Author Topic: Fred Gall vs IRS  (Read 25141 times)

headtowall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Re: Fred Gall vs IRS
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »
Expand Quote
The irony is you have tom pay taxes on GoFundMe money.
[close]

I didn't know that. Who would be responsible for the tax bill on the money, the final recipient of the funds or the person that created the GoFund (if different like this one)? And what is the tax rate?
The final recipient. My friend just had one because his house burned down

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
I’m like tough titty nigga

;D. Haha
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

shark tits

« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2018, 12:50:49 PM »
people are typing on slap at work but it's 'hard earned money'.
keep fred gall's name out your mouth after this.
you expect a guy to revolutionize east coast switch skating, gap to grind the LOVE flatbar after smoking crack all night, mirror lennie kirk at hubba, crash cars on the brooklyn bridge, almost get hit w/ metal because lennie kirk is mouthing of in the projects, save monks on homemade scaffolding, prolly some other lives saved, shred for 30 yrs and be likeable AND PAY HIS TAXES?
holding irresponsibility against him is some milquetoast ass cowardice. 'oh but i pay my taxes' you philistine fucks.
you don't deserve heroes if you turn your back on them

shit_for_brains

« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »
you expect a guy to revolutionize east coast switch skating, gap to grind the LOVE flatbar after smoking crack all night, mirror lennie kirk at hubba, crash cars on the brooklyn bridge, almost get hit w/ metal because lennie kirk is mouthing of in the projects, save monks on homemade scaffolding, prolly some other lives saved, shred for 30 yrs and be likeable AND PAY HIS TAXES?
holding irresponsibility against him is some milquetoast ass cowardice. 'oh but i pay my taxes' you philistine fucks.

Says the human stray dog

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2018, 12:55:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Says the human stray dog

I don't even know who we are anymore..

IHOP

« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2018, 01:05:14 PM »

I actually thought you were joking until the last two sentences.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2018, 01:06:45 PM »
At least he acknowledges he was a dumbass and isn't playing the victim card.

Definitely not giving him any of my hard earned money, but it's a nice change of pace.

Still can't believe pageau expected people to fund his retirement.

making a go fund me is kinda like playing the victim tho. is he asking for help after he fucked himself

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2018, 01:06:59 PM »
It should not be too hard for Adidas/Habitat to provide him $2500.

Habitat posted the gofundme on their story, but scrolling through I didn’t see any donations from anyone significant.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2018, 01:16:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Says the human stray dog
[close]

I don't even know who we are anymore..

we are slap messages™

IHOP

« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2018, 01:20:25 PM »
Expand Quote
It should not be too hard for Adidas/Habitat to provide him $2500.
[close]

Habitat posted the gofundme on their story, but scrolling through I didn’t see any donations from anyone significant.

Why would they put one of their oldest pros on blast for being broke, weird move.

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2018, 01:26:12 PM »
$$ has doubled since it was posted on here yesterday.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2018, 01:29:07 PM »
what a fuckin child. I can't believe hie is celebrated by skater children and adults alike for his irresponsible and childish lifestyle.
donating to this go fund  me is just another way that he'll land on his feet and not learn any lesson from his mistake.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2018, 01:30:46 PM »
Expand Quote
At least he acknowledges he was a dumbass and isn't playing the victim card.

Definitely not giving him any of my hard earned money, but it's a nice change of pace.

Still can't believe pageau expected people to fund his retirement.
[close]

making a go fund me is kinda like playing the victim tho. is he asking for help after he fucked himself

Yeah I see where you're coming from , he's  asking for help when it's completely his fault that he's in this situation, but at least he admits that it's his fault and isn't attempting to deflect the blame.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2018, 01:46:38 PM »
what a fuckin child. I can't believe hie is celebrated by skater children and adults alike for his irresponsible and childish lifestyle.
donating to this go fund  me is just another way that he'll land on his feet and not learn any lesson from his mistake.

This is one of the craziest things about skateboarding. We celebrate and encourage the shit out of people who are completely blowing it at (creating a superficial and stale suburban) life, but after we get our entertainment out of them we say, "Well you should have been more responsible."

What an amazing catch-22. If the skaters were more "responsible" (read: neo-liberal business minded weasels) we'd collectively hate them (see Nyjah, Sheckler, P-Rod, Jagger Eaton, Dyrdek, etc.), but when they are "irresponsible" we love them until they need any help. Something about this seems really fucked up.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2018, 02:37:13 PM »
I'd love to see what trouble some of you could get into getting 5 figure checks at 18-19.

This comment is hilarious

As if I should feel bad for someone who was a financially irresponsible teenager making more money than many adults compared to the other 90% of people that age working shitty minimum wage jobs

FOH

veritas

« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »
FA needs to put Freddy and Wenning on so the Photo/Mosaic era fans can stop pretending to love the shell of what Habitat used to be in 2002.

