Author Topic: Jerry Gurney takes the piss  (Read 35463 times)

Nate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
Re: Jerry Gurney takes the piss
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2018, 12:18:26 AM »
Pissed about owners of the company being "millionaires" Two seconds later claims He will become a millionaire via Devils Lettuce...

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2018, 12:31:36 AM »
Does anyone have any links to Toad skating pre BW? I’ve seen the Adrenalin promo and industry section.

thomas kook

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2018, 12:40:11 AM »
Pissed about owners of the company being "millionaires" Two seconds later claims He will become a millionaire via Devils Lettuce...

well yeah he was pissed about the owners being millionaires while the riders are scraping by. so he's trying to become a millionaire on his own. who's a bigger idiot, you or the idiot whose words and intentions you can't even compute?

fs overkrook

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2018, 01:00:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

well yeah he was pissed about the owners being millionaires while the riders are scraping by. so he's trying to become a millionaire on his own. who's a bigger idiot, you or the idiot whose words and intentions you can't even compute?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2018, 01:17:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
toad has his own electrical contracting business for a LONG time.  anywhere he lives is because of the money he's made working his ass off, not from Blood Wizard.  If you think he lives in a "mansion" because of BW, you're as delusional as Jerry.
[close]

thats what i'm trying to figure out if he's talking about senn or toad or both of them.
[close]
BOTH have other jobs. Senn does like fishing expeditions or something in Hawaii, and Toad is an electrician or whatever that other dude said.
Toad is rad and a legend and used to put on the greatest event in skateboarding (chili bowl).
Senn is a legend and SOTY.
Both have to work other jobs to get their organic veggies.
The fact that Jerry thinks he deserves to get by only from the income he gets from that company when those guys can’t is ridiculous.
Worth noting: a friend of mine from SD recently told
me Nick Merlino works in a grocery store to get by. That dude has pulled some epic shit and rides for a much more well-established brand.
The fact is, most pros don’t get by on board company salaries- including the rich ones who get much more money from shoe, clothing, and energy drink people.
To me it sounds like reality hit Jerry that he wasn’t buying a mansion with blood wizard royalties, and rather than face reality and make changes he needed to in order to survive, he lashed out at the people who can’t pay him what he wishes he could get.
The reality will set in though. Here’s the thing: people upset with being underpaid at a job who are worth more get other options and take them, they don’t quit with an angry public letter and no new sponsor. Aaron Herrington didn’t decide Blood Wizard wasn’t good enough and decide to publicly angrily quit without another sponsor, he just ended up on Polar because he liked that opportunity more. Happens all the time with other pros as they outgrow small sponsors. Usually “you don’t pay me enough I’m worth more you greedy assholes!” doesn’t go well. Ask Keelan Dadd or (allegedly) Brian Emmers
Also, if Toad owns a multimillion dollar property in SF, I wouldn’t be shocked if the dude bought before the boom. I have a friend whose parents sold a house in Potrero Hill (sf neighborhood) for like $2.7 million that they bought for under $100k in the 90’s. Back then being near projects and a short walk from 24th st. brought the price down...not anymore!
#teamtoad
[close]

Gip, please, shut the fuck up. You don't need to act like you know exactly what is going on in every situation. I grew up skating with some of the Blood Wizard pros, and I'm not going to share specifics, but riders are getting fucked.

I'm not defending Gurney's response, but whoever said he's making $700 a month is an idiot. Also, yea, Merlino and all of Foundation is getting fucked over. I guarantee Sincalair's salary is more than the whole team makes while he still works for Nike. That has nothing to do with the riders but the upper management, which is the same as Blood Wizard.

But, but, he bought before the boom! Fuck off Gipper. You just look for controversy to share your bullshit opinions.
Fucked over? How much money do you think blood wizard is raking in? Does your friend do the books at blood wizard or just complain he doesn’t make as much as he deserves? Idiot. Do you think all of these companies have all sorts of money that they are just hiding? You have zero evidence anybody is getting fucked over, there just ain’t that much money in going pro for a tiny brand whose owners have main jobs aside from this project.
And you aren’t the only one who knows blood wizard pros, just apparently the ones who expect to get rich off of blood wizard checks.
If your friends are “getting fucked” they should just go get paid properly for their talent with all of those other offers coming in at market rate, right? I mean, with all the openings for “guy to get paid to ride a skateboard” out there, clearly blood wizard isn’t paying enough to keep them around.
I never claimed to know it all, but the whole situation has been insanely public and its not hard to figure out that in a situation where a dude publicly quits a sponsor for “fucking him over” and has no other real sponsors that he probably shouldn’t talk shit to the only people WILLING TO PAY HIM TO RIDE A SKATEBOARD.
Just a thought.
Oh, and you clearly don’t live in the Bay if you think its shocking a homeowner’s house is worth over a million....but, but, but I skated with a blood wizard pro and he sez is no fair!!!! Just shut the fuck up
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:21:07 AM by Ronald Wilson Reagan »
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2018, 01:32:44 AM »
I get paid fuck all compared to the owner of the company I work for too. Imagine that. ::)

People are acting like they don't know how working for someone else works.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -132
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2018, 02:36:46 AM »
Expand Quote
This just proves my point and makes me even more confident
[close]

I have use this in an argument sometime hahah.

This whole situation is hilarious and gurney is delusional..

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2018, 04:26:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
toad has his own electrical contracting business for a LONG time.  anywhere he lives is because of the money he's made working his ass off, not from Blood Wizard.  If you think he lives in a "mansion" because of BW, you're as delusional as Jerry.
[close]

thats what i'm trying to figure out if he's talking about senn or toad or both of them.
[close]
BOTH have other jobs. Senn does like fishing expeditions or something in Hawaii, and Toad is an electrician or whatever that other dude said.
Toad is rad and a legend and used to put on the greatest event in skateboarding (chili bowl).
The fact that Jerry thinks he deserves to get by only from the income he gets from that company when those guys can’t is ridiculous.
me Nick Merlino works in a grocery store to get by. That dude has pulled some epic shit and rides for a much more well-established brand.
The fact is, most pros don’t get by on board company salaries- including the rich ones who get much more money from shoe, clothing, and energy drink people.
To me it sounds like reality hit Jerry that he wasn’t buying a mansion with blood wizard royalties, and rather than face reality and make changes he needed to in order to survive, he lashed out at the people who can’t pay him what he wishes he could get.
The reality will set in though. Here’s the thing: people upset with being underpaid at a job who are worth more get other options and take them, they don’t quit with an angry public letter and no new sponsor. Aaron Herrington didn’t decide Blood Wizard wasn’t good enough and decide to publicly angrily quit without another sponsor, he just ended up on Polar because he liked that opportunity more. Happens all the time with other pros as they outgrow small sponsors. Usually “you don’t pay me enough I’m worth more you greedy assholes!” doesn’t go well. Ask Keelan Dadd or (allegedly) Brian Emmers
Also, if Toad owns a multimillion dollar property in SF, I wouldn’t be shocked if the dude bought before the boom. I have a friend whose parents sold a house in Potrero Hill (sf neighborhood) for like $2.7 million that they bought for under $100k in the 90’s. Back then being near projects and a short walk from 24th st. brought the price down...not anymore!
#teamtoad
[close]

Gip, please, shut the fuck up. You don't need to act like you know exactly what is going on in every situation. I grew up skating with some of the Blood Wizard pros, and I'm not going to share specifics, but riders are getting fucked.

I'm not defending Gurney's response, but whoever said he's making $700 a month is an idiot. Also, yea, Merlino and all of Foundation is getting fucked over. I guarantee Sincalair's salary is more than the whole team makes while he still works for Nike. That has nothing to do with the riders but the upper management, which is the same as Blood Wizard.

But, but, he bought before the boom! Fuck off Gipper. You just look for controversy to share your bullshit opinions.
[close]
Fucked over? How much money do you think blood wizard is raking in? Does your friend do the books at blood wizard or just complain he doesn’t make as much as he deserves? Idiot. Do you think all of these companies have all sorts of money that they are just hiding? You have zero evidence anybody is getting fucked over, there just ain’t that much money in going pro for a tiny brand whose owners have main jobs aside from this project.
And you aren’t the only one who knows blood wizard pros, just apparently the ones who expect to get rich off of blood wizard checks.
If your friends are “getting fucked” they should just go get paid properly for their talent with all of those other offers coming in at market rate, right? I mean, with all the openings for “guy to get paid to ride a skateboard” out there, clearly blood wizard isn’t paying enough to keep them around.
I never claimed to know it all, but the whole situation has been insanely public and its not hard to figure out that in a situation where a dude publicly quits a sponsor for “fucking him over” and has no other real sponsors that he probably shouldn’t talk shit to the only people WILLING TO PAY HIM TO RIDE A SKATEBOARD.
Just a thought.
Oh, and you clearly don’t live in the Bay if you think its shocking a homeowner’s house is worth over a million....but, but, but I skated with a blood wizard pro and he sez is no fair!!!! Just shut the fuck up

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2018, 05:10:17 AM »
Let's just sit here and watch this guy's braincells fry...
That's some paranoid/schizophrenic shit right here
support your local ramp-tramp

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2018, 05:34:38 AM »
Finally, some of the drama the TNT thread couldn't deliver.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2018, 05:41:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
#teamtoad
[close]

[close]
Just a thought.
[close]

He’s not just ‘getting paid to ride a skateboard’, he’s getting paid to SELL skateboards. That means cultivating a following, putting out parts, and trying to set himself apart from a ton of other pros.

As such, if he isn’t being paid a proportionate amount to what is being sold, then there is s problem.

None of us have those details, so it’s hard to judge.

All these problems, the industry ‘protecting’ problematic pros, sweatshop labor, non-skate corporations coming in to milk the scene, boards meant to break in a month, are all connected to the way we’ve been taught to believe that we need to get away with anything we can, as long as it turns a profit.

