Author Topic: Moving to Southern Oregon  (Read 895 times)

idealhandmades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
Moving to Southern Oregon
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:21:08 AM »
I'm finally moving out of las vegas and relocating to Talent OR (a tiny town inbetween Medford and Ashland)
Anybody from the area or spend any time there?
I'm kinda looking forward to returning to my small town skating roots (originally from New Hampshire) and dealing with seasons again. Plus something tells me the hippy college kids there will buy my cut down cruisers.

So far I've only skated around Ashland a year or two ago.
I personally give the park a 6/10 (if i knew how to skate gnarly bowls it would be a 9/10. Maybe I'll learn.)
but theres some interesting spots around town and I had a lot of fun just taking a cruiser around for errands/exercise.

This past weeks trip up there I didn't bring my board, but I took a look at the talent skatepark. Seems kinda crappy, but with a couple interesting little bits to it. Hard to know not having actually rolled around though.

I've heard Medford's probably got the better parks in the area, I'm interested to see them.

Only shop I know of is Jack's, still haven't been to either of their locations though.
@idealhandmades

Not Local

Re: Moving to Southern Oregon
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 11:43:09 AM »
I pass through Southern Oregon a fair bit. Love the scenery. I usually skate Weed and Shasta across the border but Gold Hill is really fun. Medford has a great park but I haven't hit it in years. Jacksonville looks really good. No idea about street spots in that area. Take the Redwood Highway to Crescent City and get irie in the woods. If you like the outdoors, mountains, rivers you're stoked. I think I might retire down that way...

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:48:47 PM »
I skated two of the Medford parks last month.

Bear Creek  http://www.skateoregon.com/Medford/Medford.html 

Reasonably fun. Lots of different lines and everything from small banks to a deeper bowl. There is a lot of flat between obstacles on the part closer to the parking lot so it did take a bit more work to haul ass. It's a pretty old park so the concrete is weathered. The bowls looked like they hadn't been skated in a while - lots of trash in the bottom of them and I didn't have a broom.  Bring a broom.

Hawthorne Park
Tiny spot - not really a park.  Worth hitting if you are near it, but not worth a trip.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 04:53:15 PM »
thanks guys, sounds like medford could be my regular. Excited to explore all of the state really, hopefully I'll see yous out there.
@idealhandmades

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 06:55:08 AM »
Southern Oregon especially GP and Medford it's a retirement type of place we conservative values. It has decent amount of small parks. Really good skaters and beautiful scenery. I lived in Merlin and Grants Pass for quite sometime.
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]