Author Topic: Jerry Gurney takes the piss  (Read 35391 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Jerry Gurney takes the piss
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2018, 04:14:32 PM »
He's obviously starting a band that will rock you.

Larry Sportello

• Rep: 17
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2018, 04:25:21 PM »
Could see him on Krooked, maybe Shane recruited him to give his new company a hesh feel

People on Slap act like Krooked is the O Negative Blood Type of board brands. Anytime anyone leaves a company someone has to say, “they could see them on krooked.”

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2018, 04:26:39 PM »
Like a hurricane?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2018, 04:29:46 PM »
i dunno why but blood wizard is one of the lamest companies out and i wonder how they're still in business. company, business.... business and company. see what i did there. feel free to gnar me.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2018, 04:59:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Like a hurricane?
I love you but I can't gnar you again for another 24 hours.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2018, 05:08:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Like a hurricane?
[close]
I love you but I can't gnar you again for another 24 hours.
It's casual,love you back yo

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2018, 05:23:20 PM »
He was pro?!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2018, 05:43:33 PM »
Expand Quote
toad has his own electrical contracting business for a LONG time.  anywhere he lives is because of the money he's made working his ass off, not from Blood Wizard.  If you think he lives in a "mansion" because of BW, you're as delusional as Jerry.
[close]

thats what i'm trying to figure out if he's talking about senn or toad or both of them.

I heard Senn’s son lives in a castle on Mustafar

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2018, 05:54:08 PM »
Expand Quote
toad has his own electrical contracting business for a LONG time.  anywhere he lives is because of the money he's made working his ass off, not from Blood Wizard.  If you think he lives in a "mansion" because of BW, you're as delusional as Jerry.
[close]

thats what i'm trying to figure out if he's talking about senn or toad or both of them.

I think Senn recently had a Go Fund Me going in furtherance of the goal of building a bowl somewhere. This is not mansion behaviour.

• Rep: -42
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2018, 06:00:15 PM »
That Instagram post from Blood Wizard made me want to buy one of their boards more Than Jerry Gurney ever did.

Exactly. Without Jerry bw just got 10x more interesting to me.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

Davie Dick

• Rep: 14
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2018, 06:05:13 PM »
at least he didn't wizz blood

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2018, 06:08:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Could see him on Krooked, maybe Shane recruited him to give his new company a hesh feel
[close]

People on Slap act like Krooked is the O Negative Blood Type of board brands. Anytime anyone leaves a company someone has to say, “they could see them on krooked.”

Great analysis, any theories on what might be behind this spike in the data?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2018, 06:16:02 PM »
His insta stories are interesting.....anyone catch those texts messages from toad, he seemed like a bitch.
yeah, BUT Gurney was referring to himself as a genius who people will never get just hours beforehand so I'm willing to bet that it's not Toad who is at fault here.

unless it's a total Sabbat worship band, I'm not even slightly interested ....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 06:20:16 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2018, 06:16:45 PM »
I’m sure he’ll have a promising future in the professional backyard wrestling ranks

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2018, 06:40:36 PM »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

calvinsdream

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2018, 07:07:54 PM »
This is hilarious.

By Jerry’s statement he was getting maybe $700 a month to ride for them? Just for decks nowadays  that’s not bad for a small co and for being a fucking kook

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2018, 07:16:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

BOTH have other jobs. Senn does like fishing expeditions or something in Hawaii, and Toad is an electrician or whatever that other dude said.
Toad is rad and a legend and used to put on the greatest event in skateboarding (chili bowl).
Senn is a legend and SOTY.
Both have to work other jobs to get their organic veggies.
The fact that Jerry thinks he deserves to get by only from the income he gets from that company when those guys can’t is ridiculous.
Worth noting: a friend of mine from SD recently told
me Nick Merlino works in a grocery store to get by. That dude has pulled some epic shit and rides for a much more well-established brand.
The fact is, most pros don’t get by on board company salaries- including the rich ones who get much more money from shoe, clothing, and energy drink people.
To me it sounds like reality hit Jerry that he wasn’t buying a mansion with blood wizard royalties, and rather than face reality and make changes he needed to in order to survive, he lashed out at the people who can’t pay him what he wishes he could get.
The reality will set in though. Here’s the thing: people upset with being underpaid at a job who are worth more get other options and take them, they don’t quit with an angry public letter and no new sponsor. Aaron Herrington didn’t decide Blood Wizard wasn’t good enough and decide to publicly angrily quit without another sponsor, he just ended up on Polar because he liked that opportunity more. Happens all the time with other pros as they outgrow small sponsors. Usually “you don’t pay me enough I’m worth more you greedy assholes!” doesn’t go well. Ask Keelan Dadd or (allegedly) Brian Emmers
Also, if Toad owns a multimillion dollar property in SF, I wouldn’t be shocked if the dude bought before the boom. I have a friend whose parents sold a house in Potrero Hill (sf neighborhood) for like $2.7 million that they bought for under $100k in the 90’s. Back then being near projects and a short walk from 24th st. brought the price down...not anymore!
#teamtoad
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

calvinsdream

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2018, 07:34:37 PM »
Woah Jerry’s pretty hard in the comments now

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2018, 08:19:08 PM »
This just proves my point and makes me even more confident
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2018, 08:27:46 PM »
Without a doubt the biggest fucking dork in skateboarding. He talks like a 16 year old kid trying to seem hard.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2018, 09:21:30 PM »
we get it jerry, you smoke weed and like the 80's.

