Author Topic: Stevie Williams Opens Up About Post Love Park Depression, Changes at DGK & More  (Read 3582 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
I rock with it.  I think he realized how big of a legacy he has and is keeping DGK more tight knit skate instead of going overboard with the rap shit.  I think my biggest criticism of DGK was the fact that I didn't see Stevie around the younger guys much (from the public's perspective of course) then all the crazy stuff that coming out.  Im excited to see some Stevie footage tho.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
Easily one of the best styles of all time.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
Hope he comes back proper, all he needs to do is go out with kalis everyday.

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
IM NOT BUYING SOME OF THAT SHIT

SORRRY BRO

BUT YEAH... CANT EVER DENY HIS STATUS IN HISTORY BUT 2018/19 NAAAA BRO

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
Stevie was leaving near me for a while and I saw him skate and he just wasn't up to s'nuff and he'd mention it. He'd spend all day on a Manny kickflip and get annoyed.

He was really nice though. I saw him put up with the MOST annoying kids with smiles. Respect the hell out of them for that. I may have posted this before, but there were these kids who came into his shop and just hung out. The sucked at skating and would constantly say "HEY STEVIE! CHECK THIS OUT" Or "How do I get sponsored" ya know annoying 13 year old shit who aren't really self aware. He'd let them ride with him to the park, and never really call them out. Some one asked him, why he never told those kids to shut up, he said something to effect of. I don't know what those kids will turn out to be, but they'll remember if Stevie Williams was a dick to them.

Good to see that Stevie and Josh are actively at the helm.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
Stevie was leaving near me for a while and I saw him skate and he just wasn't up to s'nuff and he'd mention it. He'd spend all day on a Manny kickflip and get annoyed.

He was really nice though. I saw him put up with the MOST annoying kids with smiles. Respect the hell out of them for that. I may have posted this before, but there were these kids who came into his shop and just hung out. The sucked at skating and would constantly say "HEY STEVIE! CHECK THIS OUT" Or "How do I get sponsored" ya know annoying 13 year old shit who aren't really self aware. He'd let them ride with him to the park, and never really call them out. Some one asked him, why he never told those kids to shut up, he said something to effect of. I don't know what those kids will turn out to be, but they'll remember if Stevie Williams was a dick to them.

That’s fucking ill.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

ManMelt

I think some people forget how hard Stevie ripped during the late 90’s and early 00’s. He put together some of the sickest lines Love Park has ever seen, and his switch tre was easily one of the best in the business. To watch a lot of that go down in person was pretty insane. Him and Kalis were on such a tear during that time.

micky682

A board company owned by Josh Kalis and Stevie Williams is easy to back.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s fucking ill.
That's a sick attitude. Hope more people in the public eye would see shit like that.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -478
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s fucking ill.
[close]
That's a sick attitude. Hope more people in the public eye would see shit like that.

I met a dude who idolized kirchart and a demo kirchart was mean to him. He’s says he met him since and just kinda smiles politely but still can’t stand the guy. Stevie got the right mentality. The guy still loves his skating but it would suck knowing you get to meet your idol and he’s a dick.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
You guys are fucked. Stevie Is just marketing. Hes good at that

Kalis too. But khakis I'd on some real shit
Gentleman ninja warlock

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45

THATS BASIC ASS SHIT

ANY AND ALMOST EVERY DUDE THAT IS SPONSORED BY A "REAL" OR EVEN A BULLSHIT COMPANY HAS TO DEAL WITH THAT ITS A PART OF THE JOB .. ITS CALLED PLEASING THE CROWD TO SELL SOME PRODUCTS.

JOSH HAS MANAGED TO STAY IN THE GAME DUE TO HIS TRUE LOVE FOR SKATEBOARDING BUT SAYING DUDES ARE AT THE HELM IS LAUGHABLE ..

IF ANYTHING JOSH LAYED A BLUEPRINT FOR OTHER PROS  AND THATS JUST KEEP PUTTING OUT SHIT WITH SOME UPGRADES FOR 10 YEARS AND THEN FIND SOMETHING ELSE THAT WORKS BUT KEEP SKATING AND FIND OTHER THINGS TO DO WITHIN THE COMPANIES YOU RIDE FOR. THAT IS LEGIT A SMART LIFE LESSON THAT TAKE AWAY FROM ANYTHING JOSH DOES.

NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR THE DUDE.