Author Topic: Jerry Gurney takes the piss  (Read 35392 times)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -42
Re: Jerry Gurney takes the piss
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2018, 07:46:16 PM »
Gurney is entertaining. BW is bland and boring and pretty much does nothing to entertain us. No videos, no ads, only one unique product. The Gurney Throne shape was the only thing they made that was interesting. everything else is cookie cutter shit with pirate graphics.

Mythical and magical came out last year and is pretty good.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2018, 08:44:02 PM »

tronic

« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2018, 09:49:47 PM »
Jerry could have worked a part/full time job for extra cash and health benefits, while earning his $700 a month from Bloodwizard.  And he surely was receiving big boxes of product each month....which could have earned him an extra $200 or $300 dollars.  He most likely could have made ends meet without too much stress, if he had just played his cards right.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226

Just Giver

• Rep: 17
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2018, 04:32:46 AM »
Jerry could have worked a part/full time job for extra cash and health benefits, while earning his $700 a month from Bloodwizard.  And he surely was receiving big boxes of product each month....which could have earned him an extra $200 or $300 dollars.  He most likely could have made ends meet without too much stress, if he had just played his cards right.

That would have majorly cut into his drinking time.  ::)

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2018, 07:58:33 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3XaFxMZyo

This part is pretty good, but I feel like a lot of his tricks where he ends in a stall kinda lessen the value of the tricks/make 'em easier. I am not at all one to talk, though. That's the type of shit I would do. I also do a lot of bert slides lol

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2018, 10:23:14 PM »

This part is pretty good, but I feel like a lot of his tricks where he ends in a stall kinda lessen the value of the tricks/make 'em easier. I am not at all one to talk, though. That's the type of shit I would do. I also do a lot of bert slides lol

I agree. I find it funny when guys like this have guest skaters in their parts. I always end up being more stoked on the guest tricks that any of his.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2018, 12:31:08 AM »

that was the lamest part I've ever seen bar none. fuck that guy and his stupid bullet belt. toad should be embarrassed he ever sponsored that kook in the first place.

101slasher101

• Rep: -9
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2018, 01:41:57 AM »
Rewatching that part got me hyped. I'm down for anyone who skates differently on purpose.
Free Gator. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2018, 01:54:01 AM »
The story about Jerry tossing salad for 11 bucks at a party is why I lurk here.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2018, 02:31:38 AM »
I can see Jerry making a 80s metal theme skate brand

id back it, anything to escape the trap edits

thisisnotepic

• Rep: 88
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2018, 02:39:35 AM »
After seeing that old photo that BW posted, it dawns on me that Gurney probably wears those sunglasses ALL THE TIME because they're prescription. Not sure how I feel about that any which way, but thought I'd toss that penny in.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2018, 06:12:08 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdTEc8V48o

Dying.  that is one of the most perfect references ever posted on here

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2018, 08:01:50 AM »

The stalls were lame, but I love a clean long carve push
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2018, 01:08:21 PM »
If they guy didn't have a kooky costume and he skated to a half decent song the part would get me so hyped. Not going to hate on anyone for having an unconventional image, but his is just so stinky.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2018, 02:27:48 PM »
After seeing that old photo that BW posted, it dawns on me that Gurney probably wears those sunglasses ALL THE TIME because they're prescription. Not sure how I feel about that any which way, but thought I'd toss that penny in.

I found this fucking hilarious.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2018, 03:01:13 PM »
Ben Krahn is the only reason to care about Blood Wizard.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2018, 04:52:28 PM »

That's some kind of reverse-hipster kookery.. The dude needs to get contacts and wear regular $10 hangover shades, this throws all his authenticity out the window!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2018, 05:21:41 PM »
Nah, Jack Given rips, that Nolan kid is a rail monster, and Marisa Dal Santo is a legend along with Ben, and any Toad or Chris Senn footage is always a treat even if they don’t put as much out. They’re a small brand for sure, but the idea that there is only one reason to care about BW is silly.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

calvinsdream

« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2018, 05:43:49 PM »
Did no one mention devilslettuce yet

When are the decks coming out

I want a John Dixon jaegermeister shaped cruiser deck

Mr. Fink

« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2018, 06:42:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nah, Jack Given rips, that Nolan kid is a rail monster, and Marisa Dal Santo is a legend along with Ben, and any Toad or Chris Senn footage is always a treat even if they don’t put as much out. They’re a small brand for sure, but the idea that there is only one reason to care about BW is silly.

True. I love Chris Sean, but wasn’t aware that he was still on the team. I didn’t know Marisa was on either. I just love Krahn so much that I made a silly and lazy statement.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2018, 06:47:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

True. I love Chris Sean, but wasn’t aware that he was still on the team. I didn’t know Marisa was on either. I just love Krahn so much that I made a silly and lazy statement.
Honestly, I don’t either, but both had a few clips in the last video. Maybe I just undercut my point...oh well
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Mr. Fink

« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2018, 06:56:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Well, shit.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2018, 11:53:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Wasn’t one of the finest canadians alive,keegan sauder, on at some point too? I remember a small welcome clip

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2018, 06:02:57 AM »
damn, did he just put empty beer cans on the coping and grind through them? BW fucked up big time

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2018, 07:21:50 AM »
Wait wait wait.

You mean to tell me the going rate for eating frogs is $20?

Eating ass is $11?

I know a deal when I see it, but this sounds too good to be true.

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2018, 07:34:54 AM »

Seems like a bad fit for a guy who's sober. In fact I am pretty confused about the whole weed thing. I was pretty certain he only smokes cigarettes these days yet his Devil's Lettuce page claims he's a daily stoner.

Marketing?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2018, 09:25:55 AM »
I still think the funniest Gurney story I’ve read on here was that he showed up to a contest and just bonelessed every single obstacle the entire time. I also don’t know how you could live with yourself if you are eating dudes asses at parties for only $11 bucks. A meal at Chipotle is more expensive than the price of eating a mans leather cheerio and that’s insane.

HungUp

• Rep: 40
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2018, 09:56:08 AM »
I know a girl who went to high school with him back when he looked like McLovin.
She says that he would do anything for money and at a party he actually licked another guy's asshole for $11.
This became a running thing he'd do and eventually everyone came to accept that he loved to eat other boy's asses.

There's a Toad licking joke in here but I can't be bothered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdTEc8V48o

Fucking hell that was perfect.

• Rep: -42
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Seems like a bad fit for a guy who's sober. In fact I am pretty confused about the whole weed thing. I was pretty certain he only smokes cigarettes these days yet his Devil's Lettuce page claims he's a daily stoner.

Marketing?

You can smoke weed and still be sober. Sober means you don't do actual drugs.

DL isn't even a deck company it's a mid grade cannabis company.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen