Author Topic: Mike Sinclair | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 50  (Read 9018 times)

ChronicBluntSlider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Mike Sinclair | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 50
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2017, 11:54:39 AM »
Holy shit that was funny.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2017, 12:41:22 PM »
Amazing episode. I think maybe better than Steve Olson's and I loved that episode.

I would love to go for a Sizzle Plate with this dude.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2017, 12:43:19 PM »
this was so good .. get him back for part 2 .. this guys got to have stories for days
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2017, 01:10:49 PM »
Fred Reeves shout out!

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2017, 05:20:43 PM »
That was rad. Would have liked to hear more about Larry Perkins and who he's pissed off over the years...

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2017, 07:52:59 PM »
I cannot fathom that anyone can stand chris roberts' fucking voice for 90 minutes

I cannot fathom that anyone can find this funny ;)

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2017, 04:39:55 AM »
Quote from: fergus  link=topic=95508.msg2646882#msg2646882 date=1496199179
Expand Quote
I cannot fathom that anyone can stand chris roberts' fucking voice for 90 minutes
[close]

I cannot fathom that anyone can find this funny ;)

you must be a struggling alcoholic
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

shit_for_brains

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2017, 06:44:55 AM »
Snack wall looked expensive

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2017, 12:34:51 PM »
between this show and chops recent cb interviews I'm running out of people to hate on

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2017, 04:19:55 PM »
Still no comments from Gip?

That episode was excellent. I forgive Eclair's shenanigans.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2017, 06:33:04 PM »
Sambo McNutt.
That is all.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2017, 09:54:54 AM »
That apartment looks expensive... they mentioned Rog and Kelly live together in Venice, and Crob is in the same area I believe.

I'm always curious on how well certain skateboarders are doing money wise. A 2 bed (Crob said 2 bathrooms in the interview) in Venice is easily going for $2500-3500 month.. and that's nothing special.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »
I wonder how much they spent on all those snacks? And what are they going to do with them after? Unless Sinclair takes it all (which he probably might), it'll take those other dudes forever to finish all those snacks!

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2017, 11:31:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That apartment looks expensive... they mentioned Rog and Kelly live together in Venice, and Crob is in the same area I believe.

I'm always curious on how well certain skateboarders are doing money wise. A 2 bed (Crob said 2 bathrooms in the interview) in Venice is easily going for $2500-3500 month.. and that's nothing special.

Who's dick do I have to switch flip manny to get a nice place around here???

shit_for_brains

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2017, 11:39:34 AM »
I wonder how much they spent on all those snacks? And what are they going to do with them after? Unless Sinclair takes it all (which he probably might), it'll take those other dudes forever to finish all those snacks!

Crob hasn't eaten that much in his entire life, cumulatively, so you know he isn't going to mess with it. Sinclair is the only one but then you're giving him what could be considered a decent payment for his appearance which I know if that were my show I would spend money to make sure nobody received payment just because nobody gets one over on me.

We need to attack the youtube comments asking about a snack wall update

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2017, 07:59:16 PM »
To his credit: pizza's basically a caprese salad on a bread plate... and it's good in LA but the taste doesn't compare to the smell of the shops I visited in NY.  

The snack wall looked like the shit I used to give away on Halloween: Whole boxes of Trix, Pop Tarts, Doritos, all the movie sized candy, etc.
I had to quit, the trick-or-treaters are just too young to appreciate it, the ratio of dumb eyed joyless faces to a group of ravenous elementary kids did not make the cost worth it ~$80 at 2014 prices.

People's peculiar food preferences are always interesting when compared to your own. His disgust for tuna was funny, I feel like Rocky chugging raw eggs when eating it straight from the can after a bunch of exercise.

If I ever pick up the skate life again I'll be echoing Neil's words:

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

too much

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2017, 08:11:29 PM »
That wall was $100...maybe $200 with the stuff on the table...what those 3 dudes in the nine club are doing I would describe as "accurate" aka "just what we needed" A stolen World wall would be tight too...

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2017, 03:00:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They also live with another dude who I grew up with. We skated together in junior high and he stopped in high school and we don't keep in touch anymore, but through following him on Instagram, I found out he lives with Kelly and Roger. Small world.

Irvine-Sucks.com

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2017, 11:58:55 PM »
That was superb. Sambo McNut and JWray stories were all I needed. Sinclair seems like a good dude from this. I like how I come to like or at least respect almost anyone they get on the show after listening to them for an hour, no matter how much I thought I disliked them previously.

Also, completely random association: The self-imposed no-flying reminds me of MJ. But MJ was in the recent Adidas London clip. MJ over flight fright?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »
I hate flying and do it way more than I would have ever cared to. Sometimes you just have to do it but it will never change how you feel about it.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2017, 09:18:16 AM »
For me the worst shit about flying is just the feeling of being in the tube like Sinclair was saying, combined with the fact that you really have to give up any control about your life while in there. Technically the same could be said about riding in someone else's car, but a car isn't 30,000 feet in the air

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2017, 10:56:34 AM »
His shitting in college story really resonated with me.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2017, 03:12:19 PM »
Need a Larry Perkins comeback.

I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »
For me the worst shit about flying is just the feeling of being in the tube like Sinclair was saying, combined with the fact that you really have to give up any control about your life while in there. Technically the same could be said about riding in someone else's car, but a car isn't 30,000 feet in the air

In a car there are a million other possibilities for survival than in an airplane. If something mechanical fails 90% of the time in a car you will come to a stop. In a plane 100% of the time you will plummet from the sky.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2017, 05:00:14 PM »
The worst part of flying is the tiny seats.

I can't believe any of you made it past that fat fuck talking about candy. That's a special type of stupid.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2017, 12:28:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In a car there are a million other possibilities for survival than in an airplane. If something mechanical fails 90% of the time in a car you will come to a stop. In a plane 100% of the time you will plummet from the sky.

Yeah but there aren't a million other planes flying around the sky flown by every moron out there texting, applying makeup, cutting people off, etc. Worst part about flying for me is def the claustrophobia.

Pigeon

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2017, 05:57:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah but there aren't a million other planes flying around the sky flown by every moron out there texting, applying makeup, cutting people off, etc. Worst part about flying for me is def the claustrophobia.
I will admit that I was bit scared after 9/11, but that fear passed a couple years later. That was a bit after I got over my air sickness. Now, the only thing I worry about is my ears popping or sitting next to someone who won't stop talking.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2019, 04:37:04 PM »
Sorry for bumping this, but just watched it and holy shit the story about the contest DJ playing Love Shack for Mike V.  I lost it.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2019, 05:03:14 PM »
love this bump. just rewatched this recently and this is definitely in my top 5 nine club episodes.