement.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2018, 11:48:07 AM »
what kind of sheep turn their back to his shepherd ?
burn in hell, evil mingy sheeps^^
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:18:24 PM by the snake »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2018, 11:49:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never made it past 2 bills and hasn't had any activity in 6 months. 

https://www.gofundme.com/24jg8k-houstonla-chasin-my-dream-fulltime

2 one dollar bills?