Are you saying you DONT smoke weed and don't like the 80's?!

This sucks, I like seeing people get bent outta shape by Jerry's antics.

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2018, 10:01:33 PM »
http://youtu.be/HM5f6EkuUoc?t=1m34s

ZUMIEZ :P

Gregson is arguably the better skater (different styles for sure) but Gurney was the face of that company as he was the most out there.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:08:43 PM by TooManyPros »

Heather Chandler

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2018, 11:04:13 PM »
There should be a gentleman's agreement in play, where Patagonia quality fleecewear is left out of these discussions.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2018, 11:12:19 PM »
There should be a gentleman's agreement in play, where Patagonia quality fleecewear is left out of these discussions.

let a man half-zip

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2018, 11:15:09 PM »
inb4 Gurney makes a slap account

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2018, 11:19:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
BOTH have other jobs. Senn does like fishing expeditions or something in Hawaii, and Toad is an electrician or whatever that other dude said.
Toad is rad and a legend and used to put on the greatest event in skateboarding (chili bowl).
The fact that Jerry thinks he deserves to get by only from the income he gets from that company when those guys can’t is ridiculous.
me Nick Merlino works in a grocery store to get by. That dude has pulled some epic shit and rides for a much more well-established brand.
The fact is, most pros don’t get by on board company salaries- including the rich ones who get much more money from shoe, clothing, and energy drink people.
To me it sounds like reality hit Jerry that he wasn’t buying a mansion with blood wizard royalties, and rather than face reality and make changes he needed to in order to survive, he lashed out at the people who can’t pay him what he wishes he could get.
The reality will set in though. Here’s the thing: people upset with being underpaid at a job who are worth more get other options and take them, they don’t quit with an angry public letter and no new sponsor. Aaron Herrington didn’t decide Blood Wizard wasn’t good enough and decide to publicly angrily quit without another sponsor, he just ended up on Polar because he liked that opportunity more. Happens all the time with other pros as they outgrow small sponsors. Usually “you don’t pay me enough I’m worth more you greedy assholes!” doesn’t go well. Ask Keelan Dadd or (allegedly) Brian Emmers
Also, if Toad owns a multimillion dollar property in SF, I wouldn’t be shocked if the dude bought before the boom. I have a friend whose parents sold a house in Potrero Hill (sf neighborhood) for like $2.7 million that they bought for under $100k in the 90’s. Back then being near projects and a short walk from 24th st. brought the price down...not anymore!
#teamtoad
[close]

Gip, please, shut the fuck up. You don't need to act like you know exactly what is going on in every situation. I grew up skating with some of the Blood Wizard pros, and I'm not going to share specifics, but riders are getting fucked.

I'm not defending Gurney's response, but whoever said he's making $700 a month is an idiot. Also, yea, Merlino and all of Foundation is getting fucked over. I guarantee Sincalair's salary is more than the whole team makes while he still works for Nike. That has nothing to do with the riders but the upper management, which is the same as Blood Wizard.

But, but, he bought before the boom! Fuck off Gipper. You just look for controversy to share your bullshit opinions.

This. Gip, your opinion isn't worth anything.

JPeterman

• Rep: 4
  • It'll always be Myanmar to me
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2018, 11:39:23 PM »
I get paid fuck all compared to the owner of the company I work for too. Imagine that. ::)

IHOP

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2018, 12:04:17 AM »
I agree with gip, im honestly shocked that anybody on bloodwizard gets paid more than royalties. If you ride for bw i think you know from the start that its for the love not the check.

fs overkrook

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2018, 12:10:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
#teamtoad
[close]

Gip, please, shut the fuck up. You don't need to act like you know exactly what is going on in every situation. I grew up skating with some of the Blood Wizard pros, and I'm not going to share specifics, but riders are getting fucked.

I'm not defending Gurney's response, but whoever said he's making $700 a month is an idiot. Also, yea, Merlino and all of Foundation is getting fucked over. I guarantee Sincalair's salary is more than the whole team makes while he still works for Nike. That has nothing to do with the riders but the upper management, which is the same as Blood Wizard.

But, but, he bought before the boom! Fuck off Gipper. You just look for controversy to share your bullshit opinions.