Would you really rather see Fred Gall go to prison for being an idiot when collectively it would be fairly easy to keep him out. We've all made moronic decisions in life and many of us continue to. Some of us have been fortunate enough to have someone help us when we needed it. If you've ever been to jail / prison you woundnt wish it on anyone.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:46:23 PM by veritas »

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2018, 04:01:54 PM »
$$ has doubled since it was posted on here yesterday.

I told you all and I'm right this shit will be paid probably by tonight despite your bickering.

I've loved dude since Sub Zero but C'mon....
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:00:15 PM by BacksideWallride »

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2018, 04:23:51 PM »
I feel like you can probably tell who in this thread is a parent of young children, based entirely off their answers.  Any parent trying to raise a child to learn about responsibility and consequences, is probably against giving to this Go Fund Me. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

midevilco

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2018, 04:34:04 PM »
When is the next lump sum payment due?

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2018, 04:46:02 PM »
dude got $1800 already
see you in a few months to do it again?
legends never die
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2018, 04:57:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is one of the craziest things about skateboarding. We celebrate and encourage the shit out of people who are completely blowing it at (creating a superficial and stale suburban) life, but after we get our entertainment out of them we say, "Well you should have been more responsible."

What an amazing catch-22. If the skaters were more "responsible" (read: neo-liberal business minded weasels) we'd collectively hate them (see Nyjah, Sheckler, P-Rod, Jagger Eaton, Dyrdek, etc.), but when they are "irresponsible" we love them until they need any help. Something about this seems really fucked up.

What are you talking about? I see constant praise for skateboarders that set themselves up for life outside of skateboarding. It's been eight years since Heath Kirchart retired, and people still marvel at the fact that he invested and set himself up to retire on his terms. And I challenge you to find a Mark Suciu interview where he isn't asked about higher education. I think there's a pretty big gap between being a functioning adult and being among the stratosphere of the pros you listed.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2018, 05:37:17 PM »
I donated some money because I have a feeling most of this debt is from when he was starting to make money late 90s early 00s. most skateboard companies hire you as an independent contractor so they don't withhold what you owe the IRS. it makes it seem like ur earning a shit load of cash but actually its regular money. you go a few years without paying your taxes and nothing really happens, then all of a sudden it becomes a problem. if he was making enough to owe 80k from the last 10 years then he's been doing extremely well for himself. but somehow I doubt that. the people in here trying to tar and feather Freddy for being Freddy are lame. yeah he made some bad decisions sometimes. thats what he does. doesn't make him a bad person or undeserving of some gofundme cash. he's one of my favorite skaters but I can't remember the last time ive owned one of his boards. habitat needs to get on that and make some nice ones with his name on it.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2018, 06:03:30 PM »
It's a joke started by Jenkem just to see how quickly we can turn on one of our own. His(&all pro skaters) lifestyle was glorified in the 90s/early 00s when they're dropping content and jackass etc is front and center. Now that his switch back 5s aren't as long everybody is like "fuck em - I had to get a job so he should too". We all had to get jobs because we weren't good enough at skating and sure if we would have got a shoe check we would all stash away the 30-40% for taxes. Maybe he fucked up, got assets seized and now has garnished paychecks all while being the sole provider for his mom and uncle. life sucks and sometimes people get in shitty situations. If he ODs or his liver bursts tonight everybody would be on here celebrating his life and what a free spirit and the essence of skating etc. Just like you have plenty of skaters that have gone too soon through the years because of bad decisions/thier own fault. Fred is a legend because of how he did. If he did it some other way he would another geek nobody talks about.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2018, 06:56:50 PM »
It gets worse

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl4ywjMlx3J/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1fpupa4sa38rw
"No no no, dude. I said im trying to beat my IRS case, not beat my ex's face..."

breathnaigh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2018, 07:31:27 PM »
I feel like you can probably tell who in this thread is a parent of young children, based entirely off their answers.  Any parent trying to raise a child to learn about responsibility and consequences, is probably against giving to this Go Fund Me.

I have little kids and I tossed in $20. Responsibility, sure, but also empathy. Also my cc company immediately alerted me to possible fraud because of the transaction lol

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »
Him hanging out with Daryl Angel during the promotion of this GoFundMe does seem like a cunning sociological experiment designed to implode Slap.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2018, 08:20:36 PM »
Kinda weird he hasn't posted about on his Instagram, or posted a link at all.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2018, 08:31:54 PM »
Ready for that Go Fund Me part to drop though. I'd pay for that.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2018, 08:36:44 PM »
Fred's skateboarding is special and I wish he could figure out a way to keep that going as a side hustle. I for one would pay $100.00 for a series of urban skate missions with the man. I picture it being like a skateboard school for degenerate adults. The Fred Gall Experience sounds like a great weekend to me...