Author Topic: Write your mistakes down  (Read 3018 times)

Goldberg

Write your mistakes down
« on: August 05, 2018, 01:48:43 AM »
It helps a lot, when you write your mistakes and ideas during the skate-session down.

I read them everytime, before I go out. It helps a lot to improve much faster and break bad habbits.

example:

1. wait a few milli-secounds more before you go up again -> more concentration and more balance.  this was one of my main mistakes. too hectically. now I stand tricks way more often.

2. "shoulders parallel to my board."

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:56:52 AM by Goldberg »

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 66
Re: Write your mistakes down
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 05:32:38 PM »
Writing "miss timed my tricks, had no pop, balance or coordination" every time I go skate is going to really put a dampener on things.

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 06:45:34 PM »
It helps a lot to improve much faster and break bad habbits.

maybe you should work on your spelling

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 09:43:46 PM »
"was too much of a poosey"

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 10:47:55 PM »
So this is what skateboarding is nowadays?... Writing TPS reports day after day?

Gotta be the best someday I suppose but way to take the fun outta something rad my man.

Goldberg

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 01:37:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well, english is not my first language. But we can also write in German, than we will see who of us should really work on spelling.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:41:08 AM by Goldberg »

Goldberg

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 01:40:28 AM »
So this is what skateboarding is nowadays?... Writing TPS reports day after day?

Gotta be the best someday I suppose but way to take the fun outta something rad my man.

For me it`s more fun, when I know my mistakes. Because then I land tricks way more often.

Reading/Writing mistakes down -> 2 minutes work.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:47:02 AM by Goldberg »

Goldberg

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 01:55:38 AM »
And in most cases those are always the same mistakes. Found 30 now. Helps a lot to be familar with them.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:18:26 AM by Goldberg »

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 02:41:52 AM »
And in most cases those are always the same mistakes. Found 30 now. Helps a lot to be familar with them.

Very German!

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 08:07:04 AM »
Skate like you normally would when filming..
Why do I always have to take one extra push and try to pop things higher when I try to film something? It messes all the finesse I have over my maneuvers

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 05:08:38 PM »

you forgot the cover sheet!

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 08:12:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well, english is not my first language. But we can also write in German, than we will see who of us should really work on spelling.  ;D

well maybe you should practice writing your english

Goldberg

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 07:12:17 AM »
I`m practicing while I`m reading in english forums, you fool.   :D

And I`m more interested in learning skateboarding and other things than english, my friend.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:20:04 AM by Goldberg »

leopard print

• Rep: 12
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 08:11:02 AM »
I used to do this post-coitus.
I seen a nigga piss over the stall wall into the other toilet, it was so dope.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 02:57:53 PM »
This sounds like a great concept to apply to all aspects of life, excluding skateboarding, lol.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 03:27:54 PM »
"Didn't skate today"

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 05:28:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

For me it`s more fun, when I know my mistakes. Because then I land tricks way more often.

Reading/Writing mistakes down -> 2 minutes work.

Agreed. I’m the same way and I do something similar. I have more fun being able to do things on my skateboard consistently and clean than I do trying endlessly to land things and randomly being successful or unsuccessful.

It takes virtually no effort to write down mistakes and working to improve them has tangible effects on my skateboarding which makes skating more fun to me. Improvement is fun and I also like to understand how skateboarding and tricks work, so nerding out on mistakes, body mechanics, etc...is part of the game for me.

Goldberg

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 05:36:19 AM »
Agreed. I’m the same way and I do something similar. I have more fun being able to do things on my skateboard consistently and clean than I do trying endlessly to land things and randomly being successful or unsuccessful.
It takes virtually no effort to write down mistakes and working to improve them has tangible effects on my skateboarding which makes skating more fun to me. Improvement is fun and I also like to understand how skateboarding and tricks work, so nerding out on mistakes, body mechanics, etc...is part of the game for me.

Yes If we are more focusing on physics to understand how the deck and body will move correctly then the chances are much higher to land tricks, instead of doing it randomly (what I did in my youth, too, this was very stupid, timeconsuming and caused high stress)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:37:51 AM by Goldberg »

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 07:20:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes If we are more focusing on physics to understand how the deck and body will move correctly then the chances are much higher to land tricks, instead of doing it randomly (what I did in my youth, too, this was very stupid, timeconsuming and caused high stress)

Same here, I do things totally different now than I did when I was a kid and had pretty much unlimited time and energy (and ability to bounce back from injury) to skate. I have to have an organized approach now if I want to improve.

For sure, having a sense of how the physics work really does help and it is also really interesting! Trying to figure out why moving your foot an inch in towards the center of the board, or studying the results when you position your back foot at different angles for a trick really fascinates me.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 07:31:02 AM by Sundaynuggets »

Goldberg

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 07:52:46 AM »
moving your foot an inch in towards the center of the board, or studying the results when you position your back foot at different angles for a trick really fascinates me.

Yes, only 1 or 2 cm can have a huge impact. Very fascinating.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 05:51:57 AM »
for me the biggest difference and improvement is not giving a shit.

I used to see a trick and wanted to learn it even though i have no clue how to do it.
nowadays I turn my head off and just do what feels good and all of a sudden i learn no movements that develop into tricks. it is more a feeling out what feels good instead of trying to change...

hard to put it into words, somehow.

PMA

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 07:57:53 AM »
i know what i'm doing wrong haha

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19