It would be nice if dudes like Gurney, and every other pissed off pro went in to build something more cooperative and less exploitive. I’d fucking back that with my cash.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2018, 09:21:06 AM »
Devil's Lettuce is the worst name ever for a cannabis brand, med or rec.
And if he thinks he's going to make millions by selling larfy popcorn shake in California in this day and age, he really has lost his mind.

MASTiF

« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2018, 09:27:32 AM »
yikes

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2018, 09:30:22 AM »
This should give confidence to any future sponsor.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2018, 09:31:55 AM »
Lemme clear a couple of things up for you guys who really are uninformed, yet making statements like you know.

* Chris Senn is NOT an owner in BW.  It's Toad and Justin.  Both have had lucrative employment WAY before they ever started BW and have used their own money at times when board sales weren't generating enough to keep things going. 

* Toad's house is NOT in San francisco

* The median price for a home the Bay Area is $935,000.  That's NOT a mansion.  That's an average home.

* Toad will ALWAYS be a better skateboarder than Jerry Gurney ever will be.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2018, 09:35:32 AM »
Lemme clear a couple of things up for you guys who really are uninformed, yet making statements like you know.

* Chris Senn is NOT an owner in BW.  It's Toad and Justin.  Both have had lucrative employment WAY before they ever started BW and have used their own money at times when board sales weren't generating enough to keep things going. 

* The median price for a home the Bay Area is $935,000.  That's NOT a mansion.  That's an average home.

Jerry Gurney's a saint, Toad is an asshole.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2018, 09:55:40 AM »
Wait dude was getting $700 a month for being a gimmick on a small niche board brand? Working a normal job and then getting a few hundred extra for filming yourself acting like an idiot on the weekends sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2018, 10:07:36 AM »
gerri is an ingrate
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2018, 11:15:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
#teamtoad
[close]

[close]
Just a thought.
[close]
[close]

He’s not just ‘getting paid to ride a skateboard’, he’s getting paid to SELL skateboards. That means cultivating a following, putting out parts, and trying to set himself apart from a ton of other pros.

As such, if he isn’t being paid a proportionate amount to what is being sold, then there is s problem.

None of us have those details, so it’s hard to judge.

All these problems, the industry ‘protecting’ problematic pros, sweatshop labor, non-skate corporations coming in to milk the scene, boards meant to break in a month, are all connected to the way we’ve been taught to believe that we need to get away with anything we can, as long as it turns a profit.

It would be nice if dudes like Gurney, and every other pissed off pro went in to build something more cooperative and less exploitive. I’d fucking back that with my cash.
Lol, are you just finding out about how capitalism works? If he isn’t being paid proportional to what is being sold it just means he doesn’t own the company. You need to google “surplus labor,” because its literally the foundation of our economic system.
And again, lets go over how salary prices work: an employer/contractor offers an employee a certain amount of money for a task or job. The employee decides whether or not to take that job. If he says yes, the salary is set, if he says no, the employer either offers more or the employee looks for other opportunities. If the potential employee can not find other opportunities, then the highest potential salary is their worth. If Jerry gets on another company for more money, he was right that he deserved more. If he doesn’t, then blood wizard wasn’t screwing him.

I didn’t think Senn was an owner, thanks for clearing that up.
100% agreed on Toad>Gurney
How dare those greedy bastards sink their own money into BW! Jerry’s right, what greedy assholes
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2018, 11:31:30 AM »
4 pages and not one lead on his ex girl that broke up with him?

Slap y’all blowing it

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2018, 11:56:40 AM »
i see somewhere he mentioned that he would make more from food stamps and in california the most you can get is $200 per month but you have to be homeless
even the steven

fs overkrook

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2018, 12:08:02 PM »
i see somewhere he mentioned that he would make more from food stamps and in california the most you can get is $200 per month but you have to be homeless

As far as I know he sleeps in his van or crashes at his friends. He is homeless.

TITANIUM NIPPLES

• Rep: -5
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2018, 12:34:59 PM »
I know a girl who went to high school with him back when he looked like McLovin.
She says that he would do anything for money and at a party he actually licked another guy's asshole for $11.
This became a running thing he'd do and eventually everyone came to accept that he loved to eat other boy's asses.

calvinsdream

« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2018, 12:44:20 PM »
I'm thinking foundation or consolidated might pick him up. They could use a reason for people to remember who they are

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2018, 12:46:58 PM »
No more Mr. Nice Toad

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2018, 12:54:32 PM »
Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »
I didnt like seeing Gurney interact with Enjoi on KOTR.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »
I know a girl who went to high school with him back when he looked like McLovin.
She says that he would do anything for money and at a party he actually licked another guy's asshole for $11.
This became a running thing he'd do and eventually everyone came to accept that he loved to eat other boy's asses.

On a comment on the BW post someone said they saw him eat a whole frog for $20 one time. Jerry also said the only reason they’re a company is for tax write offs. Dude needs to stop sprinkling his bowls with coke and angel dust

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2018, 01:38:23 PM »
I heard on several occasions he snorted a whole 8ball of cocaine for free!

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2018, 01:48:03 PM »
I'm thinking foundation or consolidated might pick him up. They could use a reason for people to remember who they are

out of all the companies, you pick foundation? they're literally on KOTR right now.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me